Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• Options

Accepting that it's partly a function of the FF members sending apologies, there is a pretty absurd ratio of staff to fans at that meeting. I make it 11 staff and 7 fans at first count (not counting the person recording the video).

What's your point here? That it should have been cancelled or the absentees made more of an effort? Really not clear what you would consider might have happened differently. We'd have moaned more if the meeting were cancelled.

I am worried we are picking holes for the sake of it.

Constructive criticism is needed . Surely what is very positive is that the meeting was videoed and released very quickly and that ( to me) the agenda was allowed to air the issues of the day and that answers (whether we like them or not) were given.
    I'd agree that the filming & viewing were a positive. It's the attitude of Meire and the disingenuous replies that were out of order.
    Was it disingenuous though? I say that because there was no real news as no new things came to light. All I heard / saw was the right of reply on some of the things that have been discussed on here and elsewhere.

They defended the realtively minor issue on where ticket office staff are located, Stated the Jimmy Seed stand is at this stage a preliminary investigation and that no staff reductions are planned.

I know I am in a minority but do have some sympathy on the defence of the Dublin interview having taken the time to watch it; you can hear what you want to hear I feel.

I'd rather look to the positive that they concede communication is poor and want go get better.

When the meeting concludes on the merits of a Saturday or Sunday social event with 'our' side admitting to non participation on the basis don't want to consider a change it shows how both sides can become frustrated with entrenched views regardless of the spirit of the meeting.

Critical we (as fans) and they know player recruitment and the managerial farce is the root cause and they effectively admitted that. They commented on it but this forum was never going to get into more detail than it did but a least allowed those attending to express their opinions.
    They may have defended the ticket office, they still seem to miss the fact it's weird (KM talk) for a Championship team not to have a ticket office open during office hours.
  • Options
    If there is going to be better communication, I wish the players would start first, perhaps if they had better communication with each other, they may play better
  • Options
    There's always going to be things that don't get covered considering the regime has done an unlimited amount of shit things, it's almost overwhelming.
  • Options

The person chairing the meeting seems like he wants to rush the agenda through without giving people a chance to talk and therefore giving KM an easy ride. Having said that there aren't actually many fans there who aren't staff which is utterly ridiculous.

The Charlton employee with the grey hair sitting opposite the camera ( sorry don't know his name) looks and sounds way out of his depth too. What was he on about when talking about fans and disorder? He should look at he's security staff.

Tony Keohone COO.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Who is in charge if Katrien goes on maternity leave?

Are you thinking of shagging her ?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

sorry Cables, @rikofold is my new CL hero

Woohoo, I'm going to bump that thread...
  • Options

Accepting that it's partly a function of the FF members sending apologies, there is a pretty absurd ratio of staff to fans at that meeting. I make it 11 staff and 7 fans at first count (not counting the person recording the video).

What's your point here? That it should have been cancelled or the absentees made more of an effort? Really not clear what you would consider might have happened differently. We'd have moaned more if the meeting were cancelled.

Constructive criticism is needed . Surely what is very positive is that the meeting was videoed and released very quickly and that ( to me) the agenda was allowed to air the issues of the day and that answers (whether we like them or not) were given.
    Firstly, there is no need for all those staff - four or five of them said nothing but their names and to confirm they had no "other" business. Secondly, as Fanny said, the reason some fans no longer attend is that they know it's a farce. Others were missing through circumstance. I wasn't criticising them, but making the point the staff presence is absurd.

I think those fans who were there did well in the circumstances, but the club was still able to get away with presenting a lot of guff that can easily be picked apart - Joyes' nonsense about the money and Keohane on just about everything he said. As for the ticket woman...

There were thousands of people in the car park last Saturday and the administration of the club, including the football side, is absolutely pitiful. If you think that meeting went any way towards providing "answers" on the "issues of the day" I think you'll be in a minority. What it showed is how completely out of their depth the senior staff are.
    That's not unique to CAFC though! Who of us haven't been to a management meeting where the balance of attendees isn't great and many don't actively participate.

My point is that abstaining isn't helpful if we are going to comment on and critique the meeting. We have precious few opportunities it seems to me to get direct questions addressed so any forum is of some use.

I'd liken it to a staff meeting called to listen to staff and air views but where the management have an answer we simply don't like and don't identify with.

I do not understand however why the defence on the ticket staff relocation seems to frustrate you. If she is happy sitting alongside other teams and gets some benefit from that why the concern? I am not commenting here on the opening hours.

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

What is frightening is they can sit in that room and effectively boast about how good the ticket system is, it's like the season ticket fiasco did not occur FIVE months ago. No mention of that at all.

The POTY will be like everything else they touch, years of tradition will be forgotten and what ever they put in its place will be a total shambles

I talked to Mandy and Tony on that issue after the event. Reminded them that the club had done nothing.

Also let them know that I'd written to the club at the time outlining lessons they could learn, and suggesting remedial actions they could take. I did get an acknowledgement but nothing done.

I wish now that I'd not held that in my back pocket at the fans' meeting when Richard Murray challenged me to give them the answer.
  • Options

It probably does need to be reformed, and this was something acknowledged in November. It's probably about time the fans were consulted on what that needs to look like...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd agree that the filming & viewing were a positive. It's the attitude of Meire and the disingenuous replies that were out of order.
    Was it disingenuous though? I say that because there was no real news as no new things came to light. All I heard / saw was the right of reply on some of the things that have been discussed on here and elsewhere.

They defended the realtively minor issue on where ticket office staff are located, Stated the Jimmy Seed stand is at this stage a preliminary investigation and that no staff reductions are planned.

I know I am in a minority but do have some sympathy on the defence of the Dublin interview having taken the time to watch it; you can hear what you want to hear I feel.

I'd rather look to the positive that they concede communication is poor and want go get better.

When the meeting concludes on the merits of a Saturday or Sunday social event with 'our' side admitting to non participation on the basis don't want to consider a change it shows how both sides can become frustrated with entrenched views regardless of the spirit of the meeting.

Critical we (as fans) and they know player recruitment and the managerial farce is the root cause and they effectively admitted that. They commented on it but this forum was never going to get into more detail than it did but a least allowed those attending to express their opinions.
    I have a limited degree of sympathy with regard to Dublin. I do accept that she didn't explicitly describe fans as customers, but I have to say that she did distance herself from what she described as the fans' view they weren't customers and by introducing the cinema/restaurant comparison at best offered a straw man argument.

I actually do think it was unintentional but a mistake borne of an entrenched defensive position.
  • Options

Were it not for the fact that the "defence" invents a series of comments that were not made. She provided a form of words regarding what she had said. If she had said what she claimed last night, the club would have released a copy of the video and verbatim transcript on its website, and there would have been very little of the damage that the actual comments have caused.

With regard to the players' do, it seems quite clear that the regime want to take control of this. If it has always been a supporter run event (whether by the Supporters' Club or the Fans' Forum) would the mature and sensible approach not have been to have a meeting before starting to say Saturday rather than Sunday. And, to be fair, I'd be inclined to say that the "entrenched views" of the fans in this case ring true for me - hands up how many of us would go out to a reasonably formal social event on the evening of a match...
  • Options
    edited January 2016

One small point, no personal disparaging comments on people's appearances please.

Rip into what they say, or do, or don't do, but grateful if you could leave looks etc out of it. Thank you

Sorry. :(

In light of this, I'd like to refute my earlier post that claimed a particular Charlton Athletic employee, who shall from here on remain nameless, happened to look like a testicle. I will also refrain from implying that he was hired because Katrien was under the illusion she could see the future by placing her hands on his head.

On a completely unrelated note, I've realised there's nothing simple like MS Paint for Mac which will allow me to draw rudimentary male genitalia whilst also affording me the functionality of copying+pasting a photo on to each ball.

Still, what a fucking look to have with that name..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

Firstly, there is no need for all those staff - four or five of them said nothing but their names and to confirm they had no "other" business. Secondly, as Fanny said, the reason some fans no longer attend is that they know it's a farce. Others were missing through circumstance. I wasn't criticising them, but making the point the staff presence is absurd.

I think those fans who were there did well in the circumstances, but the club was still able to get away with presenting a lot of guff that can easily be picked apart - Joyes' nonsense about the money and Keohane on just about everything he said. As for the ticket woman...

There were thousands of people in the car park last Saturday and the administration of the club, including the football side, is absolutely pitiful. If you think that meeting went any way towards providing "answers" on the "issues of the day" I think you'll be in a minority. What it showed is how completely out of their depth the senior staff are.
    In 90 minutes you do have to pick your battles @Airman Brown. You can't argue with every ludicrous point, I'd still be there.
    Like we'd believe you have anything else to do....

Now, if you'd said that you'd be in a secure institution, that I could understand.
  • Options

You realise that what she is saying is that it is better for her to divide the ticketing staff into two locations in order that she can work upstairs with staff who previously worked in the ticket office themselves? That this is more important than being available to supporters attending in person by being on the ground floor.

This is first, second and third about an opportunity to rent the ticket office space out. It is nonsense and once Meire has gone it will no doubt be reversed.

Of course the foot traffic is low because they are not selling so few tickets overall, but on any measure shutting the windows two days a week us a reduction in service to supporters. And it too will be reversed.

But it doesn't seemingly hurt anyone at present in terms of getting tickets. If demand in the future causes a reversal that would be a welcome issue !

So if they are generating some revenue by it I have no problem until I can't buy my ticket for cup games - so perhaps that is why I am selfishly less worried by it.

I am simply assuming it can be reversed without too much drama if needs must. As I understand it's the wider CHarlton Trust staff using the space so it's not wholly unreasonable to use our combined office space in a different formation.

• Options
    rikofold said:

She's been an account manager, for Saatchi and Saatchi among other ad firms, which whilst neither overwhelming nor an obvious qualification for a Head of Comms role isn't 'accounting'. Will have had more to do with client relationship I imagine, but it's the territory of @PragueAddick so perhaps he can clarify.

But of course you never know how anyone's going to work out so no point in putting any effort into finding someone with a suitable background.

More to the point, one might observe there was some evidence of the Duchatelet school of putting someone inexperienced in a role they'd have no hope of getting elsewhere, thus reaping eternal loyalty. I couldn't possibly comment, of course, but I do hope Ms Baroni isn't of that school.

Account management in the media world isn't actually managing finances whatsoever. It's more being a point of contact for clients and managing individual projects and costs on those. It's a bit of jump to then be head of comms anywhere, let alone at a football club and crisis PR management. Doomed to fail.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

I am sexually attracted to Katrien so much.

If she was a mute, I might agree with you. Sadly she isn't and every time she opens her mouth I realise how much I really can't stand her.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It was nice to hear that the were allowing us to protest in the west car park.