Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• Options
    They fundamentally, to a man/woman fail to see how important it is to get things right on the pitch. I'm afraid breaking even is not going to do it. This club thrived on its ability to find players who wore the shirt with pride and the supporters could have an affinity with each week.
    If youre working to a budget then you have to be clever,or at least find someone who is (a trait that Murray actually got right when he first arrived)
    They need to convince the likes of me to come back.The white van man of the football world.
    They are not going to do that with a swish academy and a call centre you can contact if you've got a wart on your gonads!
  • Options

Missed It said:

As usual, its more about what they don't say than what they do say:-

"his investment has also ensured that Charlton is currently free of any bank debt."

So, is it investment or are actually Charlton up to their eyeballs in Staprix debt?

It's an investment, not a GIFT Mr Duchalet. It increases the club's liabilities. After we have dropped to the Conference League and your investment has increased the value of your real estate, it has benefited no one else but you Mr Duchalet.

I am sick and tired of his £21m being seen as justification for being able to f*ck up our club when he's just moving his money around for his own benefit. Will somebody please make this point when it is next pushed down our throats.

How much more bullshit does this ownership think we can take.
    Is every penny of Duchatelet's spend on CAFC in effect "friendly" debt owed to Starprix?

And if so that would mean that it is essentially using the club as a savings account at a rate of return of 3% (if that's the correct interest) which is not at all shoddy in the current climate.

If so of course there is a risk that we go bust and he wouldn't recoup the debt Ha (he'd be hanging around like Murray for the next few generations of owners after he's sold up) but I'm sure he is shrewd enough to avoid that.

Essentially if this is the case then he has spent sweet fa in the bigger scheme of things. Have absolutely no problem with anyone making a pound note but I do when it comes at the cost of destroying our club.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Dave2l said:

Head of comms is a major sort apart from that a very boring and long vid

The head of comms isn't there.
    head of commercial
    She did what?!
  • Options
    Is there normally that many club employees in attendance?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Just watched this haven't read any comments.

I started to sympathise with the club and was happy some rumours were put clear. But the longer it went on the more angry I was getting. They are sooooo defensive! Seriously put our back 4 in a room with them to learn a thing or two!

That woman in the corner was shaking, it was a shame because she had very valid points but wasn't very good at communicating them, you could see her getting wound up, luckily the guy next to her ( don't know who he is but BRAVO!) he was the highlight for me. Was able to both support her and also better phrase what she was saying, but Katriens facial experssions and attitude is just unbelievable.

I had a meeting today with a massive corporations HR department regarding my departure, I told them some home truths not as a disgruntled employee but as a happy employee leaving for a lot more cash. And although they didn't like what they were hearing, they accepted they were detached from the ground and agreed the points raised were to help the company not to slander it.

The turnover of this company is billions so Cafc is a taxi cab company by comparison, and if I had got the response and reaction in that meeting that these fans representatives got I would have walked out halfway through.

They just don't fucking get it!!! They are treating this like they are the victim and we are the villains, they don't see the seriousness of the situation.

I'm raging I can't type anymore.

I can't wait to step up the protests! Prepare for all out war!

I will now read others thought perhaps I'm over reacting or reading it like the Dublin interview, and misunderstanding due to translation or what ever excuse she has this time!!

What they say though is that they are "rumours", which is a meaningless deflection. There are plenty of people who know the truth about the intent to hire the Ujpest manager, for example, and she says it is a "rumour". Indeed it is, but it's also true.
    Ironically though, that rumourfact would be to her credit if they allowed it to be confirmed.
  • Options

Accepting that it's partly a function of the FF members sending apologies, there is a pretty absurd ratio of staff to fans at that meeting. I make it 11 staff and 7 fans at first count (not counting the person recording the video).

What's your point here? That it should have been cancelled or the absentees made more of an effort? Really not clear what you would consider might have happened differently. We'd have moaned more if the meeting were cancelled.

I am worried we are picking holes for the sake of it.

Constructive criticism is needed . Surely what is very positive is that the meeting was videoed and released very quickly and that ( to me) the agenda was allowed to air the issues of the day and that answers (whether we like them or not) were given.
  • Options

They won't say what they've received in transfer income and allow people to conclude there is a net spend on transfers of £9m. That's not what Joyes actually says - he's just offset the income against operating losses and left the spending as a standalone item. So still no clarity over what the net spend on players is.

Shame the direct question wasn't pushed ie what was the income on player sales in comparison to the £9m and why do we insist on undisclosed fees when many other clubs fo not?

Bit of an oportunity missed sadly.

• Options

Accepting that it's partly a function of the FF members sending apologies, there is a pretty absurd ratio of staff to fans at that meeting. I make it 11 staff and 7 fans at first count (not counting the person recording the video).

What's your point here? That it should have been cancelled or the absentees made more of an effort? Really not clear what you would consider might have happened differently. We'd have moaned more if the meeting were cancelled.

Constructive criticism is needed . Surely what is very positive is that the meeting was videoed and released very quickly and that ( to me) the agenda was allowed to air the issues of the day and that answers (whether we like them or not) were given.
    I'd agree that the filming & viewing were a positive. It's the attitude of Meire and the disingenuous replies that were out of order.
  • Options

I can't believe I'm spending two hours on a Friday night watching this bollocks.

How sad has my life become !?

The same as the rest of us, although to be fair, I have got the Man U v Derby on as well
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I can't believe I'm spending two hours on a Friday night watching this bollocks.

How sad has my life become !?

The same as the rest of us, although to be fair, I have got the Man U v Derby on as well
    I'm watching that too with the sound down.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

Feeling disheartened after watching some of that and reading all the comments. How, really, do we get them to sell if they don't want to? They can ignore our protests.

But they're not, are they? They are reacting all over the place, in a lot of different ways. They can't succeed without us, they can't break even without us spending money on tickets, catering, programmes, etc. The team need us as the 12th man.

I suspect that Roland will sell up before he's 75, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if the result of the protests is change rather than a new regime. Time will tell, frankly I don't care provided (i) Charlton Athletic and all that means survives (ii) the supporters are included in the running of their club, in whatever way is practical.
    Getting some sort of fan representation on the board might help.
  • Options
    Bit annoyed nobody asked the question about labelling Karel Fraeye ''Interim'' announcing we would be searching for a new head coach when he was appointed and then again when we sacked him, I would quite like to have seen how KM would have tried to spin that!
  • Options
    Mackle said:

rikofold said:

Feeling disheartened after watching some of that and reading all the comments. How, really, do we get them to sell if they don't want to? They can ignore our protests.

But they're not, are they? They are reacting all over the place, in a lot of different ways. They can't succeed without us, they can't break even without us spending money on tickets, catering, programmes, etc. The team need us as the 12th man.

I suspect that Roland will sell up before he's 75, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if the result of the protests is change rather than a new regime. Time will tell, frankly I don't care provided (i) Charlton Athletic and all that means survives (ii) the supporters are included in the running of their club, in whatever way is practical.
    Getting some sort of fan representation on the board might help.
    I doubt if there has been more than one board meeting a year since they took over, so not sure that would help.
  • Options

One small point, no personal disparaging comments on people's appearances please.

Rip into what they say, or do, or don't do, but grateful if you could leave looks etc out of it. Thank you

Well said. Totally unacceptable.

P.S. Is 'squirrel face' still an acceptable description of the CEO?

Yes. Most definitely.
  • Options
    Regarding the investment by RD, the money put into the Valley and youth etc is great but the investment in players is like a lucky dip.

Surely, there needs to be serious investment in the scouting network so that we get players who are worth at least what we pay. If the money was spent wisely we'd not be in this mess. The same goes on sales, the money we got for Gomez will seem like peanuts when the new Sky Prem deal begins.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The person chairing the meeting seems like he wants to rush the agenda through without giving people a chance to talk and therefore giving KM an easy ride. Having said that there aren't actually many fans there who aren't staff which is utterly ridiculous.

The Charlton employee with the grey hair sitting opposite the camera ( sorry don't know his name) looks and sounds way out of his depth too. What was he on about when talking about fans and disorder? He should look at he's security staff.
  • Options
    Who is in charge if Katrien goes on maternity leave?
  • Options

The person chairing the meeting seems like he wants to rush the agenda through without giving people a chance to talk and therefore giving KM an easy ride. Having said that there aren't actually many fans there who aren't staff which is utterly ridiculous.

He used the same method when chairing the last VIP meeting
  • Options

I'd agree that the filming & viewing were a positive. It's the attitude of Meire and the disingenuous replies that were out of order.
    Was it disingenuous though? I say that because there was no real news as no new things came to light. All I heard / saw was the right of reply on some of the things that have been discussed on here and elsewhere.

They defended the realtively minor issue on where ticket office staff are located, Stated the Jimmy Seed stand is at this stage a preliminary investigation and that no staff reductions are planned.

I know I am in a minority but do have some sympathy on the defence of the Dublin interview having taken the time to watch it; you can hear what you want to hear I feel.

I'd rather look to the positive that they concede communication is poor and want go get better.

When the meeting concludes on the merits of a Saturday or Sunday social event with 'our' side admitting to non participation on the basis don't want to consider a change it shows how both sides can become frustrated with entrenched views regardless of the spirit of the meeting.

Critical we (as fans) and they know player recruitment and the managerial farce is the root cause and they effectively admitted that. They commented on it but this forum was never going to get into more detail than it did but a least allowed those attending to express their opinions.