Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor Vetokele

Comments

• Let's not forget that Lookman did his hammy then was brought back early and broke down again. Luckily when window opened.
  • edited January 2016

I defended him heavily when he was playing (clearly injured) and people were saying: "He isn't good enough."

He played half a season carrying an injury, when at most clubs, they would not have let him kick a ball for months and we were playing him constantly!

His talent can not be doubted, an injury free and fully fit Igor Vetokele is an asset to ANY championship team.

there, fixed it into English for you
  • Wasted a lot of time and energy on here defending him last year. How people couldn't see that he was injured I'll never know.

Disgrace that he was being wheeled out week after week. Very lucky that whoever was pushing him out on the pitch didn't finish his career.

A fully fit and firing Igor is one of the best strikers in the Championship. Whether he'll ever get that back who knows? If he does he'll no doubt be moved on for a small profit.

I agree and I said at the time, that Vetokele could have a case for taking legal action against the club, for forcing him to play whilst injured. I think he still has tbh.
  • Still begs the question of who is calling the shots with regards to getting players back playing when not fully ready ? I have no confidence in the management structure but cannot believe people like Miere would or could overrule the medical staff. That would apart from being ridiculous also be a sure way of invalidating a players insurance. I doubt that players seen after being injured are not fully assessed by the club staff and in Igors case assessed and scans reported on by a radiologist. All fully documented. An audit trail of the injury would be available to be scrutinised. There are always likely to be players that break down unexpectedly after recovering well but there does appear to be something else going on at Charlton.
  • More from Igor on how unsettling the changes of head coach has been. http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115806
  • rikofold said:

More from Igor on how unsettling the changes of head coach has been. http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115806

He could see it, we could see it, but our myopic CEO said all was good ...hard to believe this situation is for real sometimes
  • Vetokele's problems started last season at Rotherham when Peeters played him up front on his own against two lumps, who kicked the crap out of him.

What happened last Saturday? We played him at CF against a couple of big lumps and hit high balls at him?

He can't play that role and has been wasted by clueless Belgian coaches.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Vetokele's problems started last season at Rotherham when Peeters played him up front on his own against two lumps, who kicked the crap out of him.

What happened last Saturday? We played him at CF against a couple of big lumps and hit high balls at him?

And this Saturday he wont even have the support of the playmaker we just shipped out!
  • Sponsored links:

• I expect RD will sell him now for insubordination.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Vetokele's problems started last season at Rotherham when Peeters played him up front on his own against two lumps, who kicked the crap out of him.

The most impressive thing about Igor is his ridiculous leap for his size. What would be great is if we had some real wingers and stuck Igor up front with Makienok. Start putting crosses in early and the opposition will no doubt feel the need to double up on Makienok to stop him winning all the high balls. That'll free up Igor to get clear and tuck a header away like he did many times at the start of his first season
    It's old fashioned but doesn't mean it can't work - it seems blindingly obvious to me that we should be trying to play this way. Igor is the most suitable of our strikers to feed off any flick on's from Mak as well.
  • edited January 2016
    Got to feel a bit for the way this fella has been treated by the club, there's no way he should have been playing whilst clearly injured.
  • Well done Igor.
  • "Teams are getting further away from us so we need to react fast. It was hard being injured and not being able to help the team. I hope to stay fit and be an important person for them.”

Comes across very well and shows he's interested in doing well for us, we've certainly missed him, if he can keep fit we have a great chance and today is hopefully the pivot point of our season. The team should be buzzing now and lets hope we can continue the positive momentum on the pitch and he doesn't get loaned to Bolton.
  • With Tony Watt going, our only hope of staying up is if a combination of
    Igor, Simon and Lookman can all get in double figures because if not we are toast.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016

I defended him heavily when he was playing (clearly injured) and people were saying: "He isn't good enough."

He played half a season carrying an injury, when at most clubs, they would not have let him kick a ball for months and we were playing him constantly!

His talent can not be doubted, an injury free and fully fit Igor Vetokele is an asset to ANY championship team.

there, fixed it into English for you
    Jesus, you must have one boring life to sit on a forum correcting people's posts.

P.s Lucky we won 4-1 today, had we lost.. That would have been a lot worse.

Have a good one x
  • He was awesome today. Out jumped people 30 cm taller, held the ball brilliantly with his low centre of gravity and tormented Rotherham all afternoon. Igor is back in the best possible way.
  • ....... we are toast.

What does this mean? My boss says it but I don't understand why toast is so bad. Smells and tastes great to me.
  • I dunno but I had always thought that toast was brown bread, dead.

• edited January 2016

....... we are toast.

What does this mean? My boss says it but I don't understand why toast is so bad. Smells and tastes great to me.
    True unless you are the bread!.
  • Toast................ Only on CL
  • yesterday he was highly motivated, aggressive without going overboard, quick, intelligent a perfect foil for Makienok and he worked well with the midfield, what more can one ask for ? .. let's hope he can keep up this standard, he will need to to help pull us well free from the relegation zone
  • ....... we are toast.

Toast = Brown bread.

Brown Bread = Dead