Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor Vetokele

Comments

• A fit Igor at this level should piss it but we SHOULD all know by now when he does get fit he will be loaned or sold.

He has Championship potential, but has a lot to prove at League One level yet.
  • Even if he proves his fitness and scores 2 in every friendly, if the guy is on stupid wages then it's surely going to be out of Bowyer's hands as to whether we keep him. I have zero faith in him being around for our first league game.

He had a mare at a Dulwich Hamlet friendly last time he was here.
  • LB: "Er Roland, where is the striker you promised last week?"

RD: "Huh! what is Igor? Huh!"
  • He wont be here by the start of the season......either because RD will cash in & sell him for peanuts or the player himself will see what a clusterf**k of a club we have now become & will be off like a shot. I doubt if we'll even see him at Welling.
  • Perhaps he just fancies a trip to Portugal
  • ross1 said:

Perhaps he just fancies a trip to Portugal

He does speak Portuguese so he can translate.

Really hope we keep him.
  • SDAddick said:

Club making a relatively big deal of this through their social media channels. I hope it's because there is a genuine expectation that he will be part of our League One squad for 2018/19 and not just an effort to throw us starving dogs of fans a bone of good news.

My gut feeling is he won't be here beyone pre-season. Robinson said similar things about the likes of Cebalos and Igor himself last summer, but they were all off, just the same.

Did he say anything about Igor? I don't remember that (which is not to say it didn't happen).

I remember he was very cautious around Ceballos, and kind of alluded to the fact that he *might* be with us. But despite looking our best player in the friendlies CC was soon gone, presumably because of wages.
    He generally spoke about looking at the players that'd been out on loan and he hadn't met yet. Being keen to see what they were like, clean slate etc. etc. To be fair Sarr is still here, but the general point being, and I realise others have already made it, is that just because Bowyer wants to look at him, it doesn't have a huge bearing on if he'll stay or not.
    I imagine Sarr only at Charlton as people will not pay the high wages he is reportedly on.
  • I suspect that Igor is back because Rolly knows he can’t loan him to his other club and leave us picking up most of the wages without the Aussies say so.
  • I don’t see him staying if Roland is still here. At this level he should be the 20 goal striker we need, assuming he’s fit.
  • From ketts on Dr kish:

It seems certain that Vetokele will be sold, or loaned out again, before the new season begins.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/943793755?-11197:833
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

I suspect that Igor is back because Rolly knows he can’t loan him to his other club and leave us picking up most of the wages without the Aussies say so.

I assume you mean STVV. I thought he’d sold the club to the Japanese. He just kept the ground.
  • ross1 said:

From ketts on Dr kish:

It seems certain that Vetokele will be sold, or loaned out again, before the new season begins.

Shock.
  • ross1 said:

From ketts on Dr kish:

No shit sherlock. I said this yesterday. Doubt we'll see him at Welling on the 14th.
  • ross1 said:

From ketts on Dr kish:

No shit sherlock. I said this yesterday. Doubt we'll see him at Welling on the 14th.
    Or the 7th.
  • Greenie said:

ross1 said:

From ketts on Dr kish:

Or the 7th.
    At 7.45
  • Greenie said:

ross1 said:

From ketts on Dr kish:

Or the 7th.
    Or the 14th, or the 7th, kick-off any time between 09:00 and 19:45.
  • Great news if he does stay.
    Taylor and vetokele are a vast improvement on what we had last season.
  • Fantastic news, if true.
  • Great news if he does stay.
    Taylor and vetokele are a vast improvement on what we had last season.

But nothing compared to Sordell and Church
    God I miss them 2
  • Sponsored links:

• When the British consortium take over they will be 5th and 6th choice behind the new signings.
  • You could knock me down with a feather. I would have bet he was going out again. Very positive news if he stays.

Igor and Taylor should be a top six strikforce with Ajose and Grant as back up.
  • Scoham said:
    Will be astounded if this is actually true and he's in the squad at Sunderland
  • If Igor stays it’ll certainly be noticed in the wage bill...
  • If Igor stays it’ll certainly be noticed in the wage bill...

Or perhaps why Bowyer has settled for just a small squad?

The cake is only so big, of course.

• I was certain the footage showed him bag two goals... Who got the one Igor isn't being given?
  • Dazzler21 said:

I was certain the footage showed him bag two goals... Who got the one Igor isn't being given?

Lapslie with the dribbly shot that crept in at the far post.
  • I found that odd Igor was seen celebrating despite commentators stating Lapslie had scored. So it was definetly Vetokele then as I thought.
  • Simonsen said:

Dazzler21 said:

I was certain the footage showed him bag two goals... Who got the one Igor isn't being given?

Lapslie with the dribbly shot that crept in at the far post.
    That was Igor flicking it on with his heel. 100%, just watched it in slow Mo.