Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LISTEN - Riga interview after Rotherham (talks Watt and Vaz Te)

Comments

• Options
    How refreshing to have someone who answers questions honestly for a change. Liked JR first time round and even more so this time. Hope he gets who he wants in this transfer window.
  • Options
    He has the quiet voice of authority.

I'm always suspicious of the "passionate" managers like Luzon, Di Canio and Sherwood, as their outbursts are just as likely to work negatively as positively
  • Options
    Watt's major flaw is that he does not take criticism to kindly and becomes aggressive. Good player but a ball hogger but hopefully he can keep his temper under control before he blows up again for the rest of his loan so Blackburn will buy him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016

It definitely sounds like he is in charge and he insists on having the final say on transfers. If that's the case I think not signing Oxford is a mistake but I 100% trust Riga's judgement.

I still don't understand why the Oxford transfer was allowed to get so far down the line If Riga wasn't interested though?

I think we have a great chance of staying up with Riga as manager. Good interview

With limited allocated funds, Riga is wise to save money for the positions that need strengthening, with no disrespect to Reece Oxford, there are weaker areas in the team.

Good to move out players who are not up for the fight. Vaz Te, although played out of position, has not looked interested for weeks. Spot on need for another striker. Vetekele is coming back from injury, lots better, but Charlton need another quality striker to ensure that there is competition for places and the strikers are allowed to rest. I don't have a problem with getting rid of Watt, as although he has flair, he is not the best team player. He and Vetekele has to be replaced. Not replacing him & Vaz Te would be a serious mistake.

Refreshing to hear an honest yet diplomatic upfront Charlton Head Coach interview for a change. Ball is in Duchatelet's court to fund a decent replacement.
  • Options
    Haha yes I noticed the audio spikes as well. Probably due to Louis holding the mic to be fair.

Isn't it good to have a head coach (manager) who says sensible things and doesn't resort to ducking hard questions or trotting out the party line.

Wearing cynical hat I think he may have been instructed to do this but I just don't care.

He makes sense, he can set up a team, he gets the players working harder and he has this fan behind him 100%.

We are still deep in the shit, and we may well go down, but at least we will be fighting.
  • Options

Watt's major flaw is that he does not take criticism to kindly and becomes aggressive. Good player but a ball hogger but hopefully he can keep his temper under control before he blows up again for the rest of his loan so Blackburn will buy him.

If true, good luck with Paul Lambert Tony.
  • Options
    Freekin' Belgians
  • Options

Not listened but this Watt who's not committed, is this the Watt that walked away with the MOM award last week?

No problem with Watt going, do have a problem with him going to a rival for the trapdoor. Still don't get the Watt man love, the Adebayor of the lower leagues.
  • Options
    I did listen to it. Riga said, if Watt wanted to stay and put out for Charlton, he could have. However Watt wanted out and so he is.

Whether this is the whole truth is open to question but I am happy for watt to go, show pony distraction for me even though exciting to watch. I wouldn't choose him in my crew if backs were against the wall.
  • Options
    Jose Rigas black and white army!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

We are starting to see now why Roland didn't give Riga the job despite his fantastic stint in 2014.....

As a manager he has this extremely annoying habit of actually insisting on being the manager and not taking orders from Roland or Katrien - far easier to have a malleable novice like Peeters, Luzon or Karel Brent.

This puts Roland in something of a bind since Riga gets results and performances out of the team that are beyond the wildest dreams of the other fucktards that simply do Roland's bidding without question.

Utterly bizarre situation.

I said this when he wasn't offered a new contract the first time around.

If it hadn't been for the protests KF still or the Serb would now be coach.

Depends on fitness and RD not selling Lookman before the window shuts.

Riga is a good fit for this team, but i understand why the boycotters would want him to fail. If by some miracle we stay up, No way should Duchatelet or KM claim any credit, as they are so clueless.

Need Poyet, to find his mojo and Bauer and Diarra to get fit and the Defense should start to look more solid.

Young Lennon is a battler but not quite there at moment.

• Options
    A calm head that the players and fans respect. After today's performance, seeing him calmly manage the team, talk to them regularly throughout, and get the team to following w his game plan is immense. He has transformed Berdich into a potential man of the match, the defence were largely organised despite late Rotherham pressure, and the players looked like they wanted a o play for each other. Well done Jose.
  • Options
    He should either sell (Please do this) or hand over running he club to people who know what they are doing (goodbye Katrien and COO Tony).

He can't continue with his absentee know nothing decision making.