Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barry Island

Comments

• Options
    Who have you upset? Are your kids immunisations up to date?

Absolute pit.
  • Options
    It's like a Welsh version of Hastings,but at least you can get a shag, a nice woolly jumper and a nice casserole on the same date.
  • Options

Sorry Paulie, but I used to go all over the UK for my job. Probably stayed/worked in a couple of hundred different towns and Barry Island ranks #2 in my list of all time British shitholes.

After Crawley?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options

Sorry Paulie, but I used to go all over the UK for my job. Probably stayed/worked in a couple of hundred different towns and Barry Island ranks #2 in my list of all time British shitholes.

After Crawley?
    I can top trump you guys, ever stayed in Scunthorpe? Wow! That's something special.
  • Options
    Following a drunken pledge regarding the nation of Latvia, I attended Barry Town v Skonto Riga about 10-15 years ago. Had a great night, but it's definitely a crappy little town.
  • Options

After Crawley?
    I can top trump you guys, ever stayed in Scunthorpe? Wow! That's something special.
    Don't remind me. I'd forgotten Scunthorpe
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Always looked lovely during "Gavin & Stacey" but I appreciate that is of little help. I'd try Tracy Island.
  • Options

After Crawley?
    Crawley has a level of sophistication that Barry can only dream of.

• Options
    edited February 2016

After Crawley?
    Scunthorpe is #3 on my list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

After Crawley?
    Luton at #1?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Carter said:

Shit hole

Shit hole
  • Options

After Crawley?
    Luton at #1?
    Never worked in Luton, although did go there watching Charlton.

#1 is Huyton in Liverpool - that site we had to lock the gates behind us for our own safety. Passers by were a non stop stream of teenage mums, shirtless blokes with pitbulls, and the surrounding council estate was 50% boarded up with notes on the plywood saying all valuable had been removed form the houses - like the ones you usually see on plumber's vans.
  • Options

After Crawley?
    Luton at #1?
    Never worked in Luton, although did go there watching Charlton.

#1 is Huyton in Liverpool - that site we had to lock the gates behind us for our own safety. Passers by were a non stop stream of teenage mums, shirtless blokes with pitbulls, and the surrounding council estate was 50% boarded up with notes on the plywood saying all valuable had been removed form the houses - like the ones you usually see on plumber's vans.
    Blimey, never saw scenes like that in Luton. Joey Barton did well to get out of Huyton then.
  • Options
    Barry Island has trains to Cardiff. And a nice coast line as well (to be fair). And a new ASDA.
  • Options
    Barry Island? Ain't he the one who shot Jan Dildo?

Allegedly
  • Options
    Anyone else noticed that Paulie posted this and then promptly vanished from the thread? I've a horrible feeling this might have been a romantic getaway and now have visions of him frantically trying to rebook for Leysdown!
  • Options
    A Welsh colleague told me it is rough. The police like to blood youngsters there, so it's not just Roly insisting on throwing youngsters into the fray.
  • Options
    Excited about your weekend, Paulie?
  • Options

A Welsh colleague told me it is rough. The police like to blood youngsters there, so it's not just Roly insisting on throwing youngsters into the fray.

Haha what a load of bollocks. The coppers have a big station and custody centre there, one of the main ones in se Wales. So your mate is full of it.
    Some you lot need to have another look at Barry. It's getting some shocking write ups here and while in the past it was a little rough in places, that's changed.

No way near the top ten rough holes of Britain - let alone number 2!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never been there, thankfully(!), only what I've been told....
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Very, My other half is taking me away for the weekend for my birthday which is on Monday
  • Options
    Dirty Barry
  • Options
    Make a week of it, you could fit in Merthyr and Newport, some cracking pubs there
  • Options

Very, My other half is taking me away for the weekend for my birthday which is on Monday
    Have a goodun Paulie and happy birthday for Monday pal
  • Options
    Sugar tits, have a cracking weekend.
  • Options

Have a good one, happy birthday for Monday.
  • Options

Have a great Birthday on Monday, enjoy your trip away mate
  • Options
    Worked in Barry for a few months nearly 40 years ago so bear in mind things may have changed!

Nothing much happened on Barry Island itself in January and February.

If you have a car Cardiff is only 8 miles down the road.

There are also a few quite scenic places within reasonable driving distance such as Sully, Wenvoe and Penarth to name 3 off the top of my head.

I found some lovely pubs in the area. Names that come to mind are the Fox and Hounds in a place called Llanharan, The Wenvoe Arms and the Blue Anchor at Aberthaw. No idea whether or not they are still in business after all this time!

Hope you, your good lady and baby enjoy the break Paulie.