Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

******CARD: Flash Protest 2 - Billboard and Banner Time!!******

Comments

• Just run on the fucking pitch
  • Support the team during the game. We need to stop mid game anti roland protests. It clearly distracted solly and led to the penalty.

Protest before the game, at half time and after the game. Not during it.

Except it wasn't Solly who gave away pen.
    That's right you carry on believing that such disruption doesn't affect the players if it makes you feel better!! I suppose you also think that booing off 'His one of our own-----' Morgan Fox won't affect his future confidence!!!!!
    Yes, because before the protests the team was performing so well.

Agree that the treatment Fox is wrong but as that was nothing to do with the protests it Is irrelevant here.
    What does the banner say support the team not the regime? some support!!!
  • Were 100+ banners actually handed out? Only 10-15 seemed to be held up from what I could see.

Yes, all 100 were handed out. Perhaps a few got a bit nervous but there still seemed to be a fair few on display.

Do we know if they all made it through the turnstiles?
  • Sponsored links:

• I do not agree with this in game protest, it takes sound and support away from the team.

Too many people are focussing on waiting for the next protest chant and not on shouting for the players in the game.

We don't have the loudest home crowd at the best of times.

During that wait for the next protest chant the silence is even more deafening.

We are not having much success with in game protests, so maybe we should invade the pitch, get the game abandoned, and then the protests will not be 'in game', so problem solved.
  • Davo55 said:

I

Support the team under Jose and CARD, NOT the regime !

I have to say that I'm finding it harder and harder to support this team.
  • saw very few banners from my position, upper north.
    obviously katrien arranged the penalty at the right time, so defusing the effect.
  • seth plum said:

I do not agree with this in game protest, it takes sound and support away from the team.

Too many people are focussing on waiting for the next protest chant and not on shouting for the players in the game.

We don't have the loudest home crowd at the best of times.

During that wait for the next protest chant the silence is even more deafening.

We are not having much success with in game protests, so maybe we should invade the pitch, get the game abandoned, and then the protests will not be 'in game', so problem solved.
    yes why not. We have the ability to trash the pitch, the stadium, the team on every home game. Why not go for the whole lot.

• BR3red said:

Who's prison pocket did they sneak that one into the ground in?
    Two guys i met in Rotherham last week......GOOD ON YOU....We have the means.
  • Does anyone know what was going on in Crossbars today? I was refused entry at 2:15 as 'they had called last orders' when I questioned the truth of this statement the doorman then said 'too many in there' next people turned away were told 'it's too hot' he then locked the doors. There were people coming out but no one else allowed in?
  • We were told they closed the bar at 2:30 so no point going in.

To be clear I wasn't intending to spend :)
  • I've been served at ten to three before today. Not intending to spend either, just wait out of the wind for mate arriving with the tickets.
  • Went round to buy Fulham tickets after the match. The club had clearly gone to great efforts to beef up security prescience for another large protest. The sight of about 150 fans pointing and singing what a waste of money made my day. They'd also hired a large portable floodlight which I guess was to help identify any trouble makers. Although today's protest may not have been as effective as intended, I imagine katrien is getting very fed up with it all. Not much longing until breaking point for her I think (and hope)!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nadou said:

Davo55 said:

I

Where did that come from ?

• jamescafc said:

Went round to buy Fulham tickets after the match. The club had clearly gone to great efforts to beef up security prescience for another large protest. The sight of about 150 fans pointing and singing what a waste of money made my day. They'd also hired a large portable floodlight which I guess was to help identify any trouble makers. Although today's protest may not have been as effective as intended, I imagine katrien is getting very fed up with it all. Not much longing until breaking point for her I think (and hope)!

I really hope so but I can't help thinking maybe it's easy for her to pull the blind down to ignore. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Mind games with KM and glad to say we have and Always will have the upperhand in this game.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I'm proud to say I booed a few times today! It is a disgrace what I watched today on that park!

Why should we support a team that performs like that in a relegation battle!!

Henderson saved us a massive embarrassment I feel.

Disagree with the fox treatment but he was terrible :( I would have taken him off at half time to save the abuse!

I honestly am struggling to justify going back :(

Take a look at my other team Dundee united! Rock bottom but fuck me they are fighting week in week out to stay up! Even when they got a lot worse abuse from the fans that our lot got today they performed better!

And to make it all worse I am ill today and didn't want to go!

Keep complaining about the protesters though that's the solution!

Dundee Utd, fuck off Charlton have affiliation with Dundee not them tosses.
  • Can fully see your point @nichorob.

There was a general feeling after the last post match protest that they will very quickly fizzle out if maintained every single game. There needs to be a mixture of pre, post and other forms of protest all supplemented, and perhaps with the car park protests given an angle. There was also a real hope that the team would win today and along with planned poor whether (the rain hasn't fully materialised as planned), that too would have an impacting effect.

The club simply have to plan for one for every game, and even if CARD are not encouraging one for today, there is no guarantee that others won't ad hoc and absolutely nothing stopping people from doing so. In fact, that adds to sense of uncertainty on the Clubs front.

Massive shame though if it is felt that the extent of protesting is just linked to defeats / poor performances. I know for some people it's all about what happens on the pitch, but I thought on a wider basis it was much broader than that.

I think there will be a couple of lessons learned today as not everything materialised / went to plan, but there is nothing that can be done about that now.

I completely agree with this sentiment.

This is why I am frustrated however with the criticism of ANYTHING the club does. Not all is bad or wrong if they try a view different things. Change can be good but is challenging.

That is why this campaign must (in my opinion) only talk about the real things of issue and not the relatively minor asides of the Sofa or the DJ (once ?) in the bar or the configuration of the ticket office (opening hours is different) etc.

Concentrate on what is important and don't waste energy on the otherwise mundane issues. Mistakes are what make us all stronger ultimately - even when we don't like to publicly admit to them.
  • Nadou said:

Davo55 said:

I

Where did that come from ?

I was commenting on your comment that we should "Support the team under Jose and CARD." Sorry, Fanny - the way I tried to quote went a bit wrong!
  • BR3red said:

Just seen steward Taking genuine Cafc flags off "customers" at the turnstiles. What next scarfs?

Katrien Out scarves next??