Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Options
    WTF is it all about? Loads of Kevin Turvey soundalikes running around talking shite...
  • Options

Bored me to death watching the last couple of episodes tbh, even getting bored of all the naked birds

This, I have given up on it.
  • Options
    Well I must say that after being a bit confused with some earlier episodes I really enjoyed last night. Bravura performance from the bloke playing "The Wandering Jew". Come to think of it, is it the same guy who played the Spanner -supporting low-life in Lilyhammer? Think they have the Russians spot on, too, even if they might seem over the top to anyone who hasn't spent time in Russian company.
  • Options

Well I must say that after being a bit confused with some earlier episodes I really enjoyed last night. Bravura performance from the bloke playing "The Wandering Jew". Come to think of it, is it the same guy who played the Spanner -supporting low-life in Lilyhammer? Think they have the Russians spot on, too, even if they might seem over the top to anyone who hasn't spent time in Russian company.

Tom Hardy.
  • Options

Bored me to death watching the last couple of episodes tbh, even getting bored of all the naked birds

When you've got em round every night ibborg I suppose you do get bored
  • Options
    Saw the thread title and thought, well Andy Peake did have some very good games for us!! ;-)
  • Options

Tom Hardy.
    Ah, not the same bloke. Anyone else see and remember the bloke in Lilyhammer? I nearly spat my beer out when he started going on about his Millwall Brick. Saw the actor recently in a quite different role, period spy drama, I think.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Peaky Blinders s doing its best to put back the affect of a smoking advertising ban has had . Is there ever a scene where Cilian Murphy hasn't got a cigarette in his mouth ?
    Minor gripe ;-)
  • Options

Peaky Blinders s doing its best to put back the affect of a smoking advertising ban has had . Is there ever a scene where Cilian Murphy hasn't got a cigarette in his mouth ?
    Minor gripe ;-)

You should watch Mad Men. You'd love it.
  • Options

Minor gripe ;-)

I have seen them all . Very similar although the network got them to dumb down the smoking in the final season apparently .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Minor gripe ;-)

He's got a point, though.

• Options
    think tonights is going to be a corker.
  • Options

Minor gripe ;-)

Perhaps that's why his voice has changed to a hoarse, vaguely Brummie whisper in this series.
  • Options
    Decent last episode, but though the series was disappointing & not a patch on the first two.
  • Options
    Thought last night's episode was brilliant - series got better as it went on. Some of the acting was excellent.
  • Options
    Agree, I also thought last night's was great but the series as a whole not as good as the first two series.
  • Options
    How great was that twist at the end too. Caught me way off guard
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

How great was that twist at the end too. Caught me way off guard

Were they all really from London all along?
  • Options
    Magnificent. Hats off to the BBC. This is right up there with some of the best acting seen for a long while. Helen Mcrory is superb and Tom Hardy is off the scale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what I've seen, the series has been a great advert for the Brexit/Stop Immigration campaign .. ultra violent, psychotic Gypsy, Italian and Jewish gangsters fighting over 'turf' in England's green & pleasant land ..
  • Options
    edited June 2016

From what I've seen, the series has been a great advert for the Brexit/Stop Immigration campaign .. ultra violent, psychotic Gypsy, Italian and Jewish gangsters fighting over 'turf' in England's green & pleasant land ..

Not sure you can call B'ham in the 20s & 30s, green & pleasant.
    ((:>) .. that was written a wee bit tongue in cheek .. from what I can make out, these fictitious Peaky Cheeky Bleeders had more power throughout England than the king, the police and parliament all rolled into one .. only Mr Churchill at the behest of the White Russians could control them ..
    all 3 series from what I've seen have been a distortion of history, just violent crap dressed up as dramatic historical costume drama .. the real Peaky Blinders were a small gang of small time Brummie crooks with nothing like the violent tendencies and social impact portrayed here by the Beeb .. then again, you watch television drama, you gotta suspend a good deal of belief whilst so doing
  • Options

Bloody League of Nations dictating how we run our country from Geneva. Things were much better in the old Queen's time. I tell you, if we don't do something now by 1935 we'll be over run by foreigners
  • Options
    Just watched the last episode, really enjoyed this series. Looking forward to the next two and seeing how Tommy sorts out the latest twist.
  • Options
    Just watched the last one. I enjoyed it without fully understanding everything that was going on.( am I the only one ?)
    Fantastic scene with Murphy and Hardy.
    It was Pacino/Di Niro esque from Heat.
  • Options

Tom Hardy.
    Ah, not the same bloke. Anyone else see and remember the bloke in Lilyhammer? I nearly spat my beer out when he started going on about his Millwall Brick. Saw the actor recently in a quite different role, period spy drama, I think.

That was Paul Kaye. Shame they cancelled Lilyhammer
  • Options
    BBC2 are showing series 3 before the 15th.