Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cheltenham festival 2016 thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Have to agree well done VP, if she had been closer to the action turning for home the horse finished so strongly that it could of won.
  • Options
    My luck is still poxed having a proper reggie blinker.
  • Options
    Pacha Du Polder had to be ridden that way really, as all its best form was at 2m 4f. If the race was run again she could possibly ride it nearer to the pace but that, of course, is with the benefit of hindsight.
  • Options

need squoteur for a 179 quid treble from 3.11 on don cossack and on the fringe.

laughable how bad that performed,
  • Options
    If you don't jump well you don't win.
  • Options
    28 races, 1 winner. Worst ever Cheltenham from a betting point of view. However, witnessing Sprinter Sacre win and being part of that huge cheer made up for that.
    Still enjoyable and more fun than behaving like a grim reaper, veggie eating Guardian reader.
    Well done to those who made a profit.
  • Options

28 races, 1 winner. Worst ever Cheltenham from a betting point of view. However, witnessing Sprinter Sacre win and being part of that huge cheer made up for that.
    Still enjoyable and more fun than behaving like a grim reaper, veggie eating Guardian reader.
    Well done to those who made a profit.

But surely you are just a gambling addict that has no consideration for those poor horses that are abused to provide you with entertainment!
  • Options
    My bad run continues and the first festival I've not made money.
  • Options
    Nice one CT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

You and me both ! One of those weeks I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Snuck a couple of e/w's by dippng in and out of here... thanks lads.

BTW, it is difficult using a Stan James app on your phone as you are also giving 12 people an employability class!

I am so ashamed...
  • Options
    Had a great week. 5 winners, including one at 20/1 and one at 14/1 (thanks whoever tipped uknowwhatimeanharry).

Plus countless pints in Whitstable yesterday and a few in the Blythe Hill Tavern today. Top couple of days.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Mines not been a week it's been 3 months
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

What goes around comes around, Marc - your luck will change but ultimately remember that you rarely see a poor bookie ;-)
  • Options
    8 winners and a few places made for a great festival!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Ended up quite a bit up mainly thanks to the faves doing there bit of Thursday, great to of witnessed sprinter do that live, already looking forward to next years, looking to do a couple of days next year as apposed to the day trip. Well done to everyone who took the bookies money hearing it's there worst ever festival, so easy to bet now was always going to increase, I'm sure @smiffyboy will be able to line our pockets in the upcoming flat season. And @PeanutsMolloy with his usual class system for the gn.
  • Options
    Always look for ew value bets at Cheltenham.
    Only do small stake patents and lucky 15s and had 2 winners, uniwhatimeanharry @ 14s and mall dini @ 20s.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

What goes around comes around, Marc - your luck will change but ultimately remember that you rarely see a poor bookie ;-)
    Very true Bob, it will change it always does and national hunt isn't my thing I prefer the flat so looking forward to that starting soon. Fingers crossed @palarsehater
  • Options
    My main profit came from selling the SP's on the spreads
    Tuesday sold at 68 made up 38.9
    Wednesdsy sold at 73 made up 50.5
    Thursday sold at 76 made up 41.2
    Friday sold at 87 made up 69.4
    Made up to a profit of 104 times my stake
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was thinking this morning that I hadn't recalled seeing many horses from the big northern stables of Nicky Richards, Donald McCain & Sue Smith at Cheltenham so checked to see how many they actually had running - the answer is one for each of Richards & McCain and none for Smith.

It is clear that losing the patronage of the big owners is hitting the north hard - the likes of Paul Rooney, Andrew Wylie etc etc have moved their horses on. Sad to see but when you see Wylie's horses along with Gigginstown and Ricci's being trained by Mullins and Elliot and producing 10 winners plus another 27 in the top five all English trainers are going to struggle to compete.