Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any good football quiz questions ?

Comments

• Options

Which are the 8 English towns or cities that could host league derby matches (assuming both teams were in the same division)?

Stoke
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    London
    Birmingham

Nottingham
    Bristol
    Sheffield

Forest aren't in Nottingham, they are in West Bridgford. So if County versus Forest is a derby, so is Forest versus County, meaning West Bridgford also hosts a derby, making that nine towns/cities.

If you're going to be technical about it Man United are based in Stretford as opposed to Manchester as in the city.
  • Options
    Which player has made the most combined appearances for all three South London teams (Charlton, Palace & Millwall)?
  • Options

Which player has made the most combined appearances for all three South London teams (Charlton, Palace & Millwall)?

Mark Bright?
  • Options

Think Wimbledon supporters would be a bit offended by the wording of your question, particularly as they've won more major trophies than 2 of the 3 clubs you've listed.
  • Options
    Name the English player to have played 10 mins in a European Cup final and have two winner's medals?
  • Options
    Name the English league team to play their home games on an island.
  • Options

Tranmere? Thinking that Birkenhead may be an island.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Think Wimbledon supporters would be a bit offended by the wording of your question, particularly as they've won more major trophies than 2 of the 3 clubs you've listed.
    If I had a penny for every time I offended a human, animal or plant, I'd be living in a flat next to Taylor Swift in New York
  • Options

MrLargo said:

If I had a penny for every time I offended a human, animal or plant, I'd be living in a flat next to Taylor Swift in New York
    I'd probably be shagging her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

I'd be absolutely wifing that shit
  • Options

Portsmouth
  • Options

What is the football connection between Echo & The Bunnymen and the Spice Girls?

Manchester City were top scorers in the 1st Division in 1937-38 why was this unusual?

Norwood has played little part in Football history - but what football claim to fame does Beulah Hill hold?

Largest English city never to have a football league team?

They were relegated.

Also unique I think because they had been champions the season before, making them the only league champions to be relegated the following year.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Boom said:

Name (probably more than) 3 (ex) footballers you can put on a BBQ.

Kenny Jackett (potato)
    Paul Bacon
    Mike Salmon
    Mark Fish

And, of course, Kevin Muscat, while he's still alive.
    Patrick Berger?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

What is the football connection between Echo & The Bunnymen and the Spice Girls?

Manchester City were top scorers in the 1st Division in 1937-38 why was this unusual?

Norwood has played little part in Football history - but what football claim to fame does Beulah Hill hold?

They were relegated.

Also unique I think because they had been champions the season before, making them the only league champions to be relegated the following year.
    Shame, doesn't look like Chelsea are going to match it this season.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Mark Bright?
    It's actually Darren Ward
  • Options
    Which player lost the 98, 07 & 2012 play off finals?
  • Options

They were relegated.

Yes champions the year before as well. Runners up were charlton
  • Options
    Name the English side that dont play in Great Britain...
  • Options

Which player lost the 98, 07 & 2012 play off finals?

Kevin Phillips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

Mark Bright?
    It's actually Darren Ward
    Forgot all about him.
  • Options

Portsmouth? If that's them on an island
  • Options
    Which football team in England plays in the Scottish leagues?
  • Options

Which football team in England plays in the Scottish leagues?

Berwick?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Nope as its still part of mainland Great Britain
  • Options
    Height and width of a full size goal?
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Nope as its still part of mainland Great Britain
    Guernsey FC?
  • Options

Who was the first player to be Substituted in a match?</blockquote

and/or who came on as the substitute?

• Options

The winner is whoever gets this one right or if no does get it right gets the closest number.

How many FIFA affiliated nations have been represented in the Premier League?

None, it's a club competition not a representative one :wink:
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Boom said:

Name (probably more than) 3 (ex) footballers you can put on a BBQ.

Kenny Jackett (potato)
    Paul Bacon
    Mike Salmon
    Mark Fish

And, of course, Kevin Muscat, while he's still alive.
    Re Muscat, I as wondering why you'd want to bar-b-que a grape, then I remembered who he is and what he did.