Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any good football quiz questions ?

Comments

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Which are the 8 English towns or cities that could host league derby matches (assuming both teams were in the same division)?

Stoke
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    London
    Birmingham

Nottingham
    Bristol
    Sheffield

Forest aren't in Nottingham, they are in West Bridgford. So if County versus Forest is a derby, so is Forest versus County, meaning West Bridgford also hosts a derby, making that nine towns/cities.

If you're going to be technical about it Man United are based in Stretford as opposed to Manchester as in the city.
    Good point. So that's now ten locations that hold derbies.

It's a shame there aren't two teams in Derby, then there would be the Derby derby.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Who is the only footballer to play internationally in 4 different decades?

Which is the only English league club whose name contains no letters which can be ‘coloured in’?

Name the 4 teams in the top 4 English divisions whose names start and end with the same letter.

Which 4 football teams' name contains all 5 vowels?

What's unique about St Johnstone's name?

Which English teams are furthest North, East, South and West?

Litmanen

Hull City

Us, cobblers, villa, Liverpool

Only team with a J in it in Britain

Newcastle norwich Plymouth x 2
  • Options

Height and width of a full size goal?

Whatever it is (and yes, I do know), it's obviously not big enough for our lot of strikers.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Which are the 8 English towns or cities that could host league derby matches (assuming both teams were in the same division)?

Stoke
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    London
    Birmingham

Nottingham
    Bristol
    Sheffield

Forest aren't in Nottingham, they are in West Bridgford. So if County versus Forest is a derby, so is Forest versus County, meaning West Bridgford also hosts a derby, making that nine towns/cities.

If you're going to be technical about it Man United are based in Stretford as opposed to Manchester as in the city.
    Good point. So that's now ten locations that hold derbies.

It's a shame there aren't two teams in Derby, then there would be the Derby derby.
    Remember someone on Five Live talking about a derby when Borussia Dortmund played Borussia Munchengladbach
  • Options

Height and width of a full size goal?

Whatever it is (and yes, I do know), it's obviously not big enough for our lot of strikers.
    8ft x 24ft
  • Options
    In which consecutive FA Cup finals did the ball burst?
    Who was the first player to score for both teams in an FA Cup final?
    Who were the first team to two win consecutive promotions to England's top flight?
    Who were the first team to secure top-flight status in England via a play-off final?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Stig said:

Who were the first team to two win consecutive promotions to England's top flight?
    Who were the first team to secure top-flight status in England via a play-off final?

46 & 47
    Bert Turner
    Charlton
    Charlton
  • Options
    Stig said:

46 & 47
    Bert Turner
    Charlton
    Charlton
  • Options

Largest English city never to have a football league team?

Canterbury?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Warrington is the largest Town.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which English player has scored in each of the top 4 divisions, Europa league and Champions league but never represented England?
  • Options

Which English player has scored in each of the top 4 divisions, Europa league and Champions league but never represented England?

The bloke who name escapes me - not long signed for sheff wed....I refuse to google him.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Canterbury?
    It's Wakefield
  • Options

The bloke who name escapes me - not long signed for sheff wed....I refuse to google him.
    Hooper
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Neil Redfearn?... Barnsley / Charlton / Bradford cant think who the other would be though

Not redfearn. But as a clue, one of the players was relegated in teams that had him (Redfearn) in the side at the same time (Bradford and Barnsley). The player in question was also relegated with a club in the same season as redfearn was relegated with Charlton.
    Ashley Ward?
    Yep - good call.

2 to go. Both forwards . One was absolutely abysmal in his time with us - yes I know that narrows it down (:
    Marcus Bent and Nathan Blake were the other 2
  • Options
    edited February 2016

PaddyP17 said:

Boom said:

Name (probably more than) 3 (ex) footballers you can put on a BBQ.

Frank Leboeuf (literally the beef, right?)
    Rio Ferdinando?
    Is there really no way of LOLing my own post?
    Only Ive looked at this 3 times and laughed out loud each time.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

PaddyP17 said:

Boom said:

Frank Leboeuf (literally the beef, right?)
    Rio Ferdinando?
    Is there really no way of LOL I got my own post?
    Only Ive looked at this 3 times and laughed out loud each time.
    Because it has amused you and you can't lol yourself, ive done it for you. #footballfriend
  • Options
    Made my day Ricky. Cheers!
  • Options

Is it Steve Finnan?
  • Options

Is it Steve Finnan?
    It's Gary Hooper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The EATB and Spice Girls answer is that they both did Euros/World Cup songs for England!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Indeed the only team to ever retain too flight status via the play offs. Most people these days wouldn't remember the original reason for the play offs. Invented just to get Charlton out of the top flight and it failed so they changed the format.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

The EATB and Spice Girls answer is that they both did Euros/World Cup songs for England!

Correct - In 1998 also involved singer from Ocean Colour Scene. Outsold by Three Lines update
  • Options

Name the English player to have played 10 mins in a European Cup final and have two winner's medals?

Jimmy Rimmer
  • Options

Boom said:

Patrick Berger
    Michael CHOPra

To be fair you could beat anybody unconscious and sling them on the BBQ
    Paulo WanCHOPe
    Andy Cole

You're just missing Nicky banger from the 3 I was thinking of!

And Barry Corn on the Cob obviously,
  • Options
    What goal line technology was used for the first time in the first ever FA cup final in 1872?
    How was this improved in 1882?
    What further technology appeared in the Cup Final of 1892, though it had been hanging around for a year or so earlier?
  • Options
    Okay, time to unveil the answer to my favourite question ?

Which Charlton Athletic player went on to manage England ?.......
  • Options
    Stig said:

What goal line technology was used for the first time in the first ever FA cup final in 1872?
    How was this improved in 1882?

String for a bar.

Solid bar.
  • Options

Okay, time to unveil the answer to my favourite question ?

Which Charlton Athletic player went on to manage England ?.......

Roy Hodgson
  • Options
    Micky Stewart.