Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Fulham match thread 20/2/16

Comments

• Options
    I figure we'll go 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. It will be really important for Ba and Harriott to get up and support JBG and Mak. Hopefully, with our pace, we'll look to press them high up the pitch from the off. It'd be great if we could nick a goal, then sit back and look to counter. Hopefully we can get Callum JBG, and Berdich running at their defense, which desperately lacks pace. I think Riga has picked the best team he has available, I suspect Lookman isn't 90 minutes fit, and coming up against two big, strong center halves could be problematic.

I suspect Fulham will go with a diamond in midfield, put Parker at the base so they are less reliant on his legs.

Strangely have a good feeling about this. That probably means we'll lose 4-0.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

apologies up front for any typos or spelling mistakes. If Fanni and Suk-Young come on....I have no idea how Im going to type that!!

Surely Suk and Fanni
    I meant to add and "keep a straight face!!"
  • Options

ross1 said:

apologies up front for any typos or spelling mistakes. If Fanni and Suk-Young come on....I have no idea how Im going to type that!!

Surely Suk and Fanni
    You writing the new "Carry On......." script ?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I figure we'll go 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. It will be really important for Ba and Harriott to get up and support JBG and Mak. Hopefully, with our pace, we'll look to press them high up the pitch from the off. It'd be great if we could nick a goal, then sit back and look to counter. Hopefully we can get Callum JBG, and Berdich running at their defense, which desperately lacks pace. I think Riga has picked the best team he has available, I suspect Lookman isn't 90 minutes fit, and coming up against two big, strong center halves could be problematic.

I suspect Fulham will go with a diamond in midfield, put Parker at the base so they are less reliant on his legs.

The wide men will have a job to do defensively as well, suspect Riga wants Harriott's (relative) experience in there as well. Lookman is exciting, but we need to use him at the right times. Impact sub seems a good choice for him today.
  • Options
    It's cold and wet.

• Options
    Have I missed something, where is Igor?
  • Options
    20 mins till ko
  • Options
    Leuth said:

are tickets still available?

Yes we paid on turnstile. Easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently, Johnson had to cancel a champagne lunch for his agent to take his place on the bench.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Thirty quid right?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Apparently, Johnson had to cancel a champagne lunch for his agent to take his place on the bench.

I knew we had to many defenders on the bench. I take it his agent is a midfielder?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Have I missed something, where is Igor?

Not fully fit, hopefully he will play Tuesday, but do not hold your breath
  • Options

SDAddick said:

The wide men will have a job to do defensively as well, suspect Riga wants Harriott's (relative) experience in there as well. Lookman is exciting, but we need to use him at the right times. Impact sub seems a good choice for him today.
    I would not be picking him out wide I would be playing Lookman behind Makienok. If you saw Lookman play for the U21s they played him behind the strikers and he was a constant threat. He has the pace and goal threat to hit Fulham on the break.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Tweeted just a moment ago, it seems a lot of people are comedians today!

New signings Motta Suk Young Fanni on the bench sponsored by Carry on Belgium this afternoon
  • Options

If it makes you feel any better RM, his actual family name is Yun. No idea why our official Twitter put his first name down instead. Maybe they thought it would cheer everyone up
  • Options
    Yes unfortunately!
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Thirty quid right?
  • Options
    The bench is farcical. 3 fullbacks, a centre back plus two strikers. Best hop no-one in midfield gets injured. Recruitment strategy at its finest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

Surely Suk and Fanni
    JiMMy 85 said:

It's cold and wet.

Oh bloody hell matron......
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Good god Fulham are playing 'Plastic Bertrand!!!' LOL......making a good job of piss taking!!
  • Options

Good god Fulham are playing 'Plastic Bertrand!!!' LOL......making a good job of piss taking!!

He's Belgian. Could he be our next manager?

• Options
    dickplumb said:

SDAddick said:

I would not be picking him out wide I would be playing Lookman behind Makienok. If you saw Lookman play for the U21s they played him behind the strikers and he was a constant threat. He has the pace and goal threat to hit Fulham on the break.
    Well in that case I think Riga wants to play more of a three man midfield so we have the extra body in there... Again I don't know if Lokman is quite ready for the responsibility yet.

• Options
    5 mins till ko!!
  • Options
    Chrissy Powell on Final Score - will be interesting to hear what he says if/when the game comes up.
  • Options
    Teams out soon...COYR's
  • Options

The bench is farcical. 3 fullbacks, a centre back plus two strikers. Best hop no-one in midfield gets injured. Recruitment strategy at its finest.

Don't disagree that our overall recruitment policy is poor, but as mentioned above, we have Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, and Kashi all missing through injury, and RCC doesn't seem to have progressed as hoped in pre-season.

Motta and Young can both play wide midfield in a back four system and it wouldn't surprise me if Motta or both have played in central midfield. Not ideal obviously, but we do have four full internationals on the bench.
  • Options
    Valley Floyd Road belting out of the away end as we await our sides this afternoon. #cafc #CAFCLive
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!