Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Walk out if you want them out"

The problem with current protests is they are hard to co-ordinate on a meaningful scale, they are getting repetitive and old.

The two best moments of the protests so far have been the first "stand up if you want them out" song and the first car park protest.

Now is the time for "walk out if you want them out". On a set minute of the Reading game those that are aware of the protest stand and sing "walk out if you want them out" for that minute. This sends a clear message to KM and spreads the word anyone at the ground who is unaware of the protest.

At the end of that minute, we walk.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    A lot of people will walk out anyway if we are 0.2 or more behind so it is a good idea to do it around the 75th minute mark if that is the case. Agree if we are winning we need to stay and try to help them get the win.
  • Options
    Dont necessarily do it on a set minute unless its 1-0 down on say the 75th minute but if we go 2 down at any stage then that could be signal to start the chant and leave?
  • Options
    See your point but no different to the first 5pm protest - leaving while ahead makes a bigger statement.

We are down and a win makes no difference.

With the support of CARD we can hand out fliers before the game, a new fresh hashtag of #walkoutifyouwantthemout makes it easy to spread on social media.

Do it on 35 or 65 minutes and we'll have long since lost the game anyway
  • Options
    YES WALKOUT has to be next
  • Options
    With no TV games left the reading game being football for a fiver is our last chance.

^for those saying if we are winning they would want to stay - as a charlton fan I completely understand that but now is the time to put your preferences aside.

Its all well and good saying you want them out. Put your money where you mouth is and leave on 60 mins having paid for a ticket and with charlton winning (in the extremely unlikely event thats the case)
  • Options

Dont necessarily do it on a set minute unless its 1-0 down on say the 75th minute but if we go 2 down at any stage then that could be signal to start the chant and leave?

This would be the wrong message. It implies we are walking out because we are losing.
    It has more effect if we are winning (not that that is likely!)
    I believe a walk out is a way to go but closer to end of season

• Options
    This game could see the return of Yann Kermorgant (now at Reading) playing at The Valley and his squad number is 29 so 29 minutes could be a suggestion for a walk-out.
    Whatever, and perhaps CARD will enter the debate, the timing should be irrespective of winning, losing or drawing as painful as that may be and at a previously agreed time not dependent upon scores. The TV coverage of the Liverpool walk-out was superb and whilst we cannot expect similar it would still have a major impact. Imagine just Nightmeire and Murray left in an otherwise empty ground watching the game play-out. Ok that's not going to happen but to maximise the chances an agreed walk-out time nearer the end of the game would increase the number of people prepared to do so.
  • Options

With no TV games left the reading game being football for a fiver is our last chance.

^for those saying if we are winning they would want to stay - as a charlton fan I completely understand that but now is the time to put your preferences aside.

Its all well and good saying you want them out. Put your money where you mouth is and leave on 60 mins having paid for a ticket and with charlton winning (in the extremely unlikely event thats the case)

sorry but..
    if we are winning hardly anyone will go and if we are losing 3 or 4 nil only a few thousand might. Don't forget a lot there on Saturday just won't know wtf is going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Re last: sorry - forgot that the Reading Fans will Stay............................opps
  • Options

If Yann bangs in a hat trick i think half of the west stand will self combust.

That's a great quote, pitting the fans of one stand against another, at a time when total unity is required !!
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

A lot of people will walk out anyway if we are 0.2 or more behind so it is a good idea to do it around the 75th minute mark if that is the case. Agree if we are winning we need to stay and try to help them get the win.

Is the 75th the new 44th minute? :wink:
  • Options
    Surely this has gone past the point of needing to be there to support the team. We are down, let's face it. We have supported the team ridiculously well so far given the mess we are in, but now is the time to make a serious statement.

Walking out and marching to the back of the West and protesting mid game is the way to do that. And not only if we are losing. Will be far more impactful if we are winning.
  • Options
    A mass protest outside the west stand mid game would cost the club, as the would need extra stewards, Police etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I always seem to be leaving early anyway at the moment because the football is so bloody awful, will I therefore now need to leave at half time to beat the crowds? If that is the case I'm sending HALF of my season ticket back to Katrien in protest? How do you like that then, mayonaisse breath?
  • Options
    Very risky approach and egg will land firmly on your face if hardly anybody follows the walk out. To simplify things, just do not attend the match. It's not as though the football team gives a jot.
  • Options

Imagine a walk out and something similar to the Liverpool Scoreline took place, imagine the crying from everyone looking to blame CARD , Rick or anyone but the wanky football policy of our owner for our shitness

Whatever the post-walkout final score should this event take place there is absolutely no way that any blame could be attached to those leaving for affecting the result given the current crisis and the need for desperate measures. It is the regime which has sabotaged this club and is hell-bent on carrying it to self-destruction and they must take responsibility for it and be called to account. That they refuse to do so and seemingly will not accept that there is even a problem e.g. Kat M's previous comment that it's only the fans that have a problem not us.......means that I would be very surprised if anyone would point the finger elsewhere in the unlikely event that the team threw away a win following a walk-out.
    Even if that happened - look at the bigger picture - Katrien Meire must be removed as the first step in a recovery process and if RD won't do it she must be forced to resign by public and press condemnation being stepped up until her position becomes untenable. The rumours (confirmations?) of Sponsorship withdrawals will add to the pressure. Time to strike!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

A mass protest outside the west stand mid game would cost the club, as the would need extra stewards, Police etc.

I think this may be onto something actually. If you had a number protesting outside the ground during the game the response teams would have to be redirected in this direction.

If this were to take place at the same time a number of people inside the ground started to "create a scene" then there would be a serious level of pressure placed on the stewarding of the match.

It is possible to make a scene without overstepping the mark, staying within your rights, but also demanding stewards' actions to at least make more than one steward have to attend. This does not disturb the game, but creates a serious level of pressure on the resources available making the matchday very uncomfortable for KM et al
  • Options

sorry but..
    if we are winning hardly anyone will go and if we are losing 3 or 4 nil only a few thousand might. Don't forget a lot there on Saturday just won't know wtf is going on.
    That includes at least 3 in the director's box.
    And don't forget how many of those on the pitch, in the dugout?????
  • Options
    Sorry, our slogan is "support the team not the regime ". That is the message we put out there and that is what I think we should follow.

I am not the only one who does not like the "stand up if you want them out" during the game as I think this is disrespectful to the players and I think many more will not walk out on the team unless they deserve it. Those in for a fiver are definitely not going to join in.

I understand and agree the sentiments, but do not think this idea will appeal to the vast majority of supporters.
  • Options
    I want them out as much as anyone else, but my husband, my dad and I will not be walking out during the match.
  • Options
    Not a big fan of using the same word twice to form the rhyme, its kinda cheating.
  • Options
    The protest out side the West Stand, post walk out, is a must.

With enough numbers it will be heard inside. Bit embarrassing when more noise is going on outside than in.

Embarrassing for the regime has to be the name of the game.

Well done that man who did the ST protest at Fulham Saturday
  • Options
    Some chants in support of Yann if he starts wouldn't go a miss. I know he'll get a good reception anyway, but if we're two down or the game looks dead at any point then all of the covered end singing Yann's name would be good to hear.

I know it's still support the team not the regime, and some of you might feel that singing about a former player is detrimental, but this is the same team that have given us just 5 wins in 32, my support is waining

Yet another example of where they fucked up.

I know some of you are in the Yann's gone move on camp, and I get that, just thought he can be used as an example (I'm not bleating on about him leaving)