Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Walk out if you want them out"

13»

Comments

• Options
    I support the walk out but it simply won't work for the £5 game. Too many people in the ground not committed to the cause who will be at the game. Last thing we need is KM being proved right on anything.
  • Options
    By the number of free tickets given out for the last game, this regime are going to do whatever they can to fill those seats and undermine any attempts of a coherent chanting protest in the ground.

Reading, the next game, the one after, there will never be a right time.

If we just sit back "supporting the the team, not the regime" we will be ground sharing with Gillingham, while they redevelop the ground with apartments at every corner and anywhere they can fit them between.
    Once he has this, he has a nice little profit and no need for those troublesome supporters.

Forget the team, most have forgotten us, those who haven't will respect why the fans are doing what they are doing.

We need positive action, walk outs, sit ins, crowd to front the front of the stands and pitch gates, block the concessions anything that's legal, disrupts and cost money.

A few games where they have to bring more police into the ground and the it's not just the fans who will be demanding things change.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

Would it not be sensible to do a 10 mins protest from 35 mins to half time?

I also agree this may be better kept for MK game when time and date will limit the number of day trippers.

If we lose at home to MKD, then it really will be curtains.
    Quite conceivable that we lose tomorrow night and Milton Keynes beat Huddersfield, so come tomorrow night we'll be all but down.

Although SeriouslyRed will be thinking that if we beat Milton Keynes on the 8th March the game is back on!
  • Options
    The only thing that will hurt The Rat and Pinocchio is hitting them financially. Once you are in the groung they have your money, and at that point they could not care less if you go or stay. Thats why I will not attend even for a fiver, because every fiver spent is a fiver supporting the owner. Mind you I hate missing out on Charlton, but I will not support Rat or Pinocchio even contribute one penny to them.
  • Options

The only thing that will hurt The Rat and Pinocchio is hitting them financially. Once you are in the groung they have your money, and at that point they could not care less if you go or stay. Thats why I will not attend even for a fiver, because every fiver spent is a fiver supporting the owner. Mind you I hate missing out on Charlton, but I will not support Rat or Pinocchio even contribute one penny to them.

Unfortunately not a luxury us season ticket holders have!
  • Options
    The protest that really counts will only be next season, when they look how many season tickets have been sold. That's the protest that will finally hit home.

But by then it will be all to late. As we head for leauge 2.
  • Options
    Kesman said:

You could flip this on its head and say it is a great luxury to have.

At the moment season tickets are sold in all three of the home stands. Taking this into account the club have to invest money into opening the stands, supplying stewards and stocking the food and drink outlets.

Now imagine if nobody turned up..............it would cost the club a lot of money.

With a season ticket boycott being threatened next season the club can now plan in advance which areas to sell tickets in and open on a match day plus they will assume, rightly in my opinion that those who have purchased a season ticket will attend.

If you want to hit the club financially and at a time when they are not in control of it that time is now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kesman said:

You could flip this on its head and say it is a great luxury to have.

At the moment season tickets are sold in all three of the home stands. Taking this into account the club have to invest money into opening the stands, supplying stewards and stocking the food and drink outlets.

Now imagine if nobody turned up..............it would cost the club a lot of money.

With a season ticket boycott being threatened next season the club can now plan in advance which areas to sell tickets in and open on a match day plus they will assume, rightly in my opinion that those who have purchased a season ticket will attend.

If you want to hit the club financially and at a time when they are not in control of it that time is now!
    This season is already costed based on season tickets & estimated match day walk-ins, if anything a co-ordinated boycott and less day match day tickets will save them money , they will simply estimate and bring in less in stewards.

I do agree with you on the season ticket renewal boycott, they will just shut down portions of the stands and squeeze us into parts they keep open.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

The walk out will only work if a large proportion of people do it and sadly I doubt very much that will happen.
    I can't see our older supporters in the east or west stand bothering regardless of the score.
    They don't stand up when the chants start so I can't see them getting up and walking out.
    It's not what they do and because of that it will look like half the ground ( probably much more than half) don't agree with the protest.

@Bedsaddick out of interest when does someone become an 'older supporter'? I'm feeling bloody old lately and just wanted to check if it was because I am.
    When it's easier to stay in your chair than stand up ( literally) for what you believe in.
  • Options

We can debate this forever and we'll never agree. I don't think anyone is right or wrong.

It's a similar scenario as when we went to Selhurst. I never missed a game and if it wasn't for fans like me, Charlton would likely have gone bust. But, having said that, if loads hadn't boycotted it, we'd probably still be there. So who was right ? The answer is we all were.

It's the same now, there really isn't a right or wrong, but you have to fully consider if it will work.

It won't work against Reading, as we've already sold 20,000, so you'll have at least 5,000 clueless or otherwise daytrippers, that won't walk out, plus at least half of clued up fans that won't.

So you'll possibly get about 2,000 walk from a 20,000 + crowd.

It could be an own goal. Katrien could be back to her, I told you it was only 2% or so. It's too big a risk, to fall flat imo. Stick to what you know you can deliver.

I would suggest that if you're happy to not watch the game (I have no problem with this and support you in doing so), then don't enter, but protest outside The West Stand all game & we'll join you at the end.

(I did favour the leave your seat for 10 min option & go to the concourse. However, many have said that this could be dangerous and with hindsight it could be. If people are trying to leave and re-enter at the same time, the concourses would be overcrowded. What happens if we are exiting and score ? Was it Glasgow Rangers, where fans were trampled to death in this sort of scenario ? )

Our ground is far safer than ibrox was that led to that disaster but take your point.
    Plus we haven't a chance of scoring like Rangers do.
  • Options
    Take the boardroom and the bstds in it
  • Options
    My idea would be at some point if the game for the crowd to turn their back on the game eg at the kick off for 5 mins or so. Or do it stand by stand during the game.
  • Options
    It won't work. Not enough 'fans' will leave and Katrien will be able to say 'only 2% blah blah blah.'

Our only hope is that with a larger crowd we get a larger turnout for the protest. There will hopefully be initial curious interest in this and I assume numbers will dwindle quite rapidly but if we can get some good media attention until 5:15 maybe that will help our cause.

There are probably lots of fans who do only attend a couple of games a season but that does not mean they are not clued up on how bad things are and they may take this game as a good excuse to get down there and shout their anger.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I tell you what frustrates me the most.

It basically boils down to people saying 'if the team are losing, protests will be supported but if not then they probably won't'.

This is far far bigger than the odd result and what might happen on the pitch.

Really thought Charlton supporters collectively were so much less flakey than that. Not convinced now though.

I'm not surprised.
    We dont have a 'solidarity' way of thinking any more.

This is why I have issue with people saying that the Scousers just organised it and the majority walked out. Scousers are traditionally more militant that Londoners/Southerners and as such understand that the big picture is what counts.
  • Options
    chappers said:

My idea would be at some point if the game for the crowd to turn their back on the game eg at the kick off for 5 mins or so. Or do it stand by stand during the game.

I quite like that idea, because it doesn't exclude anyone & everyone is capable of standing up.