Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Walk out if you want them out"

Comments

• Options
    Should be "don't walk in from the start, if you want em out"

Once you're in he's got your ticket money. Football for a fiver is best chance for a boycott yet, the accounts team would've made provisions for some extra wedge for this one, so what better way to hit this greedy c*nt than in the pocket?
  • Options
    The walk out will only work if a large proportion of people do it and sadly I doubt very much that will happen.
    I can't see our older supporters in the east or west stand bothering regardless of the score.
    They don't stand up when the chants start so I can't see them getting up and walking out.
    It's not what they do and because of that it will look like half the ground ( probably much more than half) don't agree with the protest.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Sorry, our slogan is "support the team not the regime ". That is the message we put out there and that is what I think we should follow.

I am not the only one who does not like the "stand up if you want them out" during the game as I think this is disrespectful to the players and I think many more will not walk out on the team unless they deserve it. Those in for a fiver are definitely not going to join in.

I understand and agree the sentiments, but do not think this idea will appeal to the vast majority of supporters.

Posts like this are just so frustrating. Can you not see the bigger picture?

We've supported the team bloody well this season, but let's be honest there's only about 4 of them who are actually thankful for that.

We can't just sit back and not do anything big because it might upset a couple of players who don't give a toss about us. We are in danger of this club being ruined beyond repair but people still don't have it in them to make a stand.
  • Options
    I don't have a ticket for Reading, but I will happily drive up and pay for one, just to walk out again.
  • Options
    For those that do turn up, can we flip this to;

"Don't leave, if you want them out"

And have our post match protest in our own seats?

Even when we are kicked out we can then just move to the (glorious) West Stand carpark.
  • Options
    "Walk in before they do us in"

I am going to the fiver game (mate got tickets not me) because i honestly think i will be the last time i go. Sad but while those Belgian fuckwits are in charge that's me done.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Some chants in support of Yann if he starts wouldn't go a miss.

Why the f*ck,
    Why the f*ck
    Why the f*ck did you sell Yann

followed by

You don't know what you're doing!
  • Options
    Can't we just organise a mass sex on the pitch if you want them out :-)
    That might get us some media attention ;-)
    Ok, might be a BIT awkward afterwards bad idea....
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Sorry, our slogan is "support the team not the regime ". That is the message we put out there and that is what I think we should follow.

I am not the only one who does not like the "stand up if you want them out" during the game as I think this is disrespectful to the players and I think many more will not walk out on the team unless they deserve it. Those in for a fiver are definitely not going to join in.

I understand and agree the sentiments, but do not think this idea will appeal to the vast majority of supporters.

We've supported the team bloody well this season, but let's be honest there's only about 4 of them who are actually thankful for that.

We can't just sit back and not do anything big because it might upset a couple of players who don't give a toss about us. We are in danger of this club being ruined beyond repair but people still don't have it in them to make a stand.
    I suggested this previously, but why not walk out but only to the concourse. Have a slash. Don't buy anything and go back to our seats after 5 or 10 minutes. This could be done several times a match. Surely we are passed this "upsetting the players" bollox by now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not read everything so might have been mention

People say some wont leave if we are winning, well how about a sit in just don't leave ? They would have to pay overtime to all the stewards?
  • Options
    Let's go for the 95th minute,
  • Options

Redrobo said:

I understand why you find such a post frustrating but it is wrong to say that some of us CANNOT see the bigger picture because we have chosen not to protest at the players or coach while they are on the pitch - at least not until we are actually relegated. The argument about does it or does it not affect the players is impossible to prove either way but personally I think it does affect some of the players in a bad way.
    If we are relegated and I think that we will be, then everything is on the table as far as I am concerned. Off the pitch protests and action is of course totally justified now and hopefully effective.

• Options

Not read everything so might have been mention

People say some wont leave if we are winning, well how about a sit in just don't leave ? They would have to pay overtime to all the stewards?

Personally I support a sit in with the banners out again. Not sure what is more effective people staying spread across all the stands or massing in upper north, central west and east. Happy to sit around for hours. Not sure if a really lengthy sit in (e.g. 2-3 hours after the game) falls into the "don't let them know until 12.00 category" or people need longer notice to prepare an evening meal to bring with them! Probably needs a bit more thought and potential legal advice about attempts to physically remove people from the ground.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

I understand why you find such a post frustrating but it is wrong to say that some of us CANNOT see the bigger picture because we have chosen not to protest at the players or coach while they are on the pitch - at least not until we are actually relegated. The argument about does it or does it not affect the players is impossible to prove either way but personally I think it does affect some of the players in a bad way.
    If we are relegated and I think that we will be, then everything is on the table as far as I am concerned. Off the pitch protests and action is of course totally justified now and hopefully effective.

Does Carol think we are going down now too?
  • Options

Let's go for the 95th minute,

Too late half the fans have left by then, some to get in the queue to leave the west car park.

• Options
    I'm happy with the 5 O'clock protests. Gives us all a chance to directly express our anger. I'm looking forward to the next one.
  • Options
    It would be a powerful gesture, but one which could fail for a few reasons:

- Apathy during the match; apathy on the pitch has generally provided apathy in the stands recently.

- Dwindling support; I think we're going to see smaller crowds from here on in - I may be passing on The Valley until I can re-assess in the summer.

- Inflated ratio "day-trippers"; Football for a Fiver is a brilliant initiative, but will water down our core support at the moment.

- Match day support doesn't represent supporter sentiment; those feeling negative are ceasing to go, leaving the hardcore few and many of those who simply don't see a problem at the moment.

These reasons are, as far as I'm concerned, going to be our biggest threat going forward. Not only do they signify a risk to the overall success of the protests in both number and volume, but they also provide a clear path for Katrien's ultimate desire of a placated and grateful fanbase.

I've said it before, but I have no answer about how to combat it - in fact I doubt there is a way without the protests branching out in to something non match-day related... which becomes even trickier.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    happy to walk out but can we make it early on during the game so we miss as much of our defeat as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The NW quad won't move as it will be full with friends and families of the academy boys as it is Acadamy day at the Valley on Saturday
  • Options
    On the pitch if you want them out

• Options
    To many deluded fans with the idea "iv paid I'm not leaving" and "I'm Charlton til i die, il never leave" not seeing the bigger picture as the organiser said. Standing in the car park will do nothing as you've paid to see the game and your money is already in the rats pocket. Boycott or a walk out is the only option.
  • Options

On the pitch if you want them out

I was thinking the same myself earlier on; perhaps a "relegation party" will be in order...
  • Options

The walk out will only work if a large proportion of people do it and sadly I doubt very much that will happen.
    I can't see our older supporters in the east or west stand bothering regardless of the score.
    They don't stand up when the chants start so I can't see them getting up and walking out.
    It's not what they do and because of that it will look like half the ground ( probably much more than half) don't agree with the protest.

@Bedsaddick out of interest when does someone become an 'older supporter'? I'm feeling bloody old lately and just wanted to check if it was because I am.
  • Options
    amazingly we have lost in by 3+ goals on nine occaisons in the league so far this season, next time (if/when) we go three down might be a good time to do it
  • Options

We can debate this forever and we'll never agree. I don't think anyone is right or wrong.

It's a similar scenario as when we went to Selhurst. I never missed a game and if it wasn't for fans like me, Charlton would likely have gone bust. But, having said that, if loads hadn't boycotted it, we'd probably still be there. So who was right ? The answer is we all were.

It's the same now, there really isn't a right or wrong, but you have to fully consider if it will work.

It won't work against Reading, as we've already sold 20,000, so you'll have at least 5,000 clueless or otherwise daytrippers, that won't walk out, plus at least half of clued up fans that won't.

So you'll possibly get about 2,000 walk from a 20,000 + crowd.

It could be an own goal. Katrien could be back to her, I told you it was only 2% or so. It's too big a risk, to fall flat imo. Stick to what you know you can deliver.

I would suggest that if you're happy to not watch the game (I have no problem with this and support you in doing so), then don't enter, but protest outside The West Stand all game & we'll join you at the end.

(I did favour the leave your seat for 10 min option & go to the concourse. However, many have said that this could be dangerous and with hindsight it could be. If people are trying to leave and re-enter at the same time, the concourses would be overcrowded. What happens if we are exiting and score ? Was it Glasgow Rangers, where fans were trampled to death in this sort of scenario ? )

Our ground is far safer than ibrox was that led to that disaster but take your point.
  • Options
    Would it not be sensible to do a 10 mins protest from 35 mins to half time?

I also agree this may be better kept for MK game when time and date will limit the number of day trippers.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Would it not be sensible to do a 10 mins protest from 35 mins to half time?

I also agree this may be better kept for MK game when time and date will limit the number of day trippers.

If we lose at home to MKD, then it really will be curtains.