Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's PNE match thread 23/2/16

Comments

• Options
    Henderson
    Teixeira Johnson Lennon
    Motta Solly Cousins Fox
    JBG Makienok Lookman

Is my guess
  • Options
    Bit surprised Young hasn't been given a chance as we seem to be employing attacking full backs and that is supposed to be his forte!

Line up doesn't surprise me at all as Riga hinted at it a week or so ago.

Hopefully it makes us hard to score against, but also gives us more of an attacking threat.

Try anything once!
  • Options
    Motta to play right wing I reckon. Or right side of a 3 man midfield. Either way team looks fucking shit.
  • Options
    Catenaccio. Going for the 0-0 draw.
  • Options
    We're obviously concerned over their strike force.
    They are averaging nearly a goal a game after all.
  • Options
    Throw squad names in a hat and pick out 11. Not looking forward to tonight.
  • Options
    Only thing that worries me tonight is Roger Johnson... He could be our weak link yet Riga has seen him in training we havent.
  • Options
    Can't wait til they play solly upfront
  • Options
    ----Tex--Johnson--Lennon---
    Motta--------------------------Fox
    -------------Solly------------------
    -----Cousins------Gudm----
    -------Lookie-----Mak-----
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its when they play him as a Target Man, thats when you want to be worried...

I wouldnt mind him up front as he seems to get into the box a lot more than most seem do at times
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

from twitter-:
    What the fuck is that? Absolute mess of a team. #cafc

From who on Twitter?
    @PL54 dont know mate just cut and pasted it, but loads are saying similar
    Sorry, I assumed it was someone of credibilty rather than any Herbert in Plumstead.
    Do not underestimate Herbert, he knows what he is talking about
  • Options

This is RD's way of punishing us....we are getting his retribution early....anyone know a 'hitman'?

If the hitman is as accurate as other attackers sourced from the "network" he had better take a skip load of ammo with him.
  • Options
    What line-up would make you confident?

Wait and see, perhaps we'll keep it tight early and then make attacking subs.

Solly in midfield is odd but our midfield is usually terrible anyway.
  • Options
    Fox as a wing-back is a pretty horrible decision. Not that we've got any better options though...
  • Options
    Halix said:

This is RD's way of punishing us....we are getting his retribution early....anyone know a 'hitman'?

If the hitman is as accurate as other attackers sourced from the "network" he had better take a skip load of ammo with him.
    He probably will not have fired a weapon for at least 6 months
  • Options
    Fox wing back hahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Henderson (West Ham)
    Teixeira (Standard Liege) ... Johnson (Birmingham City) ... Lennon
    Motta (Juventus) ... Fox
    Solly ... Gudmundsson (AZ) ... Cousins
    Makienok (Palermo) ... Lookman

Crazy when you look at the clubs these players have represented... that should be a damned good side!!
  • Options
    I figure it's a 3-5-2, Fox and Motta (or maybe Solly) as wingbacks. The shape doesn't bother me, we were beaten at the weekend when Fulham went 3-5-2 against our 4-4-1-1. I don't know that I'd be using Fox as a wingback, especially with Young on the bench--though I'm guessing he's not up to 90 minutes of being a wingback yet.

I personally don't mind Solly in central midfield, I think he has the characteristics to do a decent job in there. I have serious doubts about Ba's match fitness, given he was taken off after ~65 minutes when playing decent on Saturday, and doesn't start today, I'm wonerding if he's match fit.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I figure it's a 3-5-2, Fox and Motta (or maybe Solly) as wingbacks. The shape doesn't bother me, we were beaten at the weekend when Fulham went 3-5-2 against our 4-4-1-1. I don't know that I'd be using Fox as a wingback, especially with Young on the bench--though I'm guessing he's not up to 90 minutes of being a wingback yet.

I personally don't mind Solly in central midfield, I think he has the characteristics to do a decent job in there. I have serious doubts about Ba's match fitness, given he was taken off after ~65 minutes when playing decent on Saturday, and doesn't start today, I'm wonerding if he's match fit.

Probably isnt... Prior to the Blackburn (?) game when did Ba make an appearance? - Prior to Fulham when did Ba start a match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The worst game I saw Solly have was when he played in midfield in a pre season friendly in Spain, I hoped he would never play there again.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Come on you reds!! Let's aim for a 3-1 defeat.
  • Options

Thought he was gonna go in goal with Hendo on the left wing & Lookman as the towering centre half.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    In total shock at that team line-up. Even Karel couldn't have thought that one up.
  • Options
    We've got a natural left wing back in the South Korean fella and he's picked Morgan Fox over him.

What is life.
  • Options

Probably isnt... Prior to the Blackburn (?) game when did Ba make an appearance? - Prior to Fulham when did Ba start a match?

I was thinking that. Was it Bristol away where he started then was taken off at half time despite seemingly playing alright?
  • Options
    I expect even the Preston manager has taken a look at our lineup and thought, WTF ?

That is Riga's master plan.

Or not.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

I was thinking that. Was it Bristol away where he started then was taken off at half time despite seemingly playing alright?
    Nah I thought Cousins was the only Half-Time sub there because he fainted
  • Options
    From Louis Mendez-:
    I *think* its a 3-5-2 with Solly and Fox as wing backs, Motta in midfield. #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!