Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drinking at football

13»

Comments

• Options
    Can’t believe the negativity. I need to be absolutely hammered these days if I have to watch us play. 
  • Options
    Morboe said:
    The beers are shite at the valley, they should really look at partnering up with a local brewery. I always try and get a pint at half time but it's madness that you have to leave your seats 4 or 5 minutes early just to have a decent chance of getting one in cross bar. Then when you finally do get served there is security telling you it's time to finish up 🤷‍♂️
    This is a serious question & I'm not looking for a fight. 

Can you tell me why you need a pint at half time ?  Do you sit at home & open a beer during the adverts ?

I have to say I've never understood people popping into the corner shop, buying a can of beer and just walking down the road swigging it. Surely a bottle of water or a soft drink is more refreshing. 

Then again I never drink at home. A client always gives me a bottle of wine when I see him & currently I have 3 bottles sitting in my fridge from ones he's given me this year.
    I say I always like to get a pint but it's more of case of seeing family and friends at the valley whenever it's a home game and enjoying it, so it's special. It would be nice to not stress about buying and finishing a drink before the second half. 

• Options
    Morboe said:
    The beers are shite at the valley, they should really look at partnering up with a local brewery. I always try and get a pint at half time but it's madness that you have to leave your seats 4 or 5 minutes early just to have a decent chance of getting one in cross bar. Then when you finally do get served there is security telling you it's time to finish up 🤷‍♂️

Can you tell me why you need a pint at half time ?  Do you sit at home & open a beer during the adverts ?

I have to say I've never understood people popping into the corner shop, buying a can of beer and just walking down the road swigging it. Surely a bottle of water or a soft drink is more refreshing. 

Then again I never drink at home. A client always gives me a bottle of wine when I see him & currently I have 3 bottles sitting in my fridge from ones he's given me this year.
    Well, you say you don't understand why people might want a beer, but in an earlier post you seemed to be suggesting that anyone wanting to buy a beer at a football match was an alcoholic.

So what is it, you don't understand at all or you do understand and have judged everyone who likes a pint at football?
  • Options
    I’ve been watching rugby league for years.
    Never an issue taking beer in & it’s all very pleasant.
    You need a beer to get through rugby though. Tragically dull sport.
    Lol, calling rugby league dull when before the Gilliangham game we had managed 2 shots on target in our previous six games.

Rugby league is far more exciting than most football matches and you won’t see players diving, , screaming, wearing gloves or faking injuries.

Absolute rubbish. 

I always see players diving in rugby, sometimes when there is nobody around them and they get 4/5 points as a bloody reward for it. 
  • Options
    Union I agree, League different gravy, never a dull moment 😎
  • Options
    Nobody’s getting p*ssed in the Curbside at HT today.Just the one outlet open today. 
  • Options
    That's ridiculous, having that outlet closed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought there were two outlets open?

One down by Block F and then one down towards Blocks A and B

Not that I'm exusing them
  • Options
    All alcoholics. Clearly.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    All alcoholics. Clearly.
    Like ForeverAddicted seeing double!
  • Options
    Dunno what you mean Hal1x :D

• Options
    SX_Addick said:
    Nobody’s getting p*ssed in the Curbside at HT today.Just the one outlet open today. 
     Not enough customers to open more than one ore is Boris Johnson now running things and getting us used to Soviet style queues. 
    When I see lines like that I don't bother buying a beer. The margin they're making on their food / beer offering at those kiosks you would of thought it would pay to open them all.

You do make a valid point though. The line there pales into insignificance when compared to the line at my local Shell for a drop of petrol.

If CAFC are short of workers maybe they should listen to Tobias Ellwood MP and get some Afghan refugees out the local Best Western to come down and pour some pints. 
  • Options
    We had a team at the Valley.  Hardly a soul went!
    I got dragged there a couple of times by my dad and it was an awful experience. Incredibly dull and put me off rugby league for life. The northerners can keep it.
  • Options
    Morboe said:

Going to a football match is a bit different to say an advert break during coronation street. 
  • Options
    Their loss 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Don’t mind a drop of Rugby League. Adopted the Wire as my team as a mate is from Warrington. 

Have been to quite a few matches including Challenge Cup final and Grand Final and have always enjoyed it. 

It does make you laugh when you see the hits that these blokes take and just get up. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    se9addick said:
    I got dragged there a couple of times by my dad and it was an awful experience. Incredibly dull and put me off rugby league for life. The northerners can keep it.
    Agree - saw The Broncos at The Valley and it was a dull experience. Also went to England v New Zealand at The Olympic Stadium and that was equally dull. On a par with ice hockey if anyone has ever had the misfortune to witness that.

Rugby Union on the other hand is a great sport to watch.