Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boro (H) Mar 2016 Protest Watch From TV Perspective

Comments

• Options
    seth they did a good job loads and loads of times the protests were mentioned and its good to see an ex payer who really cares about the club in Scot Minto--top man. CP did his bit but i think he has one eye on not being to radical.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

seth plum said:

I am a huge critic of SKY, and was at the Valley today, and from reading this stuff here it looks like SKY did a great job, and were grown up enough to reflect the reality rather than trying to shape reality to suit their ends.
    Thank you SKY.

I honestly don't think Sky could have done much more to be honest Seth. They didn't shy away from the issues and with Chris & Minto on side it was fantastic for us.

Also not a fan of them btw but good coverage today.
    Agreed. With the exception of not mentioning those walking out were gathering outside I don't think we can have any complaints about the coverage. It was overwhelming positive really.
  • Options

seth they did a good job loads and loads of times the protests were mentioned and its good to see an ex payer who really cares about the club in Scot Minto--top man. CP did his bit but i think he has one eye on not being to radical.

GH, thought Powell was excellent in his backing for us at the start. Didn't think he left anyone in any doubt about the situation in a wonderfully diplomatic way.
  • Options
    Montage at end of programme showed as much of the protest as the game highlights. SkySports HQ already trailered a report with shots of the protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the goals and protests on SSN. Two good looking young lads whistling and throwing beach balls on the pitch. Must be their genes : - )

Lots of focus on the mock funeral too

Great pun in the commentary when after showing Pinnochios the voice over said "Charlton got their noses in front". I see what you did there.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am a huge critic of SKY, and was at the Valley today, and from reading this stuff here it looks like SKY did a great job, and were grown up enough to reflect the reality rather than trying to shape reality to suit their ends.
    Thank you SKY.

Agree with that, they reported things as they found them, and didn't seek to under or over exaggerate. Very professional broadcast.
  • Options
    Sky were first class, there was a genuine understanding and sympathy for the fans point of view.
  • Options
    great coverage on sky sports news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just watched the pre match interview with SCP and Holloway and then the 4 minutes at the start of the game. We really couldn't have asked them to do it any better.
    Well done everyone today. Seemed everybody was on their feet and chanting in those first few minutes in particular.
    Excellent work by CARD in organising today. Take a bow.
  • Options
    The club deliberately showed the anti pitch invasion message on the big screen over the 74 Minute mark.

We left west lower following the north upper lead.

Very good protests and also a good result.

Disappointing number of people in the ground for me. You have to be there to complain.
  • Options
    is there anybody who can put up the pre-match stuff with Minto, Holloway and Powell?
  • Options
    Anyway, when's the DVD of the match coming out?
  • Options
    Just watched the coverage. Sky Sports were first class from Minto, Powell, Holloway, Mann and Higginbottom. Excellent viewing
  • Options
    Yes, brilliant. The beach balls was a great success, with sky focussing on the banners as they were cleared. Went better than could be expected. Glad the pitch invasion didn't materialise. The point was made - the fans won today. More battles to come but what a day.
  • Options
    Richard Crawley put a video up of the walk out and I personally thought it was impressive.