Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boro (H) Mar 2016 Protest Watch From TV Perspective

Comments

• Options

Anyway, when's the DVD of the match coming out?

Oh those were the days!
  • Options

Oh those were the days!
    Anyone remember 'The Moving Magazine' on VHS of course.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited March 2016
    seth plum said:

is there anybody who can put up the pre-match stuff with Minto, Holloway and Powell?

Here you go

• Options
    Brilliant.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Seriously impressive numbers on the funeral parade...Proud of you lot and a wee bit emotional watching that.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    redman said:

just watched the pre match interview with SCP and Holloway and then the 4 minutes at the start of the game. We really couldn't have asked them to do it any better.
    Well done everyone today. Seemed everybody was on their feet and chanting in those first few minutes in particular.
    Excellent work by CARD in organising today. Take a bow.

The chanting sounded good for quite a lot of the match too; seemed to have taken on a renewed energy.

The club deliberately showed the anti pitch invasion message on the big screen over the 74 Minute mark.

We left west lower following the north upper lead.

Very good protests and also a good result.

Disappointing number of people in the ground for me. You have to be there to complain.

I appreciate your sentiment but the disappointing number of people in the ground is, in essence, a form of complaint itself.

A healthy club with happy fans doesn't look as bare as The Valley did today. Protests aside, I'm not sure what good an inflated attendance does - Sky or no Sky.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I think three factors affected the crowds, as some are put off by demonstrations and the threat of pitch invasions etc and parents may have decided not to take children, plus Sky and the general lack of optimism around the club.
  • Options
    Halix said:

I think three factors affected the crowds, as some are put off by demonstrations and the threat of pitch invasions etc and parents may have decided not to take children, plus Sky and the general lack of optimism around the club.

Also football is played at 3pm on Saturdays. People may well have other commitments on a Sunday irrespective of their views regarding the protests.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Just watching the game on sky as I got to the ground a bit late yesterday and have to say a brilliant effort from fans in those opening minutes, the beach balls were a great way to disrupt things in a positive way.
    Great coverage too of the funeral procession and really good comments from Holloway SCP and Scott Minto.
    Really impressed with all that.
    Really embarrassing for the club management.
  • Options
    Although they only showed a few people actually leaving in the 74th minute, when they panned out and you briefly saw the upper north it looked like a decent number of people had departed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching it back on TV it is noticeable that despite winning and scoring, there is not a single Charlton song heard from the 74th minute until the 89th minute, when the drummer started up and you can hear a faint Addy Addy Addy O
  • Options
    Hex said:

Although they only showed a few people actually leaving in the 74th minute, when they panned out and you briefly saw the upper north it looked like a decent number of people had departed.

What you saw was an unfortunate misrepresentation.

As the walkout commenced Fox was fouled and their player booked. The replays and subsequent comments occured whilst most people were walking out. They then, belatedly, panned to the last dregs of those walking out making it look, to the TV audience, as if only a few left. The reality was different.
    That's more or less what I guessed had happened Hex.
  • Options
    Looked like an impressive number left when panned along the North stand...maybe didnt see them leaving but the Charlton stands looked really empty by the end of the game and doubt we had more than 2-3000 Charlton left in the ground by then.
  • Options
    The CAFC Choice TV videos on Facebook highlight the amount that did walk out. The Sky TV pictures didn't represent it at all.
  • Options
    The best example are the news shoppers before and after pictures of the north stand.
  • Options
    People have said KM was shown smirking. That looked more like a grimace.
  • Options

They were still waiting for their half-time pints on the NU concourse
  • Options
    The ground was fairly empty to start with. Around 20 people near where I sit who go most games weren't at yesterday's match.
    There were 500+ protesting outside when Harriot scored, so a good % of those that attended.
  • Options
    Had a random non-footy bloke stop me in the street this morning (saw CAFC logo on my jacket) to ask about the protests after seeing media coverage.

The word is spreading !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

One of our more, er, "unusual" "fans" has said (elsewhere) that he hopes Sky give the club their footage of the protests so that everyone throwing a beach ball or blowing a whistle gets banned.

I mean, seriously, what is wrong with some people? We certainly do have some absolute bells amongst us.

Wrong in so many ways ...what an obnoxious twat
  • Options
    Off_it said:

One of our more, er, "unusual" "fans" has said (elsewhere) that he hopes Sky give the club their footage of the protests so that everyone throwing a beach ball or blowing a whistle gets banned.

I mean, seriously, what is wrong with some people? We certainly do have some absolute bells amongst us.

Why didn't they ring them?
  • Options

Can't see us feeling all 4 tiers in the third division.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Off_it said:

Wrong in so many ways ...what an obnoxious twat
    I know I can be some times, but that comment's a bit harsh for that post isn't it?
  • Options

Bloody hell the covered end has gained a 4th tier. Must mean the demand from customers is there after all.

Who said Target 20k wouldn't work at the moment?

Another success for KM to announce to Our Dear Leader.
  • Options

Oh those were the days!
    Yeah, who does DVD's anymore.....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    IA said:

seth plum said:

is there anybody who can put up the pre-match stuff with Minto, Holloway and Powell?

Here you go

When Chris is talking in this video you can see @The_President and hear me in the background lol

Anyone got the footage before this? A mate of mine posted a pic of me on sky sports on Facebook apparently. But I don't have Facebook :(

Apparently I was caught on camera standing right at the window behind Powell?

Me and the pres would be very greatfull!