Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Club Chairman

Comments

• Options
    I suspect you will find that the £3.5m is just the tip of the iceberg that he has already lost and stands to lose - anyway I am retiring from this battering now - let us hope that Bowyer signs a new contract and we finally we get new owners soon and we can all be happy together 🙏
    He’s owed £2.6m, not £3.5m.
  • Options
    Not sure about this talk of trolling.

I actually think he has completely got away with it in all honesty - he has had to answer for not nearly enough. 

"Doesn't deserve this" ... you're right, he deserves a hell of a lot more.
    Spot on, added to the fact that it's a total lie that he sticks around to protect his money, it's totally unnecessary and something that's put out by his spin machine, just like the idea of him being a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    What Murray has done in the past deserves a lot of credit I agree in recent years not so much but I have no doubt he is a real Charlton supporter and certainly doesn’t deserve this abuse and trolling 
    Trolling ? Do actually know what that means ? Nobody is trolling they are venting their anger at a man who has sat back and systemically watched our club get shafted and done absolutely nothing about it . If he was a real fan he would have spoken out or walked away many years ago .
    Put yourself in his shoes for a minute - imagine someone else has just sold a business that you used to own but still owed you £3.5m - would you want to keep on the right side of the new owner to try and recoup some of that ? - try to answer that question honestly 
    Duchatelet/new owner owe him no matter what.

• Options
    I suspect you will find that the £3.5m is just the tip of the iceberg that he has already lost and stands to lose - anyway I am retiring from this battering now - let us hope that Bowyer signs a new contract and we finally we get new owners soon and we can all be happy together 🙏
    You either do not want to listen, or you are a wum.
  • Options
    Mr Murray when RD took control you said something along the lines of you would be the conduit between him and the fans. I know past statements you have made have not helped matters, as your hopes never materialised.

However, isn't it reasonable to hear a statement from yourself regarding Lee Bowyer and the sale of the club ?
    I’m not sure he posts on here.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Mr Murray when RD took control you said something along the lines of you would be the conduit between him and the fans. I know past statements you have made have not helped matters, as your hopes never materialised.

However, isn't it reasonable to hear a statement from yourself regarding Lee Bowyer and the sale of the club ?

Thread titled "Richard Murrary club chairman"

With 20k views.

"It's just a message board thing"

I'm 99% certain he will be scrolling the thread. It's not hard to find.

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:

With 20k views.

And if he doesn't others close to him will.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    What upsets me a bit is the bloke was a genuine hero who made some terrific decisions which played a major part in a sustained period of Charlton being one of the top teams in the country. Then mistake followed mistake, but it isn't easy when you drop out of the Premier League and don't go straight back up as many other teams have proven.

You can understand the optimism of having a genuinely rich owner take over and an acceptance that you should try to adapt to his strange ways. But surely along the line it must have dawned on him that Duchatelet was a disaster and not the full ticket. His inability to come out and admit it, basically admit he was wrong, is damning. Everybody is entitled to make mistakes, but Murray is clearly the sort of person who is happy to take the plaudits but incapable of owning up to his. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    And so the takeover regurgitation loop is now nearly complete - just waiting for the mystery mega rich Arab stories to appear 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    And so the takeover regurgitation loop is now nearly complete - just waiting for the mystery mega rich Arab stories to appear 
    Don't forget the move to the peninsula.
  • Options
    Not sure about this talk of trolling.

I actually think he has completely got away with it in all honesty - he has had to answer for not nearly enough. 

"Doesn't deserve this" ... you're right, he deserves a hell of a lot more.
    Spot on, added to the fact that it's a total lie that he sticks around to protect his money, it's totally unnecessary and something that's put out by his spin machine, just like the idea of him being a Charlton fan.

He has spent countless years following us up and down the country, I think we can give him ‘Charlton fan’ status. I don't know why he has not spoken out more widely or why he has pretty much now gone to ground. I would not want him part of a future set up but have no personal axe to grind.
  • Options
    He could easily have walked away. His money is secure. He could have spoken out and been a hero. Now he’s a zero. He’s got away lightly in my opinion. Used to have a lot of time for Richard. Not now. Hope he slinks off with Roland never to darken The Valley again.
    Agree. The man is a weasel. 
  • Options
    1905 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Nice of you lot to be judge and jury as to what RM should have said and done, but we have no idea what he has been saying or doing to mitigate the Rolly factors. If he were to say this I suspect that most of you would a) not believe it, b) suggest that he would say that, c) say that he should have walked away, d) that it only did it to keep a place at the table, and e) he was wrong and should have spoken out.

No doubt that there will now be someone who is ‘really in the know’ who will be pointing out some facts but be a bit short on any actual evidence. Before I decide on guilt I would like to hear the defence.

I also note that Bowyer seems to appreciate his advice, and others have been equally appreciative, which to me suggests that there is another side to this story.

For me, there is only one person who has proven without doubt that he has acted against the best interests of our club. Roland.
    In the absence of any defence, I am quite happy to hang him on all the evidence that we do have .....
    Here say is not admissible🤫
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Redrobo said:
    1905 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Nice of you lot to be judge and jury as to what RM should have said and done, but we have no idea what he has been saying or doing to mitigate the Rolly factors. If he were to say this I suspect that most of you would a) not believe it, b) suggest that he would say that, c) say that he should have walked away, d) that it only did it to keep a place at the table, and e) he was wrong and should have spoken out.

No doubt that there will now be someone who is ‘really in the know’ who will be pointing out some facts but be a bit short on any actual evidence. Before I decide on guilt I would like to hear the defence.

I also note that Bowyer seems to appreciate his advice, and others have been equally appreciative, which to me suggests that there is another side to this story.

For me, there is only one person who has proven without doubt that he has acted against the best interests of our club. Roland.
    In the absence of any defence, I am quite happy to hang him on all the evidence that we do have .....
    Here say is not admissible🤫

if the defendant can’t be bothered to defend himself then I will go with what I have got. Perhaps he is too busy on his knees in front of Rolly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The man creates stories that are full of half truths and the partial facts , he then turns them in to snippets of info fed from the club as whole truths 

look at the directors story last week 

made it seem that talks had taken place with directors and 4 were satisfied and 3 had not 

total bullshit 

because someone had contacted the directors and asked if they were willing to discuss and possibly make a deal 

he then puts out the spin that 4 have agreed 

now multiply this by every shred of nonsensical rubbish he has released over the past decades 

the man peddles shite and some still lap it up due to his past involvement with success 

That was Roland.
  • Options
    I heard a rumour, roughly 18 months ago....from someone who was, funnily enough, a Reading fan.

He said Roland was going to buy them but Murrary intervened and steered the ship in our direction.

Murrary, effectively.....was actually what brought Roland into Charlton.

But, like I say ...this is hearsay and I have nothing to prove it.

Do I believe it to be true?

Personally, I do. Yes.  
  • Options
    The man creates stories that are full of half truths and the partial facts , he then turns them in to snippets of info fed from the club as whole truths 

look at the directors story last week 

made it seem that talks had taken place with directors and 4 were satisfied and 3 had not 

total bullshit 

because someone had contacted the directors and asked if they were willing to discuss and possibly make a deal 

he then puts out the spin that 4 have agreed 

now multiply this by every shred of nonsensical rubbish he has released over the past decades 

the man peddles shite and some still lap it up due to his past involvement with success 

Should have become a politician.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

He reads CL, he doesn't need to post.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:

With 20k views.

Maybe he will, but I don’t understand the point of asking him a question. Do you expect him to sign up for an account and reply??
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:

With 20k views.

Maybe he will, but I don’t understand the point of asking him a question. Do you expect him to sign up for an account and reply??
    I thought he was on here as Redrobo.