Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

just received POTY email

This season’s Player of the Year dinner will take place in the Crossbars Lounge, located in the North Stand on Sunday May 1st. Doors will open at 6pm with a two course meal served from 7pm once the players and management team are seated. The bar will open from 6pm until late.

After the meal and raffle, the results of the voting will be announced and the relevant presentations made, followed by ample opportunities for photos with the players.

Tickets are now on sale priced at £37 pp and can be purchased through the Ticket Office, in person or by calling 03330 144444. One carer per disabled guest may pay £18. Tickets are limited to a maximum of 10 per person with dress code, smart casual.

This is a supporter’s event organised by the fans, for the fans. All proceeds will be deposited in the Fans’ Forum account from which donations have been made in the past to the Charlton Museum and related causes.

Questions

Aside from the lack of candidates I have two questions. Does " All proceeds will be deposited in the Fans’ Forum" mean all the ticket money or the profit on the night?

Second question would CARD qualify as a related cause?

One final question whatever the answer to question one is there anyone left on the staff to count the profit /proceeds and pay it out

Comments

• Options
    "All proceeds" ? So there's a profit being made on the £37 ?

All seems odd. Why do the fans forum have a bank account ? Who decides what that money's spent on ? If it's the FF committee then I absolutely agree that money should immediately be handed over to CARD.
  • Options
    You'd have to pay me to go to this one!! "Player of the Year?" Someone's 'avin a larf!
  • Options
    addick05 said:

You'd have to pay me to go to this one!! "Player of the Year?" Someone's 'avin a larf!

It will go to whoever is still employed by the club come the evening. Could be a short list.
  • Options
    Just got the same email. I'd block the email address but aren't smart enough to know how to unblock it...and it can't be long now, can it???
  • Options
    Can we vote for the whistler in the crowd? They had more impact on the game on Sunday than most players have over the season
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    B Ball gets my vote.

others will say it's only played one game but there will be others i'm sure.

had a very influential effect on Sunday's game and drew some of the biggest cheers from the customers i've heard at The Duchatelet Arena all season.

a lot more to come from the black & white legend.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

All seems odd. Why do the fans forum have a bank account ? Who decides what that money's spent on ? If it's the FF committee then I absolutely agree that money should immediately be handed over to CARD.

Yes, they have their own bank accoun (why wouldn't they?) and it's the Fans Forum who decide where it's spent, not the club.
  • Options
    who comprises the Fans Forum
  • Options
    thanks Henry, knew you would answer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Yes, they have their own bank accoun (why wouldn't they?) and it's the Fans Forum who decide where it's spent, not the club.
    Why WOULD they have a bank account?

I thought it was just a collection of people - a forum - and didn't realise there was money coming in and going out that necessitated a bank account. Also, I didnt think the fans forum was an entity as such, ie not legally constituted, etc, so if there is a bank account then who's name is on it?

Maybe ive just got it all wrong and maybe someone can put me right.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

se9addick said:

I thought it was just a collection of people - a forum - and didn't realise there was money coming in and going out that necessitated a bank account. Also, I didnt think the fans forum was an entity as such, ie not legally constituted, etc, so if there is a bank account then who's name is on it?

Yep that was my understanding but @Henry Irving will have a better understanding, if they genuinely get to decide how the money is spent then it would make sense for people who are represented by one or more of the FF reps to make it know to their rep(s) that they would like any in allocated funds to be passed to CARD.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

se9addick said:

I have never been to one of these and have no intention of starting but I would assume they would need a bank account to:

A/ Enable people to pay for tickets straight into the account or via paypal.

B/ Pay suppliers who are providing for the event.

I would be surprised if something like this could be put on based purely on cash coming in and cash going out?
  • Options

Off_it said:

se9addick said:

I have never been to one of these and have no intention of starting but I would assume they would need a bank account to:

A/ Enable people to pay for tickets straight into the account or via paypal.

B/ Pay suppliers who are providing for the event.

I would be surprised if something like this could be put on based purely on cash coming in and cash going out?
    I was talking about the fans forum Mike. Unless you're saying its them that organise the player of the year do, in which case it does make sense for them to have a bank account.

If they don't then I still don't understand what money they have coming in and going out to necessitate a bank account.
  • Options
    Well said.
  • Options
    Yes, well said. I'll be there. It's so important to keep this going after KM tried to take it from us (the fans).
  • Options
    In years gone by they are good nights. I have a question should we boycott the vote completely or vote for a player like Tony Watt to make it a farces

Sorry if it sound like I'm spoiling your night
  • Options
    Everyone should make their own choice on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

who comprises the Fans Forum

http://www.cafc.co.uk/fans/fans_forum/
    Are orange wigs compulsory for all forum members?
  • Options
    I wonder how many players will show up? I assume the players will be paying £37 for the meal.
  • Options
    Well said Killerjerrylee
  • Options
    Harriott POTY for me He's done more in the last few weeks than the rest have all season.
  • Options
    Jose Riga, the management team and virtually all the first team squad will be there. They pay for their own tickets !!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    No one is actually going to this are they?

It's an utter disgrace to anyone whose supported this club over the years...
  • Options

Did you read Killerjerrylee's post?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    If your going for a genuine serious POTY.

I would guess (as I haven't been the valley much at all this season only the 1st few months) that cousins maybe the least dreadful of a bad bunch, but that doesn't warrant player of the year at all...and in-fact is probably an insult to the player in question. It's too depressing to even acknowledge.

I think the POTY should be relegated to who has been the best player in the under 21s. Only then, it is genuine and fair.
  • Options

Did you read Killerjerrylee's post?
    I read Killerjerrylee's post, but it doesn't mean I, or anyone else has to agree.

I do fully understand this is NOT a club event, and as i've always said, I respect anyone trying to arrange events like this or protests etc. even if I don't personally agree with them, so my comments are never personal (or at least I try not to make them personal).....

My issue with this event is this.....the vast majority of us all agree the club is in the wrong hands. Their utter incompetency has really ruined most of the fans enjoyment of this season and risks the very future of the club.

But the players have also got to take some responsibility. Week after week they have simply failed to perform and are in part, to blame for the position we find ourselves in now. I'm not just talking about ability either. Some just look like they cannot be bothered to be playing for the club.

To hold an event where these players are being considered for an award which is traditionally the fan's way of recognising their efforts and contribution to the season, simply sends out the wrong message; failure to perform is perfectly acceptable to the fans.

Perhaps it's the actual award that needs to be changed this year to reflect the season - recognised contribution award or fan's favourite award. Personally, I dont feel any player has done enough to earn the accolade of being named player of the year, either because they simple haven't been good enough, or haven't played enough games to warrant that title.

However, if fans want to recognise a player(s) for something they have done on or off the field then I understand that. Henderson, Jackson, Harriot etc. Some of which may not be for their football this seasons....

What I think would be a shame is to award it to someone who either no longer plays for the club or we know will leave the club. It will just make a make the whole process seem like a bit of a joke which I dont agree with.