Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

just received POTY email

13»

Comments

• Options
    I hope everyone takes their Pinocchio masks and puts them on at an appropriate time :smile:
  • Options

Jose Riga, the management team and virtually all the first team squad will be there. They pay for their own tickets !!

That's 40 tickets sold then : - )

Really think people need to distinguish between fan events like this and club run events/promotions.

The former we should support because their success is sticking two fingers up to Meire and Cahones who think we're all idiots who can't organise anything when the reality is Ian and Jean do a better job and have proved that over the last five years, than KM and her half baked thinking could ever do.

Club events, yeah boycott and ignore but POTY isn't one of them.

Money raised doesn't go to the club but to fan causes.
    So we can take it you'll be attending.

• Options
    Redskin said:

Jose Riga, the management team and virtually all the first team squad will be there. They pay for their own tickets !!

Really think people need to distinguish between fan events like this and club run events/promotions.

The former we should support because their success is sticking two fingers up to Meire and Cahones who think we're all idiots who can't organise anything when the reality is Ian and Jean do a better job and have proved that over the last five years, than KM and her half baked thinking could ever do.

Why would you think that?

I haven't been to one of these for decades. Not my thing but lots of people do enjoy these evenings and for all the reasons Killerjerrylee gave I hope it is a success.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

No one is actually going to this are they?

It's an utter disgrace to anyone whose supported this club over the years...

Well, I've supported the club for 46 years today! I'm going, and am going to really enjoy it. Also, to answer another point, all those who voted for Poyet knowing he could well leave didn't find the event a disgrace, so why is the event a disgrace this year? Fans should be supporting FF and KJL for all the work they do, more over the years than possibly the rest of us put together.
    The club is absolute turmoil and is on a sharp decline. In my opinion going along and "really enjoying it" I find a little tasteless.

My football club is in one of the worst positions it's ever been in, their is absolutely nothing to enjoy.

At least KM will be their to enjoy it with.
    Meire should do the decent thing and not attend.
    Since when has she ever done the decent thing. She's find it funny to turn up knowing it would piss people off. Bet if she does she is flanked by human shields.
    True.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Redskin said:

I haven't been to one of these for decades. Not my thing but lots of people do enjoy these evenings and for all the reasons Killerjerrylee gave I hope it is a success.
    Because I read your post encouraging people to attend.

Not that you had any intention of doing so yourself...
  • Options
    Maybe this should go on the, "Things that confuse you" thread. But when did we become "Fans and Supporters" again

ozaddick said:

If I was in the UK I'd attend.

Firstly because it's run by fans for fans, and any 'chink' in the armour with this event would possibly play into the hands of the club hierarchy, and empower them to attempt to take this event off of us, as they have done previously.
    The audacity that they have to attempt this previously just smacks of ' the fans don't know what they are doing'.

Secondly, we ( those that attend) may get more of an insight of players views and opinions on the club management and firm views from inside the regime that may be useful to CARD to apply further pressure on the club, call it a reconnaissance mission if you will.
    I'd certainly be asking questions to players, and although you'd think they'd toe the company line, we may get an insight on any 'misgivings' they have for KM and RD, and the way the club is run. They've got to be sick to the back teeth of our 'manager' hiring process at least!

And thirdly, and most importantly to me. Id get to hug and a peck on the cheek from the beautiful @Fanny Fanackapan again!

Oh, Christian !

I really wish you could join us on May 1st too ( for all those reasons you stated )

.......*flounces out of the room*...........
    "I thought I was the one FF"
    ................*sobs uncontrollably*.........
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

I see what you did there.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I'm assuming that no black and white scarf wearers who are attending will spend any money whatsoever on the night. I mean, after all, that would be extremely hypocritical.

Do the club get the money or Delaware?
    Well?
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Did I encourage people to attend? No. I said we should support it, not the same thing at all.

One way to support it would be to attend, others would be to publicise it, explain why it is important to retain it and how it is not run by the club.

• Options

Well, I've supported the club for 46 years today! I'm going, and am going to really enjoy it. Also, to answer another point, all those who voted for Poyet knowing he could well leave didn't find the event a disgrace, so why is the event a disgrace this year? Fans should be supporting FF and KJL for all the work they do, more over the years than possibly the rest of us put together.
    The club is absolute turmoil and is on a sharp decline. In my opinion going along and "really enjoying it" I find a little tasteless.

My football club is in one of the worst positions it's ever been in, their is absolutely nothing to enjoy.

It's my club too and don't see why I'm not allowed to go and enjoy a social event that is organised by friends of mine? I would doubt KM will be there, and if she is will ignore her, as she is nothing to do with me, and will treat her with the contempt she shows me and others. I intend to enjoy the event as believe it's important to the future of our club, and do not want KM to think she's won and we fans can't enjoy our own event. Sorry I don't have your permission, but was not aware I needed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's my club too and don't see why I'm not allowed to go and enjoy a social event that is organised by friends of mine? I would doubt KM will be there, and if she is will ignore her, as she is nothing to do with me, and will treat her with the contempt she shows me and others. I intend to enjoy the event as believe it's important to the future of our club, and do not want KM to think she's won and we fans can't enjoy our own event. Sorry I don't have your permission, but was not aware I needed it.
    Meire is an ignorant woman.

I believe she will attend the POTY evening, although hopefully she will be told in no uncertain terms what people think of her.
  • Options

I believe she will attend the POTY evening, although hopefully she will be told in no uncertain terms what people think of her.
    It is almost worth buying a ticket just to get access to her so that she is in no doubt.
  • Options

Will be worth going just to find out. I would have to resign if I was her, thankfully I'm not.
  • Options
    Is there any chance that Delaware North could describe, in detail with all ingredients listed, their proposed menu? Perhaps with photographs of similar food they have served up recently?
    Such an action might inform people wondering whether to attend or not.