Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

just received POTY email

Comments

• Options
    The only reason that this has any possibility whatsoever of occurring this year will be purely down to the popularity / respect for the two people tasked with organizing it. I feel for them badly, but I cannot expect anyone who doesn't know them to have any real inclination to attend this.

I hope I'm wrong but I really would not be surprised with a number of no shows on the playing front this year. No faith at all in the likes of Reza's turning up...
  • Options
    You can still vote on who the best player was, even if they were shit overall.

best is best - it is not Premier League Standard Performer of the year
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    MrOneLung said:

You can still vote on who the best player was, even if they were shit overall.

best is best - it is not Premier League Standard Performer of the year

I know what you're saying but it feels a bit 'least worst' rather than best this year!
  • Options

No one is actually going to this are they?

It's an utter disgrace to anyone whose supported this club over the years...

Well, I've supported the club for 46 years today! I'm going, and am going to really enjoy it. Also, to answer another point, all those who voted for Poyet knowing he could well leave didn't find the event a disgrace, so why is the event a disgrace this year? Fans should be supporting FF and KJL for all the work they do, more over the years than possibly the rest of us put together.
  • Options

Well, I've supported the club for 46 years today! I'm going, and am going to really enjoy it. Also, to answer another point, all those who voted for Poyet knowing he could well leave didn't find the event a disgrace, so why is the event a disgrace this year? Fans should be supporting FF and KJL for all the work they do, more over the years than possibly the rest of us put together.
    The club is absolute turmoil and is on a sharp decline. In my opinion going along and "really enjoying it" I find a little tasteless.

My football club is in one of the worst positions it's ever been in, their is absolutely nothing to enjoy.

At least KM will be their to enjoy it with.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for this event?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Taking a wild stab in the dark, how about asking Fanny?
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Taking a wild stab in the dark, how about asking Fanny?
    I think Fanny helps with the organising, and I believe that the ticket office sell the tickets (When open)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The only reason that this has any possibility whatsoever of occurring this year will be purely down to the popularity / respect for the two people tasked with organizing it. I feel for them badly, but I cannot expect anyone who doesn't know them to have any real inclination to attend this.

I hope I'm wrong but I really would not be surprised with a number of no shows on the playing front this year. No faith at all in the likes of Reza's turning up...

Reza doesn't turn up on a match day, no chance of him showing up for this.
  • Options

The club is absolute turmoil and is on a sharp decline. In my opinion going along and "really enjoying it" I find a little tasteless.

My football club is in one of the worst positions it's ever been in, their is absolutely nothing to enjoy.

To be fair I can't see any reason as to why someone cane enjoy a social event.

Do you mope around in a state of depression all day long? Do you enjoy anything in your life, at all, when the football is going badly? Maybe you see friends to cheer you up, maybe you play video games, if someone wants to go to a football related event and have something to eat and a few drinks then I think it's harsh to call that tasteless. It's not as though he's going to KM's wedding armed with gifts is it?

None of the money made is being given to the club or its staff, none of it has been organised by KM or her team. Why is this so different from you going to the pub with friends that are Charlton fans for a few beers?

Have a good time Hants.
    I can't help wondering if you've joined the troll brigade of late.

You're posts are becoming more frequently weird.

You think a night out in the company of one of the two most hated "officials" in Charlton's history, is little different from going to the pub with your mates ?

You must really hate your mates.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Does the fact it is held in Crossbars go against the boycott of financially supporting the Regime?
  • Options

Does the fact it is held in Crossbars go against the boycott of financially supporting the Regime?

Just all have a dry night
  • Options
    Diarra has been our best player this year - when he got injured the wheel really came off - cousins second for his effort
  • Options

To be fair I can't see any reason as to why someone cane enjoy a social event.

Do you mope around in a state of depression all day long? Do you enjoy anything in your life, at all, when the football is going badly? Maybe you see friends to cheer you up, maybe you play video games, if someone wants to go to a football related event and have something to eat and a few drinks then I think it's harsh to call that tasteless. It's not as though he's going to KM's wedding armed with gifts is it?

None of the money made is being given to the club or its staff, none of it has been organised by KM or her team. Why is this so different from you going to the pub with friends that are Charlton fans for a few beers?

Have a good time Hants.
    I can't help wondering if you've joined the troll brigade of late.

You're posts are becoming more frequently weird.

You think a night out in the company of one of the two most hated "officials" in Charlton's history, is little different from going to the pub with your mates ?

You must really hate your mates.
    Not at all.

Just because she's there (assuming she doesn't bottle it) doesn't mean you have to spend any time with her. I was assuming that he was going with some friends.

I'd enjoy myself almost anywhere I went with friends - especially if there is alcohol available.
  • Options
    I'm assuming that no black and white scarf wearers who are attending will spend any money whatsoever on the night. I mean, after all, that would be extremely hypocritical.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    If I was in the UK I'd attend.

Firstly because it's run by fans for fans, and any 'chink' in the armour with this event would possibly play into the hands of the club hierarchy, and empower them to attempt to take this event off of us, as they have done previously.
    The audacity that they have to attempt this previously just smacks of ' the fans don't know what they are doing'.

Secondly, we ( those that attend) may get more of an insight of players views and opinions on the club management and firm views from inside the regime that may be useful to CARD to apply further pressure on the club, call it a reconnaissance mission if you will.
    I'd certainly be asking questions to players, and although you'd think they'd toe the company line, we may get an insight on any 'misgivings' they have for KM and RD, and the way the club is run. They've got to be sick to the back teeth of our 'manager' hiring process at least!

And thirdly, and most importantly to me. I'd get a hug and a peck on the cheek from the beautiful @Fanny Fanackapan again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozaddick said:

Firstly because it's run by fans for fans, and any 'chink' in the armour with this event would possibly play into the hands of the club hierarchy, and empower them to attempt to take this event off of us, as they have done previously.
    The audacity that they have to attempt this previously just smacks of ' the fans don't know what they are doing'.

Secondly, we ( those that attend) may get more of an insight of players views and opinions on the club management and firm views from inside the regime that may be useful to CARD to apply further pressure on the club, call it a reconnaissance mission if you will.
    I'd certainly be asking questions to players, and although you'd think they'd toe the company line, we may get an insight on any 'misgivings' they have for KM and RD, and the way the club is run. They've got to be sick to the back teeth of our 'manager' hiring process at least!

And thirdly, and most importantly to me. Id get to hug and a peck on the cheek from the beautiful @Fanny Fanackapan again!

Oh, Christian !

I really wish you could join us on May 1st too ( for all those reasons you stated )

Thanks so much for being an ambassador for the event even though you're many miles away & I fervently hope that what you have posted regarding gauging players' thoughts of the current situation makes some Lifers think again about their stance.

And who knows whether KM will have the b*lls to attend anyway....

(BTW As of today I'm yet another year older since that evening with SCP at Dartford FC ...and the polyfilla is ordered in bucket loads these days!)

• Options

I'm assuming that no black and white scarf wearers who are attending will spend any money whatsoever on the night. I mean, after all, that would be extremely hypocritical.

Do the club get the money or Delaware?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

ozaddick said:

And thirdly, and most importantly to me. Id get to hug and a peck on the cheek from the beautiful @Fanny Fanackapan again!

Oh, Christian !

I really wish you could join us on May 1st too ( for all those reasons you stated )

Thanks so much for being an ambassador for the event even though you're many miles away & I fervently hope that what you have posted regarding gauging players' thoughts of the current situation makes some Lifers think again about their stance.

And who knows whether KM will have the b*lls to attend anyway....

(BTW As of today I'm yet another year older since that evening with SCP at Dartford FC ...and the polyfilla is ordered in bucket loads these days!)

Happy birthday to you Jean! ( I think I've read that correctly), and you've no need for the polyfilla! Your light shines more brightly with each passing year! :smiley:

I hope the evening is well attended, it's important to retain this event in its current format, this season may be one of dire results and performances, but losing the evening all together will be a case of us fans losing our noses to spite our faces, in years to come.
  • Options
    They're all useless.

I'm voting for Roger Johnson.
  • Options

Meire should do the decent thing and not attend.
  • Options
    Surely the event would only be "lost" if the current clown ownership is still in place , which would likely mean another chuff season and an even more poorly attended club event
    Any decent new owner would want to keep the fans on side and offer the event back to the current organisers
    Can see both points of view but this collection of players is the least loved by me in my 40 years of following
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Also, I think the fans forum should request that KM not attend. For her own safety and the very possible poisoned reaction from supporters if she were to be in the room. It would tarnish the night.

I just liked this but I think, on reflection, that she shouldn't be told that it's for her safety but because those paying would enjoy the event more if she were not there.

I also have a sneaky feeling that she will no longer be our CEO by the dinner!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Surely the event would only be "lost" if the current clown ownership is still in place , which would likely mean another chuff season and an even more poorly attended club event
    Any decent new owner would want to keep the fans on side and offer the event back to the current organisers
    Can see both points of view but this collection of players is the least loved by me in my 40 years of following

This is weird as I feel the same but JJ, Solly and Cousins are probably three of my favourite players of all time. The latter two due to coming through the youth set up and Cousins because he was my son's first favourite player. Henderson endeared himself to me after his post match interview too. I'm not sure any of these four are genuine candidates for the PoTY though, but then I'm not sure who is.

The rest, however, will probably not live long in the memory once they have departed.
  • Options

This is weird as I feel the same but JJ, Solly and Cousins are probably three of my favourite players of all time. The latter two due to coming through the youth set up and Cousins because he was my son's first favourite player. Henderson endeared himself to me after his post match interview too. I'm not sure any of these four are genuine candidates for the PoTY though, but then I'm not sure who is.

The rest, however, will probably not live long in the memory once they have departed.
    Don't know about that I reckon Ba might turn up in a few nightmares in the years to come
  • Options

Meire should do the decent thing and not attend.
    Since when has she ever done the decent thing. She's find it funny to turn up knowing it would piss people off. Bet if she does she is flanked by human shields.