Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Privately-educated Premiership footballers

Comments

• Options

Pmsl

*PMSL
  • Options
    edited March 2016

.....'Toffs' in music, not sport

You've really got a thing about the middle - classes haven't you?

• Options
    Redskin said:

Shame he is such an apologist for them as politicians!

• Options
    Did Shay Given go to a private school?
  • Options
    Redskin said:

I love toffs and the aristocracy! Middle class people get my goat, specially when they pretend to like football
  • Options
    Paul Gascoigne
  • Options

Redskin said:

I love toffs and the aristocracy! Middle class people get my goat, specially when they pretend to like football
    Only because you're a member of the French aristocracy.
    I bet over there you're not Rob, but Robearrrrrr

• Options
    Jem Karacan Of Reading went to Colfes
  • Options
    Norwich city currently send a fair few of their academy boys to a big posh boarding school. Darren Eadie coaches school teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jem Karacan Of Reading went to Colfes

That's a good find! Except that I think he went to Riverston (still a fee-paying school) and not Colfes. Either way, we can add him to the (tiny) list.

• Options

Paul Gascoigne

No
  • Options

Jonjo Shelvey went to Brentwood school.

Matt Holland sounds posh, he was probably privately educated.

I don't think Brentwood County High School is a fee-paying, "Public School".

I don't know which school Matt Holland went to, but it seems like a potential successful "spot"!
  • Options
    Le Saux ?
  • Options

Le Saux ?

Could be! However, he certainly belongs in what is probably an even-smaller category: footballers who got degrees before turning pro.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I don't know which school Matt Holland went to, but it seems like a potential successful "spot"!
    I think it's mixed between fee paying (including boarding) and a grammer school. At least it was when my dad went there (with a load of MPs and Noel Edmonds)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

I think it's mixed between fee paying (including boarding) and a grammer school. At least it was when my dad went there (with a load of MPs and Noel Edmonds)
    I think your Dad and Noel went to Brentwood School. And Jonjo went to Brentwood High School.
  • Options
    What about Bamford. I saw an interview with him on football focus. Seemed pretty well educated/spoken. Does anyone have any info on Bamford
  • Options
    Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

I think your Dad and Noel went to Brentwood School. And Jonjo went to Brentwood High School.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see. Before you think I'm all hoity toity and was letting you all know what great company I keep, my mum's a northener
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see. Before you think I'm all hoity toity and was letting you all know what great company I keep, my mum's a northener
    Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

What about Bamford. I saw an interview with him on football focus. Seemed pretty well educated/spoken. Does anyone have any info on Bamford

Good catch. He went to Nottingham High School.
  • Options
    Every single one of their children, no doubt.
  • Options
    When I opened this thread I thought, fck mine, now Ive somehow managed to read every bloody post and want to punch myself in the nuts.
  • Options
    Kieron Richardson - Riverston
  • Options

Chizz said:

Tony Watt.

No. He went to St Andrew's High, a comprehensive in North Lanarkshire.

Edit: and isn't a Premiership footballer.
    It was a joke pal, remember Jackson claimed he was the thickest in the squad as did church.
    Must have some decent competition from johnson
  • Options

Chizz said:

Raheem Sterling.

No, he went to a comprehensive in Brent
    Was a tongue in bum cheek comment.
    you definitely went to private school
    I wish you hadn't gone to your mums for dinner the other night. You've really changed since then.
    you try getting wanked off by your dad at the dinner table, see if you come out normal...
    I didn't realise it was at the dinner table. Now I know why your mum uses plastic table cloths.
    No need to waste good protein or make brandy cream to go on the desert.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Oi, giving you a warning for that.