Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Maybe Roland wants us to get relegated so he can continue to loan us network players.

Then he can say "My network players got you promoted. See - I am a visionary after all"

No, he wants us relegated so we can get down to the standard of his network players. If we drop into Division 2, he should be able to bring in his network players and they will fit in
  • Options

I am hoping that the Northampton game is while we are back in the UK...

Cobblers

No, I really am...
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Swisdom said:

Maybe Roland wants us to get relegated so he can continue to loan us network players.

Then he can say "My network players got you promoted. See - I am a visionary after all"

No, he wants us relegated so we can get down to the standard of his network players. If we drop into Division 2, he should be able to bring in his network players and they will fit in
    Which makes it even more odd that we let Polish Pete go. He would have ripped League 2 (DIV.4) up.
  • Options

I presume relegation also means 'The Johnstones paint trophy'!!!!!!, god help us all!!

Someone has to win it. Why not us?
  • Options

I presume relegation also means 'The Johnstones paint trophy'!!!!!!, god help us all!!

Someone has to win it. Why not us?
    Curbs?
  • Options
    New pins. If all goes to plan I could have 6 new grounds next season. Losing Dag & Red and West Ham would move me down to 75 in total, but back up to 81 by the end of next season if we get all those 6 (depends on promotions from league 2 and who stays up in league 1)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    IAIA
    edited March 2016

cafctom said:

I started doing some research on some of the League One grounds in preparation for next season's away days.

Fleetwood Town doesn't have a train station within five miles of the ground.

Pantomime league

We'll fit right in then!

With no train station and no trains? Hardly.

What do they do on summer weekends?
  • Options
    IA said:

cafctom said:

I started doing some research on some of the League One grounds in preparation for next season's away days.

Pantomime league

We'll fit right in then!

With no train station and no trains? Hardly.

What do they do on summer weekends?
    Fleetwood is in the North so do they have a Summer?
  • Options
    few grounds ive never been to possibly playing millwall and gillingham every cloud and that.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    getting to highbury stadium There is no railway station in Fleetwood itself. The closest is at Poulton-le-Fylde, which is just over five miles away. However it is more likely that fans will head to Blackpool North station which is around seven miles away. A taxi from the station to Fleetwood will cost you the best part of £20, which may okay if there is a group of you. For smaller groups it may be better to catch a bus to Fleetwood, Service numbers 1 and 14, run from Blackpool.
  • Options
    Hoping that Oldham and Doncaster go down as two matches I hate seeing whenever we've played the two... Be good if Crewe and Fleetwood survive as will mean one new team I've never seen us face whilst it'll be the battles of CAFC in the other,

Still really want Accrington Stanley to come up too with AFC Wimbledon
  • Options
    for all of our misplaced addicks up in the north next season in league one will be pretty good for them. depending on play offs but at the moment us down in the south east will have Millwall, Gillingham, Swindon, Mkdons/Fulham and Southend. there is about 4 others that you could say they are sort of in the south then the rest are all northern.
  • Options
    There's a tram that runs from Blackpool to Fleetwood.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    cafctom said:

Pantomime league

Blackpool and then the famous tram (@iaitch, you beat me to it ((:>))
  • Options
    Its so heavily northern weighted. Only 6/24 teams are currently south of Birmingham. Millwall, Swindon, Southend, colchester, Coventry, Gillingham. Not looking forward to it at all.
  • Options
    Fleetwood may get relegated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hate league one. Real fans? Give me a break, most of these Mickey Mouse clubs are people's second teams. Leyton Orient and Millwall especially. Also fewer and fewer terraces, although I think Fletwood has one? Hopefully Bristol Rovers go up.
  • Options
    would like bristol rovers and pompey to come up as would like to go both of there grounds, not a huge amount will change for me still will be going along to away games, just not as good when theres 3-400 of us.
  • Options
    Well hopefully Bristol Rovers come up as I'll be based out that way next season, will be one of the few Charlton matches I'll have the pleasure (yeah right) of attending.
  • Options
    Still a nightmare for me, league 2 is where it's at for the Devon Addicks
  • Options

getting to highbury stadium There is no railway station in Fleetwood itself. The closest is at Poulton-le-Fylde, which is just over five miles away. However it is more likely that fans will head to Blackpool North station which is around seven miles away. A taxi from the station to Fleetwood will cost you the best part of £20, which may okay if there is a group of you. For smaller groups it may be better to catch a bus to Fleetwood, Service numbers 1 and 14, run from Blackpool.

Or a tram.

I went to Fleetwood v Sheffield United the other week and was back in Blackpool by 5.45
  • Options
    I am looking forward to Shrewsbury next season, I would have then done all of the 92.

Might get an acknowledgement in the programme!
  • Options

I am looking forward to Shrewsbury next season, I would have then done all of the 92.

Well done Elfsborg Addick.

Begs the Question ?

No Gay Meadow for you, back in the day ?
  • Options

Well done Elfsborg Addick.

Begs the Question ?

No Gay Meadow for you, back in the day ?
    Oh yeah, did that, but not with Charlton.