Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Is that IA catching.............a minnow?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Is that IA catching.............a minnow?

I didn't catch anyone. @Friend Or Defoe did
  • Options
    Dulwich Hamlet v Charlton Athletic in 3 years ?

Plus Ebsfleet if they have not moved above us by then, and Maidstone United. RD has to be the biggest twat ever in my experience and support of English football which is now 70 years.
  • Options
    League one is utter dog shite of a division. Just that.
  • Options
    Positives of being in league one:

Let me er think....

• Options
    cabbles said:

New pins. If all goes to plan I could have 6 new grounds next season. Losing Dag & Red and West Ham would move me down to 75 in total, but back up to 81 by the end of next season if we get all those 6 (depends on promotions from league 2 and who stays up in league 1)

In search of the 92....I've never got to grips with this losing grounds thing, just because a club builds a new one or gets relegated out of the league. It's like saying you never went into a branch of Comet just because they went bust.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

ross1 said:

Swisdom said:

Maybe Roland wants us to get relegated so he can continue to loan us network players.

Then he can say "My network players got you promoted. See - I am a visionary after all"

No, he wants us relegated so we can get down to the standard of his network players. If we drop into Division 2, he should be able to bring in his network players and they will fit in
    Which makes it even more odd that we let Polish Pete go. He would have ripped League 2 (DIV.4) up.
    I dunno. Reckon he may get a game for Bromley, but only if Goldberg gets injured.
  • Options

would like bristol rovers and pompey to come up as would like to go both of there grounds, not a huge amount will change for me still will be going along to away games, just not as good when theres 3-400 of us.

Either you're young or I'm fucking old as I've been to Pompey more times than I can shake a stick at. Highlight has got to be the di canio inspired 2-1 win in 2003? but lots of games in the mid 90s merge into one.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

New pins. If all goes to plan I could have 6 new grounds next season. Losing Dag & Red and West Ham would move me down to 75 in total, but back up to 81 by the end of next season if we get all those 6 (depends on promotions from league 2 and who stays up in league 1)

In search of the 92....I've never got to grips with this losing grounds thing, just because a club builds a new one or gets relegated out of the league. It's like saying you never went into a branch of Comet just because they went bust.
    The idea is to be complete on existing grounds.

I have not done the current ground for Shrewsbury, but did Gay Meadow so need to complete the set next season.

I believe Scunthorpe move in to their new stadium in the back half of next season so that is on the 'to be done' board.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

I started doing some research on some of the League One grounds in preparation for next season's away days.

Fleetwood Town doesn't have a train station within five miles of the ground.

Pantomime league

This fixture is my silver lining to the cloud of relegation. Tram from Blackpool will get you there.
  • Options
    I'm on 82 at the moment.I'll lose WHU and Brentford at the end of the season,down to 80 then gain Chesterfield,Fleetwood,Northampton and maybe Accrington...so possibly up to 84 next season
  • Options

It's not though is it
  • Options

It's not though is it
    Not if you play in it every year.
  • Options
    League One with a club who have higher aspirations and are genuinely competitive could be good. Like our championship winning season when there was a real buzz and unity around the club.

Unfortunately I dont think thats what we will have in store for us. So I think the dog shit assessment may be closer to the truth, and this could be a milestone of decline under Roland.
  • Options
    Since Rolands ownership it has been a slow decline on the field with each season being a scrape to avoid relegation. If he seriously wanted to have our best interests at heart he would ditch his stupid ideas and take some advice from someone who knows how to get a club out of League one which is where we are heading. But the trouble is he does things his way and that won't change so we go round in circles, being flushed down the leagues.
  • Options
    just looking through football ground guide at league 1 grounds suprised at how many do not sell beer on matchday surely they are missing revenue on this as majority of away crowds for a saturday enjoy a drink.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

just looking through football ground guide at league 1 grounds suprised at how many do not sell beer on matchday surely they are missing revenue on this as majority of away crowds for a saturday enjoy a drink.

Agreed.

Brentford was a shock when I got in and couldn't get a pint. It was made more frustrating as I couldn't delay it getting in as I needed to buy tickets, and I was told there was no walking back after buying them - essentially keeping me in the ground.
  • Options
    We are not going straight back up, not under these owners. We do absolutely no scouting, all our best players will be going out the door over Summer and we won't bring in a single player fit to play English league football. Riga will likely go as well and we'll bring in another failed overseas manager with no experience of managing a club close to our size.

We do not adapt our tactics to the team we are going to play and we play the same crap football every game. Any League 2 team could beat us if they get their tactics right.
  • Options
    out of the current 24 teams 13 do not sell alcohol on matchday, bit of a shame really a lot of it is due to sharing stands with home fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

out of the current 24 teams 13 do not sell alcohol on matchday, bit of a shame really a lot of it is due to sharing stands with home fans.

Says it all, tinpot league. This is what RD is aspiring to chaps.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

not saying were too good for it but even as an avid ground spotter im not looking forward to multiple long train journeys to grounds ive visited, was really looking forward to going villa next season and one of either newcastle/sunderland and making a weekend out of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    drewman said:

would like bristol rovers and pompey to come up as would like to go both of there grounds, not a huge amount will change for me still will be going along to away games, just not as good when theres 3-400 of us.

Either you're young or I'm fucking old as I've been to Pompey more times than I can shake a stick at. Highlight has got to be the di canio inspired 2-1 win in 2003? but lots of games in the mid 90s merge into one.
    was meant to go a pre season a couple of seasons back but was ill.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

There's a tram that runs from Blackpool to Fleetwood.

As long as there's one that runs from Fleetwood to Blackpool after the game.
  • Options

I have been to away games with Charlton when we had nomore than 73 fans in away end for a league game in the old 2 division.....300/400 thats a crowd...........Try Bolton away one week Lucky to get 100,the following week took 10,000 away......PART TIMERS.
  • Options

just looking through football ground guide at league 1 grounds surprised at how many do not sell beer on matchday surely they are missing revenue on this as majority of Charlton away crowdfans for a Saturday enjoy need to drown their sorrows with a vast quantity of drink....

Fixed it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Fiiish said:

not saying were too good for it but even as an avid ground spotter im not looking forward to multiple long train journeys to grounds ive visited, was really looking forward to going villa next season and one of either newcastle/sunderland and making a weekend out of it.
    Me too. There is nothing good in league one other than a few new grounds.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

Shit. Do I need to make changes to my electrical retailers list?
  • Options

It's not though is it
    I've been to a couple of league one matches since January involving teams in the top ten, and I have to say as an overall footballing spectacle they were far far worse than the championship.
  • Options

I'm on 82 at the moment.I'll lose WHU and Brentford at the end of the season,down to 80 then gain Chesterfield,Fleetwood,Northampton and maybe Accrington...so possibly up to 84 next season

You won't lose Brentford until about 2019....