Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell attacks RD's statement

A brief opening to CP moan:

Chris Powell believes the statement released by Roland Duchatelet during the week is further evidence of the detachment between the Charlton owner and the club’s fans.

A statement was posted on the Charlton website on Tuesday evening, calling on supporters to back the team as they look to achieve a miraculous escape.

However, the bizarre release also claimed some fans “want the club to fail” after protests were held before, during and after the Middlesbrough game last Sunday.

Louis Sealey, Sports reporter / 04:40 Sunday 20 March 2016 / Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options
    What did Sir Chris say? usually a headline like that requires some quotes...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

What did Sir Chris say? usually a headline like that requires some quotes...

"the statement released by Roland Duchatelet during the week is further evidence of the detachment between the Charlton owner and the club’s fans."
  • Options
    Some people do want the club to fail (ie get relegated) don't they ?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Nope.
    I am quite sure you'll find some do.

For example, no particular poster but plenty of people would say "I'll take relegation if the Belgian C#@$ sells the club"

That's undeniable.
  • Options
    Depends what you mean by fail - in the short term sense relegation is failure, but many people (myself included) see this a preferable alternative to the longer term failure being caused by the inept ownership and management. No one wants to see the club fail, but when faced with the continuing shambles this ownership represents, relegation that may encourage the owners to piss off can be viewed as beneficial. Sadly I don't think relegation will mean the end of RD but then survival is a validation of his methods, which is far far worse
  • Options
    There's another thread here....

Straight Answer To Straight Question,

Would you prefer to see Charlton go down if it meant RD sold up?

or

Would you prefer to see the Club stay up and RD hang around?

Maybe @Stig could do one of the online polls. Or maybe I'm talking a load of bollocks and no one's bothered...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first option every time.
  • Options

There's another thread here....

Straight Answer To Straight Question,

Would you prefer to see Charlton go down if it meant RD sold up?

or

Would you prefer to see the Club stay up and RD hang around?

Maybe @Stig could do one of the online polls. Or maybe I'm talking a load of bollocks and no one's bothered...

If we stay up (impossible), then RD will just do the same again.
    We would only be postponing the inevitable.

BELGIANS OUT !
  • Options
    I arrived at Hillsborough yesterday wanting us to win and cheering the team during the game.
    However whilst I wanting us to win I did think if we loose then I hope it's a big loss to further show up the current management, and that's what happened
  • Options

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Nope.
    I am quite sure you'll find some do.

For example, no particular poster but plenty of people would say "I'll take relegation if the Belgian C#@$ sells the club"

That's undeniable.
    @PL54, I understand what your saying and technically you're right. BUT, actually what people really mean is that they will accept short term failure if it leads to RD and co selling up. Whether he will or not is his decision, however I can assure you that if he continues to try and run the club like he has over the last 2 years, especially this season, then this time next year (March 17) we will be discussing/protesting as we head hurtling towards League 2. He cant work under FFP rules when all the competition doesn't!!
    Hypothetically can I ask - if we are in the same position next season and trying to stave off relegation to League 2, will you and others finally see that? Whilst he may have done well with a new pitch and training facilities, the major part of his jigsaw is missing, i.e a competitive and large first team squad. He seems to have forgotten the most important part of football ownership....a successful team under a manger who knows what they are doing!
    Picking up on this and the 'name change' thread, I seriously think the end game for RD and KM is to get their player farm/tourist attraction up and running, without the inconvenience of these vile, unwashed fans getting in the way.

Still, even they must realise relegation to L1 isn't an option if they want to make their franchise work.

No genuine fan wants the club to fail - but it will anyway - look at our results this season. When we go down it'll be blamed on the protests and the fans. If we stay up, it'll be fuel for T20k group and painted out to be another great decision to bring back Riga and justify the regime - but even then they'll say we wouldn't have been in this situation if the fans hadn't protested.

The only answer for me, IMHO, is don't give one single penny to Rat or Squirrel Face.
  • Options
    Yup, a no brainer for me. Until that c#&$ sells the club, we can never move forwards, only backwards.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I think some people have said they'd accept relegation if it brings about a change of ownership but that's that not quite the same as wanting the club to fail is it?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

PL54 said:

Will you stop posting such inflammatory rubbish. I and other fans I know don't want us to fail. If we didn't care what happens to the Club we would not be protesting. It seems to me you post things just to get a reaction. Didn't your parents give you any attention as a child?

Don't get upset. What I say is true - and you know it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

I think some people have said they'd accept relegation if it brings about a change of ownership but that's that not quite the same as wanting the club to fail is it?
    Would you agree that relegation would be failure ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Would you agree that relegation would be failure ?
    Not if it was a prelude to the club moving forwards. It isn't too difficult to understand, even if you don't agree with the sentiment.
  • Options
    Getting back to Chris Powell, the great man is on Question of Sport on Wednesday.
  • Options
    It is a silly question as we are all but doomed.
  • Options
    Get relegated = get rid of The Rat and Squirrel Bitch?

Deal.

If only it was that easy.