Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell attacks RD's statement

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

dickplumb said:

PL54 said:

Some people do want the club to fail (ie get relegated) don't they ?

Will you stop posting such inflammatory rubbish. I and other fans I know don't want us to fail. If we didn't care what happens to the Club we would not be protesting. It seems to me you post things just to get a reaction. Didn't your parents give you any attention as a child?

Don't get upset. What I say is true - and you know it.
    What your saying is that you believe the club is currently in such a bad state of affairs that the fans are so desperate to not have this mob in control of our club, they would accept relegation with a heavy heart if it at least meant Roland Dutchatalet MIGHT F off and we can start again..

Is this true of false?

Or do Charlton fans just randomly now want the club to fail on every level because they hate Charlton and it's their fault they now feel dis-connected.

What one is it?

Not digging you out mate but you might as well at least explain your perspective. Get it out your system ya know.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

PL54 said:

dickplumb said:

PL54 said:

Will you stop posting such inflammatory rubbish. I and other fans I know don't want us to fail. If we didn't care what happens to the Club we would not be protesting. It seems to me you post things just to get a reaction. Didn't your parents give you any attention as a child?

What your saying is that you believe the club is currently in such a bad state of affairs that the fans are so desperate to not have this mob in control of our club, they would accept relegation with a heavy heart if it at least meant Roland Dutchatalet MIGHT F off and we can start again..

Is this true of false?

Or do Charlton fans just randomly now want the club to fail on every level because they hate Charlton and it's their fault they now feel dis-connected.

What one is it?

Not digging you out mate but you might as well at least explain your perspective. Get it out your system ya know.
    If questions are being asked of PL54, perhaps also:-

Do you like the current ownership and think they are doing a superb job?

Did you entirely agree with the club's statement last Tuesday and believe that it was the correct thing to release?
  • Options
    Mackle said:

Dave2l said:

PL54 said:

dickplumb said:

PL54 said:

Is this true of false?

What one is it?

If questions are being asked of PL54, perhaps also:-

Do you like the current ownership and think they are doing a superb job?

Did you entirely agree with the club's statement last Tuesday and believe that it was the correct thing to release?
    while we're at it @PL54, Horse racing, good or bad?
  • Options
    CP now on BBC website after BBC London interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35862732
  • Options
    I am flattered by all the interest in my viewpoint, I really am.

I posted my thoughts a little while back when asked by someone else and I can't be arsed to write it all out again but in summary:

Some good
    Some bad
    Mixed results of late
    RD has shown no intent to sell
    I believe there's quite a bit of "look at me" in and around the protests and a few personal agendas
    Not of high enough importance in my life to justify getting upset over

And the survey now conforms my assertions (above) that people want failure for the club.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I posted my thoughts a little while back when asked by someone else and I can't be arsed to write it all out again but in summary:

Some good
    Some bad
    Mixed results of late
    I believe there's quite a bit of "look at me" in and around the protests and a few personal agendas

And the survey now conforms my assertions (above) that people want failure for the club.

and horse racing?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Some good
    Some bad
    Mixed results of late

and horse racing?
    It'd be fine if the horses didn't keep dieing
  • Options
    PL54
    I'm not sure how you define 'failure for the club.' Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. From what I have read, this is what those who are prepared to accept relegation (which is nigh-on inevitable) have in mind.

For me, 'failure for the club' would be ignoring the history of CAFC, employing an incompetent CEO, loading the squad with inadequates, has beens and never-will-be players, having a carousel of coaches each of whom is said to be better than the last but who have proved themselves to be on a par with the CEO and treating CAFC as nothing more than a player-farm while the first team slides down the league and into anonymity.

As we all know that Duchatelet 'doesn't do failure' I must assume that the previous paragraph is his measure of success.

• Options

PL54
    I'm not sure how you define 'failure for the club.' Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. From what I have read, this is what those who are prepared to accept relegation (which is nigh-on inevitable) have in mind.

For me, 'failure for the club' would be ignoring the history of CAFC, employing an incompetent CEO, loading the squad with inadequates, has beens and never-will-be players, having a carousel of coaches each of whom is said to be better than the last but who have proved themselves to be on a par with the CEO and treating CAFC as nothing more than a player-farm while the first team slides down the league and into anonymity.

As we all know that Duchatelet 'doesn't do failure' I must assume that the previous paragraph is his measure of success.

Isn't that something that can only be determined with hindsight?

i mean, you can conclude that losing a certain battle led you to make the decisions that won the war but i don't think any war has been won by saying "lets give up on this battle, it'll make us stronger"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My phrase was intended to be the opposite of a Pyrrhic victory which is what Duchatelet seems to want. He might win in the short term by retaining control but I hope that he will realise that he is better off leaving. It was just a phrase to try and explain why fans aren't seeking 'failure for the club.'
  • Options

It'd be fine if the horses didn't keep dieing

What colour are they dieing?:-)

Black and white
  • Options
    PL54 said:

people want failure for the club.

Who are these "people?" Palace fans? Sheffield Wednesday fans apparently are cock-a-hoop at our impending relegation. Roland made this claim in his statement without expanding on it, but I haven't met these "people". They must be pretty influential and powerful, whoever they are, because the club is failing in every way imaginable. Power To The People?
  • Options
    And then......... up he pops!
  • Options

lot of troll feeding going on on this thread.

Hello Trollmeister Extraordinaire
  • Options
    Just like Pavlov's dogs
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Some good
    Some bad
    Mixed results of late
    I

Wow. Earthshattering.
    You do have to wonder about the "look at me" though eh?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    'The' statement on the official website mentions 'some wanting the club to fail' in the same paragraph as 'we want Charlton to remain in the championship'.

My opinion of this is that the club view failure as relegation which is the point PL54 was trying to make (I think, you do say some daft things but I'm happy to defend you here).

Roland doesn't do failure so if we are relegated he will be very determined to get us promoted to prove a point. I hate him but he ain't selling just yet so my only hope is he floods the squad with quality players next season and forgets all about the break even - ffp etc....
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Some good
    Some bad
    Mixed results of late

You'd know ;-)
  • Options
    25May98 said:

'The' statement on the official website mentions 'some wanting the club to fail' in the same paragraph as 'we want Charlton to remain in the championship'.

My opinion of this is that the club view failure as relegation which is the point PL54 was trying to make (I think, you do say some daft things but I'm happy to defend you here).

Roland doesn't do failure so if we are relegated he will be very determined to get us promoted to prove a point. I hate him but he ain't selling just yet so my only hope is he floods the squad with quality players next season and forgets all about the break even - ffp etc....

But he does do failure, you can't just 'not do failure' when it's already hit. It will have been a failure if he gets us relegated. Then it's all about facts and figures, he overspent heavily this season, he won't do the same this (and he'd need to overspend by a lot lot more). Unfortunately, if he's sticking around, we're not going to be heading anywhere positive soon.

That's just my opinion, not trying to part sides - but just think your only hope is one that would mean Roland becoming a different man - of which he won't. If he doesn't do failure then he's just done the impossible for himself. Roland does failure.
  • Options

25May98 said:

But he does do failure, you can't just 'not do failure' when it's already hit. It will have been a failure if he gets us relegated. Then it's all about facts and figures, he overspent heavily this season, he won't do the same this (and he'd need to overspend by a lot lot more). Unfortunately, if he's sticking around, we're not going to be heading anywhere positive soon.

That's just my opinion, not trying to part sides - but just think your only hope is one that would mean Roland becoming a different man - of which he won't. If he doesn't do failure then he's just done the impossible for himself. Roland does failure.
    Ok. My only hope is that come January 2017 and we are very near to or bottom of league one, Roland floods the team with quality players and we stay up. I'm clutching at straws here and its only this hope or murder that keeps the faith alive (have we still got the coffin?)
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Bizarre statement from Katrien as Uncle Roland does indeed do failure - other network clubs have been relegated, it's part of network life.

And fans of Standard Liege view mediocrity as failure too, they believe they should be challenging for honours.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

25May98 said:

Bizarre statement from Katrien as Uncle Roland does indeed do failure - other network clubs have been relegated, it's part of network life.

And fans of Standard Liege view mediocrity as failure too, they believe they should be challenging for honours.
    I think they make it up as they go along. First thing that comes into their heads when answering interview questions or creating statements. There is no great plan. Just something for a rich man to do.
  • Options
    Question for @PL54: #haveyoumetroly?
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Mackle said:

25May98 said:

I think they make it up as they go along. First thing that comes into their heads when answering interview questions or creating statements. There is no great plan. Just something for a rich man to do.
    Mere mortals like you or I could never understand a visionary like Roland.