Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Two great fighters put on a huge show and, yet again, judges and money men ruin it. We should be talking about two great boxers here, instead of yet another corrupt piece of officiating. De la Hoya should be ashamed.
  • Options
    Watched it in Queens new York and even the Mexicans thought it was a wrong decision. Everyone just laughed when it was announced
  • Options
    Byrd should have been run out of boxing years ago - how she continues to get big fights is beyond me. GGG by 2 or 3 for me.

Rematch in May - please. Trip already booked.
  • Options
    Her again. I thought she was long gone.
  • Options
    Awful fight to score. I could watch that again and again and have a different winner but 118-110 is a fucking joke.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Byrd should have been run out of boxing years ago - how she continues to get big fights is beyond me. GGG by 2 or 3 for me.

Rematch in May - please. Trip already booked.

That's almost a certainty mate the cynic in me would suggest it was already penciled in

, Byrd has form for it and she will still work within boxing after this is a scandal that should be eradicated but won't

Teddy Atlas gets it spot on the administration of the sport is corrupt

The Commission should bring her in today and say score that fight again

But that won't happen as the commission is as corrupt as the judge
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Awful fight to score. I could watch that again and again and have a different winner but 118-110 is a fucking joke.

I have now watched it 3 times and the winner is the same
  • Options
    I had Triple G winning by 4 rounds. The game is tainted once again
  • Options

buckshee said:

I watched the HBO coverage this morning and there was a problem with the sound so I could hardly hear the commentary , I think this sometimes makes a difference.
  • Options
    Just watched it again. GGG by 4 rounds easy imo.
    Judge giving it 118-110. So fucking 10 rounds to 2. I don't care how close the rounds were, nobody can watch that and honestly only give Golvokin 2 rounds. Bullshit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

I watched the HBO coverage this morning and there was a problem with the sound so I could hardly hear the commentary , I think this sometimes makes a difference.
    I rewatch 90% of fights the next day without the commentary. Shocking how much shite they talk.
  • Options

Just watched it again. GGG by 4 rounds easy imo.
    Judge giving it 118-110. So fucking 10 rounds to 2. I don't care how close the rounds were, nobody can watch that and honestly only give Golvokin 2 rounds. Bullshit.

Exactly , I thought there a few close ones but 10 rounds to 2 is totally mental.
  • Options
    It was an 8-4 fight the closest it could've been was 7-5
  • Options
    Golovkin only won rounds 4 & 7 according to the 118-110 scorecard
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

GGG by KO or Alvarez pts. Want GGG to win as he has been immense for years however I don't see him being given the fight if it goes to the cards as Alvarez is a huge favourite in USA and even got a draw on one scorecard when he was outclassed by Mayweather

Well.... not a bad shout left the draw off
  • Options
    Ridiculous decision.

I had GGG by 3 or 4. He is like the fucking terminator.
  • Options
    am sure it has been discussed before but is there any merit in each judges score being announced at end of each round?
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:
    If there is any justice, the Nevada State Athletic Commission should haul Byrd in, confiscate any fee she received for officiating, and ban her for life from judging. The governing bodies whose belts were up for grabs should also all declare the fight a no contest - GGG does not deserve to have a draw on his unblemished record.

That's the only way any credibility could be restored after the fiasco of the May/Mac circus. This was an opportunity (lost) to restore boxing's image.

I won't hold my breath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    obvious .. a draw means a rematch wiv loadsa money involved
  • Options

Not sure if that'll happen. I think Alvarez will know he dodged a bullet tonight. GGG appears to be made of granite and an incredible stamina.

I think he would still be fighting now if he needed to.
  • Options

Not sure if that'll happen. I think Alvarez will know he dodged a bullet tonight. GGG appears to be made of granite and an incredible stamina.

Alvarez knows a rematch is his best pay day around. It will happen.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

this .. and who knows what was written into the pre-match contract ... Golovkin will be spitting bullets at losing his 100% win record, Alvarez will have learnt a lot about how to handle him.. that is IF you can handle a runaway bulldozer
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Q6F2IKGyMok

Full fight if anyone missed it.
  • Options

The same Alvarez that said this in his post fight interview?

"I thought I won the fight. I was superior inside the ring. I won at least 7 or 8 of the rounds. I was able to counterpunch and even make Gennady Golovkin wobble a couple of times. It’s up to the people if we fight again, I feel frustrated over this draw.”
  • Options
    The ridiculous scorecard aside was the result actually that crazy? I had Canelo just but there were a lot of close rounds.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

And GGG being another yr older will be in canello favour

The judge who scored it a draw is just as culpable for embarrassing the sport

It was a clear win for GGG a fight can be tight but this was not a draw it was a win

• Options
    Teddy Atlas after the now famous Cave/Escandon fight in 2014, just as relevant today...

• Options

The same Alvarez that said this in his post fight interview?

"I thought I won the fight. I was superior inside the ring. I won at least 7 or 8 of the rounds. I was able to counterpunch and even make Gennady Golovkin wobble a couple of times. It’s up to the people if we fight again, I feel frustrated over this draw.”
    He would say that though wouldn't he?

He knows he lost that fight.