Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• buckshee said:
    jakecafc said:
    IBF strap on the line.
    Have I missed something here? IBF website still saying Dubois is the interim champ and Usyk the actual champ. 
    Usyk vacated it yesterday.

“Anthony and Daniel, listen. I know the IBF title is important to you. It is my present to you on September 21,” Usyk said in a video posted on social media.
  • Think AJ takes out Dubois within 5 rounds. Gets hit way too easily
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Think AJ takes out Dubois within 5 rounds. Gets hit way too easily

Unless Dubois lands a bomb very early.

AJ should win by stoppage, I agree.
  • buckshee said:
    jakecafc said:
    IBF strap on the line.
    Have I missed something here? IBF website still saying Dubois is the interim champ and Usyk the actual champ. 
    Usyk vacated it yesterday.

“Anthony and Daniel, listen. I know the IBF title is important to you. It is my present to you on September 21,” Usyk said in a video posted on social media.
    Ah, shame the IBF didn’t update their website to reflect that. 
  • Tell you what, Daniel Dubois can't be accused of ducking anyone can he 
  • With Wilder apparently finished and Fury and Usyk in their late 30s this is a good time for a younger heavyweight to show what he can do.
    I expect all of the 3 I have mentioned to be retired in the next couple of years. 
  • Carter said:
    Tell you what, Daniel Dubois can't be accused of ducking anyone can he 
    He can't, but I just don't think he is that good. His best win is Hrgovic, who ive never thought was any good anyway. Would like to see him fight Dillian Whyte
  • edited July 11
    Hands up anyone who can name a New Zealander who is fighting for a world title this weekend 😄

Well, Andrei Mikhailovich (kiwi) fights Janibek Alimkhanuly for the IBF/WBO  middleweight world titles.  AM has won multiple NZ national titles in two weight classes.  He and his twin brother were born in Russia and were adopted from an orphanage in 1999 when 18 months old.
  • It’ll have to wait.  Janibek fainted while trying to shed weight and is now on a drip in hospital.  We can concentrate on the football.
  • Cracking fight tonight between Nathan Heaney and Brad Pauls, a rematch after a previous draw. 
    A deserved win for Brad, with a knockout in the 12th round.
    I, personally, think that he won the first fight and I think that he could go on to better things 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking fight tonight between Nathan Heaney and Brad Pauls, a rematch after a previous draw. 
    A deserved win for Brad, with a knockout in the 12th round.
    I, personally, think that he won the first fight and I think that he could go on to better things 
    He looked great. Heaney has done really well in boxing but I think he is levels below others.

Pauls has shown enough skill to go further in my opinion.
  • Big performance tonight from Moses Itauma to blow away Mariuz Wach, in style, within two rounds. 
    Incredible to think that he's still only 19.
  • I love Delboy. Wish he would just call it a day and retire 
  • edited July 27
    Big performance tonight from Moses Itauma to blow away Mariuz Wach, in style, within two rounds. 
    Incredible to think that he's still only 19.
    Itauma looks the real deal.

Not that I expected it to be anything else, but the chisora fight is a snoozefest. Joyce walking forward constantly and del boy loading up with haymaker trying to take his head off whenever he gets his breath back
  • edited July 27
    Carl Frampton really should stick to summerising, he is almost as tedious as Steve Brown as a commentator.

Definitely think Chisora had shagged his wife as he has given him no credit at all.
  • Carl Frampton really should stick to summerising, he is almost as tedious as Steve Brown as a commentator.
    I agree with him though, think this is really close
  • Imagine this Joe Joyce beat Dubois too. 

And now Dubois is fighting Joshua after zero decent wins. 
  • Croydon said:
    I love Delboy. Wish he would just call it a day and retire 
    Yup…..he should stick to putting the nut on delivery drivers now. 
  • Just watched our girl lose an Olympic qualifying round. Won 1st 3-2, lost 2nd by same.  Opponent had a point deducted in final round but won it despite barely laying a glove on her!  I thought boxing judging was being tightened up.
  • edited July 28
    Just watched our girl lose an Olympic qualifying round. Won 1st 3-2, lost 2nd by same.  Opponent had a point deducted in final round but won it despite barely laying a glove on her!  I thought boxing judging was being tightened up.
    It seemed a bit weird. I accept I am not an expert, so maybe somebody who knows more can explain that decision to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 4
    Cmon Crawford!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Cmon Crawford!
    Pretty boring fight, Crawford i thought struggled quite a bit, especially against a guy in only his 11th pro fight who 4 fights ago was fighting in a hotel in Uzbekistan. Definitely didn't feel it was as easy as the judge who gave it 116-112.

Crawford will have to perform quite a few levels above that if the Saudi's can agree a super fight with Canelo.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Cmon Crawford!
    Pretty boring fight, Crawford i thought struggled quite a bit, especially against a guy in only his 11th pro fight who 4 fights ago was fighting in a hotel in Uzbekistan. Definitely didn't feel it was as easy as the judge who gave it 116-112.

Crawford will have to perform quite a few levels above that if the Saudi's can agree a super fight with Canelo.
    Boring fight, but I had crawford by 2 or 3... seemed like he was going through the motions
  • Have just watched an old boxing film “Southpaw” starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Rachel McAdams.  Predictable story line but great fight scenes.
  • I was interested to read Ring Magazines list of the 12 boxers who, in their opinion, were the hardest punchers of all time - and it doesn’t include any recent heavyweights

12. Sonny Liston
    11.  Rocky Marciano
    10.  Wilfredo Gomez
     9.  Ruben Olivares
     8.  Julian Jackson
     7.  Sugar Ray Robinson
     6.  Ernie Shavers
     5.  George Foreman
     4.  Jack Dempsey
     3.  Sandy Saddler
     2.  Archie Moore
     1.  Joe Louis
  • Netflix have announced a new behind the scenes series at Matchroom HQ
  • Anyone got any thoughts on Joshua v Dubois?  Better still, is anyone going?
  • My heart says Dubois but my head says Joshua.  He has been there before and has the belief.
    Dubois has the stronger jab and can take a shot, but I question his heart. It might be a factor if he finds himself in the trenches.   
    Looked at getting tickets, but the prices were farcical. Tickets in the gods were ridiculously expensive. Anything with a decent view was a complete piss take.
    Depends which Joshua turns up. If his head is in the game he should win it but if he's complacent or gets rattled early doors Dubois has a chance.