Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

1274275276277278280»

Comments

• Ah see thats just the thing. Hearn and Joshua know they can rock this until the wheels really do fall off. Someone like Hrgovic will be trumped up as an opponent and Joshua will blow him away and sell out the O2, Sky or Dazn will rinse anyone daft enough to buy it and Hearn will defend a truly abominable undercard by bleating how expensive it is to pay Joshua and hire the O2 so they have to have a card full of gimme fights instead of competitive ones. 

Nice work if you can get it 

I've tried not to go after Joshua or be personal about him but I find him a very difficult character to like but you can still be an amazing fighter/sportsman in my objective eyes, see Floyd, Jon Jones in the UFC, Ricardo Mayorga, Tyson Fury. 

Joshua's shtick is what I don't like, which isn't entirely his doing, Hearn plays a big part in it, social media most definitely does as well but ultimately it comes down to him being a clearly good athelete, a decent boxer but one who doesn't have the capacity to do as he is told or similar to Amir Khan doesn't have the necessary brains to understand that when he is hurt trying to throw bombs with wobbly legs is a fast route to getting put down. I don't think he is chinny or has a glass jaw, I just think he is a bit thick in terms of boxing intelligence, same as Amir. Isn’t his chin, its his brain and concentration.  

• edited September 22
    Joshua's 4th comeback tour will still sell out Wembley though. 

Wheel out Helenius or Whyte again and pretend they're decent live fighters like Hearn has been doing for Joshua's entire career. 
  • Carter said:
    My wife was on at me all day about me thinking Joshua would beat Dubois. She picked Dubois and it wasn't a case of how she picks a grand national horse, she was right. He was hungrier, looked the business in his last 2 fights, who was the last person of note Joshua has fought or beaten, he will not be taking Dubois seriously and I, in a complete mansplaining way dismissed all that. She also sneakily put money on Dubois stopping Joshua so we are going put for some decent food tomorrow courtesy of Paddy Power also not giving Daniel a prayer! 

Johnny Nelson summed it up, Joshua was boxing like someone who had done a few boxercise classes with that stupid flicky jab and Dubois just strolled through it. 

Nothing but credit to Daniel Dubois, he has done all his learning in the ring, taken his medicine and just put to sleep in the most brutal way a guy who was still seen by many as the main man 

My thing with Joshua is how he has been managed, Hearn kept him away from Wilder and Fury having him fight puddings instead in front of massive insta-crowds which was great for the Hearn family and Anthony Joshua's bank account but not so much for boxing fans used to missing out on the best box office fighters fighting each other 
     Hearns management of him has been nothing short of miraculous.
    Quite how he's managed to keep a body builder that can't really fight near to the top of the tree for all these years is anyone's guess.
  • Carter said:
    My wife was on at me all day about me thinking Joshua would beat Dubois. She picked Dubois and it wasn't a case of how she picks a grand national horse, she was right. He was hungrier, looked the business in his last 2 fights, who was the last person of note Joshua has fought or beaten, he will not be taking Dubois seriously and I, in a complete mansplaining way dismissed all that. She also sneakily put money on Dubois stopping Joshua so we are going put for some decent food tomorrow courtesy of Paddy Power also not giving Daniel a prayer! 

Johnny Nelson summed it up, Joshua was boxing like someone who had done a few boxercise classes with that stupid flicky jab and Dubois just strolled through it. 

Nothing but credit to Daniel Dubois, he has done all his learning in the ring, taken his medicine and just put to sleep in the most brutal way a guy who was still seen by many as the main man 

My thing with Joshua is how he has been managed, Hearn kept him away from Wilder and Fury having him fight puddings instead in front of massive insta-crowds which was great for the Hearn family and Anthony Joshua's bank account but not so much for boxing fans used to missing out on the best box office fighters fighting each other 
     Hearns management of him has been nothing short of miraculous.
    Quite how he's managed to keep a body builder that can't really fight near to the top of the tree for all these years is anyone's guess.
    By avoiding Wilder and Fury when they were at their best helped. 
  • Not sure how an Olympic gold medalist and former world heavyweight champion can be called a bum.

I used to train at a gym Dubois used to use and have appeared in the background of some of his Instagram videos, claim to fame!
  • Since this photo was taken Anthony Joshua has lost all his belts

• I had Duboi r2 80/1, thought I was in for a lovely little pay out !
  • Since this photo was taken Anthony Joshua has lost all his belts

Massive cock..... the one on the left.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s my friend’s 40th tomorrow and she wants a bag to carry all her boxing kit in. I’ve no idea how much they cost or what to get but I’d like to give her the money so she can get one she likes. If I tell her to buy one and I’ll pay for it she’ll get a cheap one. How much would a decent one cost so I can send her some money?
  • I'd pay to watch wilder vs AJ... outside of that not sure where he goes. Fury would sell but I think would be extremely one sided