Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    Been watching the game. The referee is truly awful.
  • Options
    Scored twice and assisted once today before being subbed.

Atalanta currently 8-2 up against Salernitana.

Now tied for 2nd in Serie A top scorer charts.
    Just scored again, at Juventus. 0-1 lead in the 5th minute.

Now outright 2nd top scorer in Serie A, behind Napoli’s Victor Osihmen.
    And now another assist to get the equaliser.
  • Options
    And now a header to put them 2-3 up.

It's not just how lethal he is with the ball at his feet, but watch how he is leading in making the forward players press Juve who are just collapsing under the pressure.

Delighted for him.

Lookman, Hojlund and Boga are the new Gomez, Zapata and Ilicic.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:
    And now a header to put them 2-3 up.

It's not just how lethal he is with the ball at his feet, but watch how he is leading in making the forward players press Juve who are just collapsing under the pressure.

Delighted for him.

Lookman, Hojlund and Boga are the new Gomez, Zapata and Ilicic.
    Managed to miss the goal!
  • Options
    Only 25 still.  Happy for him, always seemed a decent egg at Charlton. Seems he has rediscovered his love of the game after a few years where he has looked a bit lost.
  • Options
    that’s a Nigerian 19. 

Gonna be leading their line in the world u-21’s ….
  • Options
    Makes you wonder how on earth Nigeria didn't qualify for the world cup.

There's Lookman and Osimhen, who are Serie A's 2 top scorers, Dennis at Forest, Aribo, Iwobi, Ndidi. I assume their defence must be terrible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes you wonder how on earth Nigeria didn't qualify for the world cup.

There's Lookman and Osimhen, who are Serie A's 2 top scorers, Dennis at Forest, Aribo, Iwobi, Ndidi. I assume their defence must be terrible.
    Lost on Away Goals to Ghana, who themselves didnt do badly at the World Cup

For all Nigeria's talent they had one issue... a future Charlton Goalkeeper against them
  • Options
    11 goals, 3 assists. 14 goal contributions.

So pleased to see him doing well after Everton did their best to ruin him. One of the most exciting young players of our recent history.
    Ademola's success is rooted in being played in his strongest role.
    He's a goalscorer, fox in the box type but he's a bit small so he got stuck out wide, and Charlton were as guilty as any, managers didn't want to justify leaving out someone so talented but he's not suited to being a lone striker.  The modern lunacy of inverted wingers often saw him stuck on the left.  He was always game and dedicated but he was essentially playing with his feet tied together.  Centrally or on the right he has far fewer limitations.  
    I used to work with a Fulham S/T holder, When AL went there I told him if they play him on the left you'll be frustrated, if they play him up front or on the right you'll see great things.  We know how that went.
    I hope for his sake he is now blessed with sensible managers and common sense tactics. Another half dozen goals or so this season at Atalanta and he'll surely be coveted by glamour clubs across the continent.  Good luck to him
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    He’s good with both feet, I always saw him as comfortable on either side. The left felt more natural as he comes in and shoots rather than goes down the line to put crosses in.

The Sky Sports scores app shows he played on the right of a front 3 three a 3-4-3 in their 8-2 win and yesterday it has him slightly deeper as the right sided of two 10s in a 3-4-2-1. I would assume they’re largely the same role with plenty of freedom to get in positions out wide and centrally.
  • Options
    Another cracking goal from Ademola this evening to make it 2-0 against Sampdoria.
  • Options
    Averaging more or less a goal per game for minutes played 
  • Options
    Great to see him doing so well. 
    I like their jerseys. Which channel shows Serie A?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Great to see him doing so well. 
    I like their jerseys. Which channel shows Serie A?
    BT
  • Options
    Excellent goal. Being a bit underrated too, I'd say!
  • Options
    He's been amazing this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pace in the Italian league really is beneficial.
  • Options
    Leading scorer in Europe's top 5 leagues so far in 2023.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pace in the Italian league really is beneficial.
    It's not just pace though, his awareness and football intelligence is incredible. I think that in a team of better players he would go to another level.
  • Options
    There's a nice interviews with him in the Athletic here:
    It's paywalled, but there are ways around that...
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    There's a nice interviews with him in the Athletic here:
    It's paywalled, but there are ways around that...
    @usetobunkin, do you have any tips?
  • Options
    I've watched most of Atalanta's games on TV and Ademola has impressed nearly every time. I can see a big team coming in for him in the Summer. Certainly worth a lot more than the €15m that they paid for him.
  • Options
    Given the way Italian football works I fully expect to see him at one of the Milans or Juventus (if they sort out their finances again in a hurry) in the summer
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Given the way Italian football works I fully expect to see him at one of the Milans or Juventus (if they sort out their finances again in a hurry) in the summer
    I don't think that they will be the only ones showing interest.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Not sure why he ended up in Serie A after two good showings at Leicester and Fulham. Think he could do a job off the bench for a top 6 side.

Regardless, I'm happy to see him do bits in Italy and he's having an interesting career, to say the least.

What a goal it was this weekend too. Hope you had a good time @AveryAddick