Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    So pleased for him, what a performance on such a big stage. 
  • Options
    Sorry but Ademola Lookman is 100% not a Charlton product 

We signed him aged 17

I stand by the fact you need to have spent the formative part of your teenage years to be claimed as a productive of that team.

We are an ex team of Lookman but he is a product of the Waterloo team

As much as Aribo is the product of the Staines team 

Not a popular opinion but one I will stand by.

We taught him some stuff, but by age 17 majority of the football ability he already had and we can't claim came from us

Bore off 
    Bore off 

Because you don't like my opinion 

🤣🤣

Jeez is that the world now people can't express opinions without someone saying something like this

I am delighted for Ademola and glad we played a small role in what he has achieved 

But imo all this sparrows lab and made in charlton for a player we signed at 17 is unjust

I appreciate other people saying he was rejected by other clubs, but lets not overlook the work Waterloo did with him from 11 until 17 before we swiped him

• Options
    edited May 23

We signed him aged 17

I stand by the fact you need to have spent the formative part of your teenage years to be claimed as a productive of that team.

We taught him some stuff, but by age 17 majority of the football ability he already had and we can't claim came from us

Encountered Waterloo in pre teen football when they played a cup match in the Sunday Tandridge League ; So many talented young players. Good to see his coach from the Waterloo days share in his finest moment; other than scoring for Cafc obviously 😂

Ryan Gondoh (Lewis FC) who is 4 months older than Lookman, told me years ago that he took Ademola under his wing as he was so small and as they played in the same position, taught him the step over when both were 10 years of age at Waterloo !
     For someone who only played 3 games for Colchester, Gondoh didn't lack confidence and has stayed friends with his little mate.

Charlton didn't swipe Lookman, CAFC
    gave Ademola his chance but as I have said before, his representatives chose Charlton because they felt he would have a pathway to 1st team football within 15 months max as long as was given the opportunity. From memory I thought he joined Charlton a couple of months short of his 17th birthday.
    That was nearly a decade ago now.

Joe Aribo spent 3 years at Kinetic academy and when he finished his academy education on and off the field played his 1st mens football at Staines before joining Cafc. Joe would've been nearly 19 when joining CAFC.

Fantastic hat trick for the Enigma that has been Ademola Lookman but right club, right time and now a history maker.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Imagine Saka one wing, Lookman the other... If only he had chosen England.
    Quality player, but let's be honest, he probably wouldn't make our squad, never mind start. He is competing with Foden, Cole Palmer, Grealish, Sako and Watkins
  • Options
    One thing i've always wondered is how on earth he went unnoticed until 17. It was clear pretty much immediately with us that he was a serious talent, so i'm not sure how given the amount of clubs in London that no scout spotted him sooner.
  • Options
    edited May 23
    Was he given his Charlton debut by Guy Luzon? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing i've always wondered is how on earth he went unnoticed until 17. It was clear pretty much immediately with us that he was a serious talent, so i'm not sure how given the amount of clubs in London that no scout spotted him sooner.

Sounds a clichés (it is !)
    Too small, was the answer that many scouts reported back when watching him for Waterloo or when coaches saw him as A trialist.
    Also, despite being two footed(amazing how many pro's aren't) many thought he wasn't strong enough.

There are so many young Black and duel heritage lads that became ballers playing in the cages in London but you need to train on (horse racing term!) if and when you get an opportunity.

Ademola Lookman has always let his football do his talking as he is a quiet lad.
  • Options
    Surprised to read he had never scored 10 goals in a season before joining Atalanta. 
  • Options

We signed him aged 17

Bore off 
    Bore off 

Because you don't like my opinion 

🤣🤣

Jeez is that the world now people can't express opinions without someone saying something like this

I am delighted for Ademola and glad we played a small role in what he has achieved 

But imo all this sparrows lab and made in charlton for a player we signed at 17 is unjust

I appreciate other people saying he was rejected by other clubs, but lets not overlook the work Waterloo did with him from 11 until 17 before we swiped him

Waterwho?
  • Options
    Great hat-trick.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Surprised to read he had never scored 10 goals in a season before joining Atalanta. 

His career had been stop-start after leaving Cafc where he had 10 goals in 45 apps over two seasons.
    Everton was disappointing with 1 goal in 36 apps over 3 seasons saw Lookman try his luck on loan at Leipzig 5 goals in 11 apps.
    After being signed by Leipzig he then had 0 goals in 11 apps so had loans back in Premier with Fulham  4 goals in  34 and the following season 6 goals in 26 apps.

Atalanta has been the making of Lookman, goal wise as he has become a 22 goals in 60 apps over the last two seasons.

1 goal in 3 app player in Italy despite playing wide or coming off the bench.
  • Options
    Well done Ademola.
    You can take the boy out of Charlton, but you can't............oh, wait.  ;)
  • Options
    Everywhere is like "former Everton and Leicester player Lookman", does anyone actually know he started with us?
  • Options
    That was a hattrick of paramount importance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking back over his stats, Lookman was criminally underused in the Europa League, however this probably helped Atalanta. Averaging a goal every 92 mins in the Europa League is mad. 
  • Options
    I’m guessing douchebag long ago took an early discount on any residuals on AL’s transfer fee so there’s no chance of any trickle down from the monster profit Atalanta will make this summer ?
    IIR there was some bollocks about the fee from Everton “rising to £11m” 

Really pleased to see one of the good guys getting himself his moment in the spotlight 
    Having his youth football coach there with him in Dublin tells us everything we need to know about Ademola Lookman the man
    splendid!
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    I’m guessing douchebag long ago took an early discount on any residuals on AL’s transfer fee so there’s no chance of any trickle down from the monster profit Atalanta will make this summer ?

Really pleased to see one of the good guys getting himself his moment in the spotlight 
    Having his youth football coach there with him in Dublin tells us everything we need to know about Ademola Lookman the man
    splendid!
    Could Roland have sold those rights from CAFC to himself?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Billy_Mix said:

splendid!
    Could Roland have sold those rights from CAFC to himself?
    More likely the blundering halfwit took £10 now over the promise of £10,000 later
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:

splendid!
    He left Everton 5 years ago and is on his second permanent club since then. Why would anything he does now affect us?
  • Options
    that was some hat trick - take a bow fella, what a way to put yourself in the shop window (should he want to)
  • Options

We signed him aged 17

There's always one.
    Always someone who wants to piss on a parade with a supposed smart comment. 
    Bore off
  • Options
    Pleased for him. Have a shirt of his worn in an absolute classic nil nil draw with mk dons. He may have topped that now. 
  • Options
    Got to say it's lucky he smashed it cos that Taribo West esque barnet would have been mocked if he had a stinker.