Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    Started again for Everton in Europe tonight. On ITV 4 now
  • Options
    First half he had a mare! Looks lost playing on the right hand side. A loan would do him good I reckon.
  • Options
    Doesn't look in the game at all
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Everton 1-0 down, 2-1 up on aggregate. If Everton don't make it through, then I'm sure he'll go out on loan, but if they qualify then the demands of Europa league football will require a bigger squad
  • Options
    Nice way to start the second half! Lookman off though, replaced by Lennon
  • Options

Nice way to start the second half! Lookman off though, replaced by Lennon

They have signed Lennon, I thought he was not fit :wink:
  • Options
    Not working out for him there. He's permanently on the subs bench for League games & doesn't get on. Man City on Monday it was screaming out to put him on with 10/15 mins to go so as to give Everton a way out - chase down long balls & use his pace, but Koelman didn't & Everton conceded with 5 mins to go.
  • Options

Not working out for him there. He's permanently on the subs bench for League games & doesn't get on. Man City on Monday it was screaming out to put him on with 10/15 mins to go so as to give Everton a way out - chase down long balls & use his pace, but Koelman didn't & Everton conceded with 5 mins to go.

For a 20 year old who's just made the jump from league one to premier league, he isn't doing too badly!
  • Options
    Time, patience and stability.

All long gone, football is so different, and for the worse in my opinion, from when I started going regularly in 1980.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    He played tonight and Everton fans wanted him off while he was in there, saying "he looks lost." Once he went off, Everton scored 45 seconds later. The bloom is off the rose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe he could come back to us on loan.
  • Options
    people forget that he never came through an Academy system and was playing non, non-league just two years ago. Everton bought potential but it might take a while for him to realise that potential. He has the ability. Let's hope he makes it.
  • Options

You're not a patient bloke at all, are you.
  • Options
    To be fair Everton didn't look much better when he went off, bar a gylfi (sp) solo wonder goal Split still looked the most likely.
  • Options
    Depends what formation they played. He needs to be in a "free" winger position. Like sterling at city. 4-3-3 would suit him.
    4-4-2 he'd get bogged down with defensive work
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

For a 20 year old who's just made the jump from league one to premier league, he isn't doing too badly!
    I take your point.
  • Options
    agim said:

Depends what formation they played. He needs to be in a "free" winger position. Like sterling at city. 4-3-3 would suit him.
    4-4-2 he'd get bogged down with defensive work

They play a very similar formation to Robinson. 4-2-3-1.
  • Options

Maybe he could come back to us on loan.

Derby County are trying to sign him on season long loan according to Telegraph.
  • Options
    To me Lookman isn't a conventional winger anyway, he's more of a Theo Walcott type, not quite a central striker, not a winger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    The fans were raving about him during the first leg, so they haven't given up on him yet.

He's young and a winger so he's going to be inconsistent. Calvert-lewin is ahead of him in the pecking order so he'll have to make the most of the minutes in cup competitions.

Calvert-lewin at the moment looks the better player so don't blame Everton at all.
  • Options
    Ademola had the pleasure of being invited to Kensington Palace to meet Prince William yesterday, in recognition of winning the under 20s World Cup.

Cannot see Konsa in any of the photos though.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/sep/07/england-u20-world-cup-winners-visit-kensington-palace-070917
  • Options

Ademola had the pleasure of being invited to Kensington Palace to meet Prince William yesterday, in recognition of winning the under 20s World Cup.

Cannot see Konsa in any of the photos though.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/sep/07/england-u20-world-cup-winners-visit-kensington-palace-070917

Oh that's what Karl was referencing in his presser. He said something about Ez being off to meet the Queen or something.
  • Options
    Prince William looks more and more like Brian Moore (the commentator) every day...
  • Options
    Is that Konsa behind Ademola?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Is that Konsa behind Ademola?

Yup
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just to remind you guys he no longer has 'anything' to do with Charlton Athletic!
    So I'm curious to know how much longer this love in will go on for.
    Personally, I don't give a shyte what he or countless other ex players do. Especially those who move on to supposedly 'better themselves'.
    Once they're gone they're gone, in fact the better they do the more exasperated and shat upon I become......so I certainly don't need to be reminded.
    It's just the way I handle all the countless disappointments of lost talent over the last 60 years.......I try to block it out as best I can.
    And before anyone says the inevitable "don't read it then"..........I haven't.