Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    When he was with us, he looked premiership class. Today he was terrible.he needs a loan
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I feel about 70% sure Lookman will be sold, either in Jan or at year end.

Everton are playing the worst football in the EPL, far worse that Palace, recently. There is a lot of talk among fans of a fire sale and desperate purchases in the next window. They are at serious risk of going down.

Lookman has played 39 total minutes this season and he is a luxury they cannot afford. I think he becomes available. My guess is Leeds gets him for £7M.

Can Leeds afford £7m signings? They always seem to be skint and selling their best players.
    They spent about 14 million in the summer 3 players they brought in were over 3 million each.
  • Options
    Lookman won't be sold. Why would anyone buy him? He'll go on loan if the new manager doesn't want him. Why spend millions on him when you'd get him for a loan fee with a possible or not purchase price. You'd be mad to commit millions on him, when they'll be desperate for him to get game time: Just commit loan fee and wages.

Looking at how shocking Everton are you fail to see how a style short of Allardyce can prevent them going down. His Bolton teams didn't need pace but boy do Everton require energy. They have enough quality to stay up, they just need absolute discipline and a nutter in midfield..... Cattermole? Dogs of War?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Why would anyone buy him? Why wouldn't they? Especially down in The Championship, where he would probably excel. Especially since he could most likely be bought at a discount. At any rate, I have a lot of Everton friends and many seem to think his days are numbered.
  • Options
    Quite simply the economics. You have to pay/commit 5-7 million. Then you commit to a 3-4 year contract, anywhere between 6-10 million. No performance quality in the prem, very little champ experience. Or you could get him on loan for a fee and pay limited wages. Or you could buy Pascal Gross for less money and less wages. Or you could fill your team with experienced young but blooded Bundesliga 2 talent.

Granted there are some lunatic clubs out there, but even those clubs wouldn't risk millions when they only have to risk an initial short term outlay.
  • Options
    Palace go down lose Zaha and use some of the money to sign Lookman, hate to say it but I can actually see that happening
  • Options

When he was with us, he looked premiership class. Today he was terrible.he needs a loan

Maybe potential premiership class but I don't think ever looked the finished article.

• Options
    ColinTat said:

Quite simply the economics. You have to pay/commit 5-7 million. Then you commit to a 3-4 year contract, anywhere between 6-10 million. No performance quality in the prem, very little champ experience. Or you could get him on loan for a fee and pay limited wages. Or you could buy Pascal Gross for less money and less wages. Or you could fill your team with experienced young but blooded Bundesliga 2 talent.

Granted there are some lunatic clubs out there, but even those clubs wouldn't risk millions when they only have to risk an initial short term outlay.

One of the lunatic clubs being Everton for paying so much for him in the first place. If Everton did want to get rid of Lookman, I could see him moving to say Brighton or Aston Villa.
  • Options
    I imagine a loan deal to a team near the top of the championship would probably be the ideal solution.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Doubt they'll sell him. He's talented, was in the last England U21 squad and he won't be on big wages. It's not like he's an unwanted foreigner on 100k a week.

If the new manager feels he's not the right player for a relegation battle then he'll be sent to someone like Villa or Boro who are prepared to pay a loan fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 Everton, That boy lookman again.
  • Options
    2nd was a screamer
  • Options
    Don't know wheather to laugh or cry.

Premier league players of the future.
    Saddens me if I'm honest
  • Options
    Go on Ademola!
  • Options
    Crazy that they're only his second and third goals for Everton!!
  • Options
    That nose for goal that you just can't teach.
  • Options

That nose for goal that you just can't teach.

Thought it came off his head for the first one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

maybe something to do with the fact he hardly plays for them, and when he does its usually a cameo at the end of the match or when they're 3-0 down & out of it.
  • Options

maybe something to do with the fact he hardly plays for them, and when he does its usually a cameo at the end of the match or when they're 3-0 down & out of it.
    For a team with no pace - something all the pundits have noticed as a major problem with Everton - Lookman's lack of game time has been ridiculous. Glad to see him given a chance to shine
  • Options
    Told you he was good didn't I.
  • Options
    Great stuff. But as a proud half-Cypriot even I have to quibble the standard of opposition on this occasion. ;)

Hopefully he can do this in the league now...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    We did good business selling him for £10M. If we had spent even £6M of that on new players, we would be promotion shoe-ins.
  • Options
    Fantastic strike for the second goal, but not convinced by te defending for the first one. He was completely unmarked for ages in the build up, and even someone as tiny as him can score if you give them a totally free header.
  • Options

We did good business selling him for £10M. If we had spent even £6M of that on new players, we would be promotion shoe-ins.

We probably could have spent two million this Summer to be promotion candidates - In the grand scheme of things both Reeves and Marshall were freebies with Clarke probably being about £200k at most
  • Options
    2nd goal was a good hit, though could have been saved imo

He was the standout player (based on highlights) last night they were saying hopefully the coach can look back over last nights game as there were a few times he went for goal when there was an easy ball for a tap in, they were praising him but also said that if he could add that to his game he will be some player eg. like walcott should have been :)
  • Options
    Big Sam not there to see it so I don't expect Lookman to be starting on sunday
  • Options

Big Sam not there to see it so I don't expect Lookman to be starting on sunday

And he's not 7' tall...