Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    No Lookman for Everton tonight. As they're losing 3-0 at half time, maybe not a bad thing for his sake...

A bit of pressure of Koeman, Everton not started the season well at all
  • Options
    They've played a lot of decent teams but their transfers have turned out to be majorly underwhelming.
    Lookman really needs to leave next window as Koeman doesn't seem to rate him at all.
  • Options
    klassen has been bang average since joining which surprises me. at ajax he seemed so experienced for a player so young. captain and playmaker. Sigurdsson is another who hasn't performed yet either.
  • Options

Just to remind you guys he no longer has 'anything' to do with Charlton Athletic!
    So I'm curious to know how much longer this love in will go on for.
    Personally, I don't give a shyte what he or countless other ex players do. Especially those who move on to supposedly 'better themselves'.
    Once they're gone they're gone, in fact the better they do the more exasperated and shat upon I become......so I certainly don't need to be reminded.
    It's just the way I handle all the countless disappointments of lost talent over the last 60 years.......I try to block it out as best I can.
    And before anyone says the inevitable "don't read it then"..........I haven't.

Yet you often tell us what a great player Stuart Leary was despite him leaving us for QPR decades ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I talk about how great he was when he played for us........not anyone else. Have you ever seen a post from me referring to QPR. ......no you haven't.
    When he left us I never had any interest in what he did for QPR.....not even remotely.
  • Options

I talk about how great he was when he played for us........not anyone else. Have you ever seen a post from me referring to QPR. ......no you haven't.
    When he left us I never had any interest in what he did for QPR.....not even remotely.

But he doesn't play for us anymore so you're not allowed to mention him on a Charlton forum according to your rules.
  • Options

No Lookman for Everton tonight. As they're losing 3-0 at half time, maybe not a bad thing for his sake...

A bit of pressure of Koeman, Everton not started the season well at all

Though to be fair, it's six games in or whatever and a lot of his signings are new to the Premier League. Obviously not playing in the Prem tonight. But given it's a project there, he should be at least given a little bit of time.

That said, I think they've spent a lot of to, at best, finish seventh.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

But he doesn't play for us anymore so you're not allowed to mention him on a Charlton forum according to your rules.
    Ben, for Christ's sake........stop being so f'ing pedantic.
    You and everyone else know exactly what I'm referring to is what ex-players do/did for other clubs after leaving zer cloob......I ain't interested OK!
    There.....clear enough for ya mate!
    PS.....l'm nearly 70 years old and anymore of your wind-up malarkey and I'll report you to age concern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Ben.....funnily enough I bought a rare signed photo of him a few weeks back.......you never know it may find itself in the museum someday.
  • Options
    Destroyed by Atalanta.
  • Options

You and everyone else know exactly what I'm referring to is what ex-players do/did for other clubs after leaving zer cloob......I ain't interested OK!
    PS.....l'm nearly 70 years old and anymore of your wind-up malarkey and I'll report you to age concern.
    I'd suggest you don't open the 'Congratulations Ademola Lookman' thread anymore if you don't want to follow his career.

I would say do the same for the Nick Pope, Bryan Hughes, Tony Watt ones (you get my drift).

Some people like to follow their careers, some don't. I always like a little google of our ex players, I'm not making you do it though.
    If you read my earlier post you will see that I informed one and all that I don't read them......this one included.
  • Options

I'd suggest you don't open the 'Congratulations Ademola Lookman' thread anymore if you don't want to follow his career.

I would say do the same for the Nick Pope, Bryan Hughes, Tony Watt ones (you get my drift).

Some people like to follow their careers, some don't. I always like a little google of our ex players, I'm not making you do it though.
    If you read my earlier post you will see that I informed one and all that I don't read them......this one included.
    Dont read them, although have made several posts on it and will continue to read it imo :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Dont read them, although have made several posts on it and will continue to read it imo :wink:
    Sorry.....I don't understand what you're saying?
    I haven't read any of the posts about Lookman......I can assure you.
  • Options

Sorry.....I don't understand what you're saying?
    I haven't read any of the posts about Lookman......I can assure you.
    You are posting in a thread about Lookman, also commented.. so you are saying you haven't read any of these threads yet again you are posting in the thread.... (facepalm)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Oh Jesus......I came onto the thread to say I don't follow ex players careers and give the reason why. Which I admit somewhat changed the direction of the thread.
    I didn't read any of the stuff prior to that......about Lookman.
    Henry Irving then threw in a curve ball about Stuart Leary and how I often mention him to which we swapped one or two tongue in cheek messages.....again me explaining I have no problem discussing what achievements ex-players had whilst they were playing for Charlton.
    I repeat I have not read any of the stuff re Lookman since he left us, I have no interest whatsoever.
    Read my first post, especially the final sentence and then the rest of the thread, then maybe you'll just possibly twig on to what I'm trying to tell you.
    I really hope so, as I'm fucked if I'm going to explain again jb!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the point is SA that you have specifically opened this thread to say you don't follow ex players which is odd given the title gives it away that it's about a now ex player.

You are of course entitled to not care about ex players, each to their own.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Everton being knocked out the Europa league would be terrible for Lookman. Even though, he wasnt selected on Thursday I feel he would probably end up back in the under 23s without the extra matches.

It's a shame because he looks brilliant when he is playing for England.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Everton never cared about Lookman. They cared about Everton. He was always going to be a backup and that's what he is. I think from Everton's POV, there is no problem to fix. We are the one's thinking something is wrong.
  • Options
    The guy is still 19 and people are getting their knickers in a twist about him not starting every week.

Everton are a top Premier League team that have the luxury of blooding in their teenage players slowly.

He's not been involved heavily lately so I'd be expecting him to feature when Koeman makes some changes to get some results.
  • Options
    I also don't think it would be a major problem if they were knocked out of Europe, perhaps better for him.

I suspect he may go on loan to the Champ if they are indeed knocked out, which must be better for him than 3/4 Europa League games.
  • Options

Oh Jesus......I came onto the thread to say I don't follow ex players careers and give the reason why. Which I admit somewhat changed the direction of the thread.
    Henry Irving then threw in a curve ball about Stuart Leary and how I often mention him to which we swapped one or two tongue in cheek messages.....again me explaining I have no problem discussing what achievements ex-players had whilst they were playing for Charlton.
    I repeat I have not read any of the stuff re Lookman since he left us, I have no interest whatsoever.
    Read my first post, especially the final sentence and then the rest of the thread, then maybe you'll just possibly twig on to what I'm trying to tell you.

How did you know, if you don't read the thread ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2017

• Options

Everton being knocked out the Europa league would be terrible for Lookman. Even though, he wasnt selected on Thursday I feel he would probably end up back in the under 23s without the extra matches.

They've still got the rest of their group matches first, another 5 games.

Everton's transfer dealing was curious as they used the Lukaku money to buy several good players, but none that actually replaced Lukaku, who for the last 2 seasons has been their key player
  • Options

I'll send you a personal message as I know how much you appreciate them.
    LOL!
  • Options

They've still got the rest of their group matches first, another 5 games.

Everton's transfer dealing was curious as they used the Lukaku money to buy several good players, but none that actually replaced Lukaku, who for the last 2 seasons has been their key player
    And they bought Klaasen, Rooney and Sigurdsson who all pretty much play in the same position.