Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain..

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Well done queeny for having a life of uber privilege and living to 90.. Such an achievement

15000 official engagements up to the age of 87, that's a privilege I'm happy to forgo. How many you done boring bloke?
    Walks about and shakes kids hands, it's not like she swings a pick 6 days a week.

If I get of my arse and work 5 days a week it's piss easy to beat that number and that's without someone to wipe said arse and brush my teeth
    She's better than you so bore off sunshine
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Well done queeny for having a life of uber privilege and living to 90.. Such an achievement

15000 official engagements up to the age of 87, that's a privilege I'm happy to forgo. How many you done boring bloke?
    Walks about and shakes kids hands, it's not like she swings a pick 6 days a week.

If I get of my arse and work 5 days a week it's piss easy to beat that number and that's without someone to wipe said arse and brush my teeth
    Ah bore off, you're either pwopper nawty or been watching Danny dyer movies.. Either way I better quit now

• Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Ah bore off, you're either pwopper nawty or been watching Danny dyer movies.. Either way I better quit now

Pmsl What is Dyeresque about anything I said, Russell Brand?
  • Options
    Squabbling. It's what she'd have wanted.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

Do you have to?

No, but a sense of perspective is always useful
    Sad, bitter little man!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

She's better than you...
    That, in a nutshell, is my problem with the whole idea of the monarchy, or any other system of inherited privilege. The Queen is inherently no better or worse than any other person. She's a human being, same as you or I, who has, by pure luck, inherited vast wealth and lived a life of privilege. The fact that she has conducted herself with dignity and shown great devotion to her role does her credit but that is because of what she does, not what she is.

Even the forms of address used for the monarchy make my stomach turn. 'Majesty', 'Highness' etc. #vomit

Happy Birthday to a hard working old lady. The fact that she's the Queen is of no interest to me.
    So you would consider yourself lucky to have your life mapped out for you from birth and be on public display for 95% of the time that you are away from your front door for 90 years? There's no money on Earth would be enough for me to commit to that sort of life and that's why I think she at least deserves respect for living it faultlessly
  • Options

Rizzo said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

She's better than you...
    That, in a nutshell, is my problem with the whole idea of the monarchy, or any other system of inherited privilege. The Queen is inherently no better or worse than any other person. She's a human being, same as you or I, who has, by pure luck, inherited vast wealth and lived a life of privilege. The fact that she has conducted herself with dignity and shown great devotion to her role does her credit but that is because of what she does, not what she is.

Even the forms of address used for the monarchy make my stomach turn. 'Majesty', 'Highness' etc. #vomit

Happy Birthday to a hard working old lady. The fact that she's the Queen is of no interest to me.
    So you would consider yourself lucky to have your life mapped out for you from birth and be on public display for 95% of the time that you are away from your front door for 90 years? There's no money on Earth would be enough for me to commit to that sort of life and that's why I think she at least deserves respect for living it faultlessly
    Hence my comment about respecting what she does not what she is.

• Options
    Not a dry eye in Chateau ibborg as Her Majesty meets the good people on the streets of Windsor. Remarkable
  • Options
    Happy birthday Liz. We will be sorry when you go thats for sure. Ps. Please ignore all the graceless ignorant cnuts, for they only spout what graceless ignorant cnuts taught them... I thank you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elizabeth the 1st of the U.K., surely.

Any ways, happy birthday and I hope you have many more (mainly to save us from your son !).
  • Options
    Elizabeth the 1st of the U.K., surely.

Any ways, happy birthday and I hope you have many more (mainly to save us from your son !).
  • Options
    Is there a parrot in here?
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

Do you have to?

Sad, bitter little man!

The only reason I'm bitter is that the country won't be gushing over my nan for working her whole life and reaching 90
  • Options
    If you're offended by the monarchy then you need a reality check.
    If you 'hate' them, you need a life.

God bless you Ma'am.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

Do you have to?

Sad, bitter little man!

The only reason I'm bitter is that the country won't be gushing over my nan for working her whole life and reaching 90
    Nor mine, but I wouldn't want the whole Country gushing over either of my nans 90's. Why would you?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

Do you have to?

Sad, bitter little man!

I sympathise and on any other day I would join you in your sentiments, but give it a rest, just for today.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

D_F_T said:

shine166 said:

Do you have to?

Sad, bitter little man!

The Queen is just as entitled as your nan to have well wishers.

The only difference is that her life just happens to be on view and scrutinised by millions rather than a close group of friends and family. Whatever "gushing" your nan gets from her friends and family is not lessened just because the Queen has a wider range of well wishers.

Your bitterness is entirely an affectation, no human is that shallow.

• Options
    Happy Birthday Maam and many more. Exemplerally life's service to our nation. Pretty sure it will never be equalled.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

You haven't got a clue. Her whole life has been in service and duty. She is respected around the world, even by her once fiercest enemies. Diehard Irish Republicans have reappraised their view of the Queen following her historic vist to Ireland when she addressed them in Gaelic and was prepared to apologise for any ills of the past, irrespective of circumstances. This from a woman who has seen close family murdered by Republicans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't know why the lady gets so much stick, sure she has been born into and enjoyed a life of privilege none of us can dream off , I think she's well respected in this country and has been a good ambassador for Britain, more so than any politician in recent memory, happy birthday Liz!
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

If I get of off my arse and work 5 days a week it's piss easy to beat that number and that's without someone to wipe said arse and brush my teeth
    You're welcome
  • Options
    Congrats QE2, never seems to change and just goes on and on,like her good old mum, there must be something in the water, or gin, at the palace.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

If I get of off my arse and work 5 days a week it's piss easy to beat that number and that's without someone to wipe said arse and brush my teeth
    You're welcome
    Cheers fuck nuts
  • Options

Orf with her head.

shine166 said:

Wankers
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Yeah, but that's a big if isn't it mate?

From memory youre some sort of artist hippy dropout who hasn't done a proper days work in your life.

It's ok. No need to reply.
  • Options
    "Your Majesty, mummy, I find it very hard to believe that you have reached your 90th year, and I suddenly realised the other day that I've known you since you were 22-years-old."

Chazza boy, sorry, but she's reached her 91st year. Does KM write your speeches?
  • Options
    Just wish she'd sort out her Bridge!!
  • Options
    Couldn't disagree with a monarchy anymore myself. Being born in to a world where you live in ultimate luxury, travel the world without spending a penny and having every need you'll ever have tended to you. What has she ever done to deserve it? The idea of being addressed as your highness and all that crap is beyond me, I'd be embarrassed to have people saying that and bowing down to me.

But, ultimately no matter what your opinion on her/them is, you have to respect them for the reputation and effect they've had not only on our country but around the world. There's nothing like it anywhere. Now I'm not going to act like flying to Australia being driven around and shaking a few hands and maybe making a quick speech is slave labour but she seems to do a pretty good job of it.
  • Options
    If she was a ponce as some on here make her out to be, she coulda not bothered being the 'Queen', jacked it all in and still lived an extremely privileged life without all the hassle that goes with it. But, she's stuck with it and her service has been exemplary IMO.

If you are a republican then fair enough, but surely that's an argument worth having on another thread