Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ATTENTION ALL: CHARLTON LIFE CHARITY RECORD

After a 7 year absence, 3Blokes has organised for us all to get back in the recording studio and record a charity single in aid of our Demelza appeal !

'Proud to be an Addick' is a comedy single, that is not going to require you to have any singing ability whatsoever, but we need as many to come along as possible.

From 7pm - 9.30pm, next Wednesday 16th May, we will be meeting in the Lord Herbert pub in Plumstead / Shooters Hill (details linked below). We will then be going in groups of 4/5 into the studio in the neighbouring road, recording one verse and one chorus, then back in the pub. The various groups recordings will then be sampled together for the finished product, which will be on sale at the charity game.

Anyone who did this before will tell you how funny it was and what a great night. Its a chance to do something completely different, have a laugh and a drink, and feel like you've 'played your part'. And believe me you'll be chuckling at the cheesy tune !

As said, we need a good turnout so please add your names below:

Lord Herbert (last time we did this, the landlord was so chuffed he bought everyone a drink !)

http://fancyapint.com/pubs/pub2939.html

Comments

• Options
    lord herbert

what time?
  • Options
    Count me in. Happy to do the photography too....
  • Options
    sorry, we'll be meeting from 7 and the recordings will be going on between 7-9.30, depending on how many come along.

it will also be useful to go over the details of the charity day with people
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Count me in. Happy to do the photography too....

just don't get so drunk you throw up on the train home like you did last time !
  • Options
    Awesome!
  • Options
    Great idea, count me in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Count me in. Happy to do the photography too....

just don't get so drunk you throw up on the train home like you did last time !

You've got a good memory Bart, I'll give you that...!

Can you invite Al the Addick too please - no idea how I'd have got to the station without him virtually carrying me down to the platform! ;-)
  • Options
    I'm in! Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    I will of course be there la la la la...Ali von code, the fish coming in from the breeze I am dire, is alway to be please to know about Ali von code.

You will be providing song sheets?
  • Options
    Al the Addick, Medders and Solid reunion!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Al the Addick, Medders and Solid reunion!

Sounds good, just as long as that rogue Jack Daniels doesn't turn up...
  • Options
    CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife's birthday and taking her to a concert, tickets already booked, so can't join you.

Damn, stardom snatched away, just when I thought I was so close, and I thought I'd be a cert for Eurovision after this! :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]lord herbert

what time?

Lucky Soul gig?
  • Options
    lucky soul gig too so a few wont be able tomake it on here. i havent booked mine yet tho.
  • Options
    methinks - unlucky souls
  • Options
    sod lucky soul, they gig every month !!

come on, you know you want to !!
  • Options
    Been there, done it. ;-)

Would like to but don't think I can make it. Great idea mind.
  • Options
    3blokes, Jon to me.. is young David going, we said we would all go on a pissup before I went, good timing!

Tom
  • Options
    It's one of those venerable boozers you find all over London: worn upholstery, a skeletal selection of beer (no real ale),

No real Ale blimey
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite] Lucky Soul gig?

yip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Important to stress that with this song any singing ability might actually be a hindrance ;)
    Yeah Tom good idea, Dave will be there tapping me up for a free pint ;)
    I'll have the song pretty much all ready for Sunday, so perhaps we can stick it up on this board somehow for you to have a listen and get those vocals finely tuned.:)
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Obviously I won't be able to make it, being out of the country and all, but brilliant idea! Can't wait to hear it.

@3blokes: yup, can post the tune. Send it to this address when you're ready.
  • Options
    I would love to be there, are these times nailed on? as its the last training session before the big day which starts at 7.30 for an hour its only in Eltham so I`d be in pub by 9.00ish.
  • Options
    that's fine TCE, see you there.
  • Options
    I'm in for sure,

Should be a good giggle seeing as I missed the last one
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I heard a rumour that Rommerdahl is doing a cover of "Please release me, let me go" : )
  • Options
    Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    As my venture with stardom nears, my debut (hopefully) at The Valley and our pending hit single and to save any confusion with our friend Covered End, I will now use the handle T.C.E.
    yours sincerely
    T.C.E
    "The artist formally known as The Covered End" ; )
  • Options
    Shoud we arrange a raffle on wednesday night?
  • Options
    Solid,

I believe there is one being organised and expect some serious high pressure sales techniques to be used on the day to extract money :-))