Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Counting the Days 'Til Roland Duchatelet Sells Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options

Bloody ell. Can't he just fuck off..

I'd have Pardew back as manager and we named a stand after him if it got rid of Roland.

The devil or the deep blue Sea Canters.

We get rid of the Female big nose,
    and we have Mr Big nose back.

TBF your idea is not to be sneezed at.
  • Options
    Mr Duchatelet has kindly made sure that Mr big nosed twat doesn't even make the top three worst Charlton managers ever. Seems positively brilliant when compared with Fromage Fraeye.
  • Options

Bloody ell. Can't he just fuck off..

I'de Pardew back as manager and we named a stand after him if it got rid of Roland.

I think having Pards back is a bit over the top but get the point.

The idea of naming a stand after Rolly may have legs as it would appeal to his ego. The problem I can see with that is that he would not see this as particularly relevant or symbolic of his tenure as he has probably forgotten what a stand is for, and certainly what it looks like.

I think that both he and the fair minded amongst us would agree that his greatest contribution to our club lies in the development of the training ground. Naming the club house after him was the obvious choice, but again not particularly relevant.

After a lot of thought, it came to me. What more fitting than to name the area where the recycling bins are kept after him. It reflects the policy of recycling all those shit players/managers from club to club and the rubbish we are now as a club.

So Rolly, if you agree to leave by Christmas I hereby promise to have a plaque made in your honour and seek permission to have the area dedicated to your tenure of our great club.

If anyone has suggestions for suitable words to use I would be grateful. Please refrain from using the words "fuck" and "off" , or indeed any other profanities as it will hopefully be displayed where young people will see it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Is that Belgian cnut still here?
  • Options
    Oh dear God, is he still here?

May start going to church.
  • Options
    Roland, if you sell to a Charlton fan friendly owner for a reasonable amount say; 16 Millions for a struggling League 1 club seems fair.
    We will chant Roland every time we play Bolton in memory of your one and only game at the valley. (may have to be a cup game as Bolton will be in a higher division from next season)

A statue will be built of you next to Sam Bartram to remind fans of the struggles. The saliva covered Effigy will be apt.

On second thoughts CARD will have a whip round and build a FOLLY.

Oh my Days.
    oh fuck.........
  • Options
    Well, the senile fool is still our owner with his merry band of incompetents also still in place.

I think I'll ask my son to write 'Roland to sell' on his letter to Father Christmas as that would be a much better present than the fish tank I was thinking of getting.

And we could then buy half-season tickets.

You know it makes sense Roly. I'll even send you a thank you card.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Well, the senile fool is still our owner with his merry band of incompetents also still in place.

I think I'll ask my son to write 'Roland to sell' on his letter to Father Christmas as that would be a much better present than the fish tank I was thinking of getting.

And we could then buy half-season tickets.

You know it makes sense Roly. I'll even send you a thank you card.

Don't bother with the fish tank. Loads of effort and all the little sods do is swim around a bit then die. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I know.

Ex bought the boy a small fish bowl shaped tank to have in my house unsolicited (thanks), and I did no prep, bought a few neons and stick them in. Unsurprisingly they died.

Rather more surprisingly, when son's homework came back it was a picture of a fish bowl with some fish floating on the top with the caption 'Daddy bought dying fish'

Happy days.

Still have committed to go again so fish tank it is. Going to get it over the next few weeks and do a proper job this time so the tank is empty. It ready for Christmas.
  • Options

Yeah I know.

Ex bought the boy a small fish bowl shaped tank to have in my house unsolicited (thanks), and I did no prep, bought a few neons and stick them in. Unsurprisingly they died.

Rather more surprisingly, when son's homework came back it was a picture of a fish bowl with some fish floating on the top with the caption 'Daddy bought dying fish'

Happy days.

Still have committed to go again so fish tank it is. Going to get it over the next few weeks and do a proper job this time so the tank is empty. It ready for Christmas.

Brilliant!!!!
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Day 1025.
    It's Monday morning. How about you just sell up and we'll all try and forget it ever happened? You can spend that extra 1.5% of your time on something that benefits mankind or even on beauty treatments if you prefer.
    Whatever you like, no one is bothered, just stop wasting yours and everybody else's time with all this nonsense at Charlton. Just let it go, you must have heard the song. And you can blame us. It's not you, it's us. We just don't like you. But how about you give it up as a bad job and let someone else have all the inconvenience of owning Charlton? Give all of us an early Christmas present, so it's a case of you're not here, thank fuck...
    But until then, old mate I'm afraid it's -
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......

1. He doesn't attend games. Has no emotional attachment. No natural interest. No interest after purchase. So, in that case, Charlton better make him some money or provide a service like no other, otherwise it's a pointless burden to have isn't it?, "Just another thing" on top of many things it appears.

Wait?! It makes LESS then no money?!

2. He has spent a lot of money on the club. Even if interest is pending (what a bastard), although it's still a lot of money to put in...for no immediate returning benefit to himself.

3. His business reputation has been severely damaged. He is mocked in the English and Belgian press. (Though still rich. Perhaps water off a ducks back)
    I doubt it though. That statement said a lot about the bloke.

4. His children will be inheriting a lot of money. That money is attached to businesses of now a tarnished reputation. So a complete unnecessary burden on their part, potentially. Considering his age.

(Maybe a lawyer has drawn up something different and Meire would inherit Charlton and claim to watch every game from her Dubai beach house) keohane CEO.

Oh, potential fuck.

5. His methods from top to bottom, have been the reason why Charlton got relegated. He has completely failed in his approach in almost every way. His approach carries no logic of possible success in the football industry either.

We are a middle sized to big club in the championship. That's where we should be. At the bare minimum.

6. Although recruitment has changed. The type of personnel relevant to the division has been altered. Something is still severely going wrong. We had a long pre season to prepare but, even so, we are currently struggling in league one.

So. A shortlist for possible reasons he sticks around.

1. Big Ego. Stubborn. Doesn't want to get told what to do by fans.

2. He wants his money back plus more, so, for him, the purchase of Charlton was not a complete waste of time.
    It's not going to happen. For your likely asking price someone could probably buy a club like Newcastle United. If they have that kind of money and wish to buy a club. What do you think they are going to do?

Roland you Pratt. Football is more then just a business. It affects a lot of people's lives in good and bad ways. It's a complex and sometimes wonderful thing, that you old man have no understanding of.

3. It's a favour to Meire to get her career going. They know each other on a personal level and perhaps have for a while.

4. He thinks FFP will come back. He's waiting for something.

I'm guessing it's a combination of all 4.

OH FUCK.
  • Options
    Day 1026.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck.....
  • Options
    I took the weekend to reflect on the matter and yes, i still hate the yellow toothed gaffer taped Belgian twat!

GO!!!!
  • Options
    Time to go Roland,
    Time to go,
    Time to go Roland,
    Time to go,
    Time to go Roland,
    Time to go,
    Ohh Roland time to go.

Please fuck off.
  • Options
    Day 1027.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......
  • Options
    Day 1028.
    Remember we are his children, but we are only worth 1.5% of his time, because there are other more important things to him, that are worth a lot more.
    They spout SO much patronising rubbish between them and he's still here.
    OH FUCK...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Odd ode to the odious one.

A giggle a day keeps the bad fans away,
    Our Charlton history you do betray.
    Your goons take the banners off the fan's back,
    why the fuck have you not been given the sack ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Day 1032.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck....
  • Options
    Day 1033.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck..
  • Options
    He still Here,
    Yet he's never here.
    oh fuck........
  • Options
    A bit early for you 3blokes. I guess the hour going back has messed up your sleep pattern.
  • Options
    Perhaps Roland needs a new challenge to motivate him.

If he were able to sell the club within say 50 days from today that would be a monumental success for himself and KM and the rest of the SMT and he can leave feeling happy with the lack of failure.

It would also be a great Christmas present and I might even send a thank you note thanking him profusely for his wisdom in selling and the joy he had brought to so many people around Christmas time.

• Options
    Was just about to say "I think a group of us should find Roland in his shed all alone and just scare the f*cking shit out of him continuously"

Though nah don't, will probably find myself interrogated by MI6.
  • Options
    Hi Rolo, I bet you a crisp, crackerly tenner that you can't unload this club before the year end.
  • Options

A bit early for you 3blokes. I guess the hour going back has messed up your sleep pattern.

It's playing havoc with me sleep patterns, Arsene, don't know what I'm doing!
    Meanwhile -
    Day 1034.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck....