Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• What would people prefer - keep hold of the current squad (Fox, Lookman, Tex) and not sign anyone.
    Or sell say Lookman and bring in Henry and Thompson on loan?

Not saying that's what the options are, just wondering.

Think I'd rather the first option, even though it leaves us very short in midfield.
  • I don't know why I even got a little bit excited that we might bring in a couple of decent midfielders at the end of the window. They have been useless in every window, selling first before missing out on all targets. All BS to get a few more people to buy a season ticket?

If we don't sign anyone at least we only have 4 months to play with just enough players to fulfil a match-day squad.

I hope we do sign someone, please something to be positive about!
  • SSNHQ at Palarse reporting, still not mentioned Lookman at all
  • sam3110 said:

Just seen Juan Cuadrado has joined juventus on a three year long loan. WTF is that all about?

That's surely more of a hire purchase deal than a loan?
  • tgarrat1 said:

James Henry is at sparrows lane

Would be a brilliant signing, I wanted him in champ. Cawley thinks he's Brighton bound though
  • Valley11 said:

What would people prefer - keep hold of the current squad (Fox, Lookman, Tex) and not sign anyone.

Think I'd rather the first option, even though it leaves us very short in midfield.

I'm with you. I can stomach the disappointment of no midfield reinforcements if Lookman is still an Addick at 23.01.
  • What time will Lookman's sale be announced?

Probably when he runs out of the tunnel for the first time at his new club.
  • David Luiz is walking along St Pancras Station. You heard it here first.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Just seen Juan Cuadrado has joined juventus on a three year long loan. WTF is that all about?

Apparently paying a 5m per year loan fee and can buy him at any time during the 3 years for an agreed fee of 25m
  • tgarrat1 said:

James Henry is at sparrows lane

Is this a wind up or is it true ???

Nah. It's Sideshow Bob.
  • What happens with medicals when players like Lookman are away?
  • Tough choice for Wilshere - Roma or Palarse?

And a kick in the teeth for Pardew when he elects to play for another English Manager at Bournemouth. If they can keep Wilshere fit it will be a massive coup for them.
  • edited August 2016
    Peter_G said:

Valley11 said:

What would people prefer - keep hold of the current squad (Fox, Lookman, Tex) and not sign anyone.

I'm with you. I can stomach the disappointment of no midfield reinforcements if Lookman is still an Addick at 23.01.
    Agreed. I also wouldn't mind if we gave Ba a shot. I know he's not perfect but he brings something different to the midfield. I've been disappointed that Slade hasn't tried working with and coaching some of the fringe players from last year who have enough potential to be good in this division--THD, Ba, CC. Obviously it's not ideal, but it's what a coach does. If you can harness his ability, Ba is exactly the type of player we need, athletic, rangy, good technique and range of passing.

Bringing in 15 new players was always going to be hard, and when you add on signing fees and transfer fees (in a couple cases) and agents fees even if a player is a drop in wage bringing in new players is expensive. Not to mention getting people in the door, getting them to gel, etc. It's one of my big objections to the British style manager "who can't be judged until he has 'His Team.'"
  • Iv'e been out all day , how many signings has Katrien got over the line ?
  • Rudd, Phillips
    Solly, Foley
    Fox, Chicksen
    Pearce, Bauer
    Konsa, Teixeira
    Lennon, Johnson
    Holmes
    Lookman
    Crofts, Jackson
    Novak, Magennis
    Ajose, KAG
    Umerah, Hanlan

Need a winger and a central midfielder still, 4 and a half hours left to get other teams' players...
  • Excellent opening par on Football Insider. "Tottenham are looking to sign Charlton winger Ademola Lookman before the transfer deadline, according to a reliable journalist." That would be as opposed to all the third-party stories they publish from utterly unreliable ones?
  • Sponsored links:

Done by a local doc/physio maybe even the England clinicians

We've signed six players so far... Lookman has gone to Palace though yet we're trying to sign a seventh

Make yourself a cuppa....
    I'll tell you all about them

They drive them/fly them back. Hart flew to Turin to sign for Torino and is now on his way back to St George's Park

Intersting route to Stamford Bridge
  • edited August 2016
    dickplumb said:

We all know that nobody is coming through the door.

Does Nobody pass the height test? And Watt is Noone up to these days?

Make yourself a cuppa....
    I'll tell you all about them

Pour yourself a pint of gin. It will make the news more tolerable
  • Rossman92 said:

David Luiz is walking along St Pancras Station. You heard it here first.

Eurostar from Paris, not that weird
  • sam3110 said:

Rossman92 said:

David Luiz is walking along St Pancras Station. You heard it here first.

Eurostar from Paris, not that weird
    There's a pic of him on twitter at the station
  • Much more likely that's heading towards SE7 with some shit network import inside