Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Someone offers 1.5 million for cousins we accept.
    Someone offers 1.25 million for fox we say no.
    You couldn't make it up

Difference is clearly this time we had common sense to realise if we sell with less than 24 hours to go how will we replace him. So actually we made the right decision to reject the offer for fox
  • Wait hang on I think I saw someone said that we're "leaving it very late keeping Tex and Lookman"

I mean don't get me wrong I get the sentiment but surely if we keep players we are literally by definition leaving it late
  • jams said:

Fox / wendies "rumour" sounds like propaganda put out by club

Except the rumours of Fox going last week from ITK posters made them look even more totally inept, if thats possible.
  • Would we have got more for Pope, Cousins and JBG had we held them until today and been able to sell Watt to some desperate Championship club like Derby.
  • Ahh, the tricky to get over the line deal we heard about. RD keeps phoning the owner of CZJ and getting an engaged signal.
    He'll be the chap in that ambulance!
  • Ok as much as you all (myself included) don't want to admit it..

But if we have rejected up to 4.5m for lookman and 2m for Fox then credit then credit needs to go to the club for doing so.

Although it's not 11pm yet...

But we're still short on players. Considerably. Why should I give them credit when we supposedly have a top six budget and Kevin Foley as our first choice central midfielder?
  • Could Tex still be loaned out after the UK transfer window? Are any European ones still open?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ok as much as you all (myself included) don't want to admit it..

But if we have rejected up to 4.5m for lookman and 2m for Fox then credit then credit needs to go to the club for doing so.

Although it's not 11pm yet...

But we're still short on players. Considerably. Why should I give them credit when we supposedly have a top six budget and Kevin Foley as our first choice central midfielder?
    Not that I am an apologist - far from it - but he's not. He's here for five months, presumably while Diarra and Kashi get fit.
  • 2 million for Fox ...and we rejected it! Wow.
  • SDAddick said:

Someone offers 1.5 million for cousins we accept.
    You couldn't make it up

Cousins wanted to go and may or may not have had a buyout clause. Fox doesn't on both counts.
    My point is the fees involved however much you may like fox. Cousins is worth ten fox's ffs
    Cousins wanted to leave - Fox wants to stay.

We were in a strong place to negotiate fees with Fox - whereas we were destined to sell Cousins - hence the disappointing fee
  • SDAddick said:

You couldn't make it up

Cousins wanted to go and may or may not have had a buyout clause. Fox doesn't on both counts.
    My point is the fees involved however much you may like fox. Cousins is worth ten fox's ffs
    As a left back?
  • SDAddick said:

You couldn't make it up

But you can't just take fees in isolation. There are a lot of factors that go into a transfer fee, and that's what I was trying to point out. All things being equal yes Cousins should be worth far more than Fox but all things aren't equal.
  • Sheffield Wednesday wasted money on Wiggins, will they never learn?
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You couldn't make it up

But you can't just take fees in isolation. There are a lot of factors that go into a transfer fee, and that's what I was trying to point out. All things being equal yes Cousins should be worth far more than Fox but all things aren't equal.
    Ok mate i agree .
    Now can we move on for fox sake
  • edited August 2016
    SDAddick said:

I think at some point those who don't rate Fox have to admit that some very decent clubs do
    He's shit - snap their hands off, take the money.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Fortune 82nd Minute said:
    » show previous quotes
    Williams is actually a very good call. But i suspect you're right about him not wanting to drop down to League 1. (And frankly if I was in his shoes nor would given that less than six weeks ago he was playing in the Euros)
    sO WAS rOBSON-kAN

SDAddick said:

I think at some point those who don't rate Fox have to admit that some very decent clubs do
    He's shit - snap their hands off, take the money.
    exactly, and now Robson-Kanu will be playing in the Prem.
  • Would we have got more for Pope, Cousins and JBG had we held them until today and been able to sell Watt to some desperate Championship club like Derby.

Maybe, but would we have been able to sign some of the players we already have and desperately needed if we hadn't shifted a least one of two of those players already?

As always, shades of grey with all these issues - never black and white.
  • 3 hours till bedtime....
  • Leuth said:

Cousins is in no way worth 10x more than Fox.

Loyalty is.
  • I'd have taken 750k!!
  • Just got in from work...what have I missed?

Do we still need to be patient?

Are those 48 Slade hours finally up?

Will we sign those 2 extra players?

Don't we normally do most of our business after the window has shut and free agents are desperately trying to find a club, any club, to regain their fitness levels?

Maybe, but would we have been able to sign some of the players we already have and desperately needed if we hadn't shifted a least one of two of those players already?

As always, shades of grey with all these issues - never black and white.
    Yes as we are owned by a billionaire so £5M in or so on those 3 did not have to make all the difference to our in comings. JBG and Cousins were certainly sold at such low amounts I can't believe we could not have got more by holding for an extra month or so.