Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europa League Final

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

I expect Liverpool to be top four next year.

Wouldn't be surprised, the lack of European fixtures will be a bigger help than any signings they could make.
  • Options
    Hat trick of wins for Sevilla .. and a Spanish/Madrid club will win the big one this weekend .. what price Spain for the national Euros ?
  • Options
    Liverpool poor 2nd half coutino non existent , Moreno that's got to be the worse 2nd half performance I've seen from any player let alone a left back and that includes Morgan fox .
  • Options
    Positive was the performance of the English players.
  • Options
    Shame Sakho wasnt playing for Liverpool, he'd have had Coke in his back pocket
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Hope the Scousers get stuffed. Disturbances inside the ground already, Liverpool fans presumably blameless as usual.

Flagged twice for that, jeez.....
  • Options

Klopp really starting to live up to the hype now. Seville tactics have aided them so far, but they really are a dynamic side when given the opportunity to be. If they have a decent transfer window they will be real challengers next season.

Game of two halves and all that.

• Options
    I agree with SELR that Sturridge just gave up when Seville took the lead. One pass from Milner down the line gave him a chance to run at the back line but he slowed allowing the Seville player to win it easily. He's too moody to be relied on when the going gets tough. He can be brilliant but is unreliable.
    This defeat allows Liverpool to challenge for mediocrity again next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

I expect Liverpool to be top four next year.

Of what?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

First caller to 5Live a Liverpool fan with a very non-Scouse accent blaming Klopp for playing understrength Prem teams and losing too many games to gamble on winning this competion. Worse Prem finish since Souness was manager he said. Wonder what he thought after Dortmund? Tosser.

Just in from spending 3 hours sitting next to Graeme Souness - his driver keeping us informed of the score.

He rates Klopp very highly, backs Arsenal for the title next season and, having told me his (second) wife controls his finances, I asked him if he could ask her if she could buy our club.
    His response in a nutshell is that we are a basket case!

An absolutely top man, who showed time and again tonight he has a heart of gold.

Have to admit to a large dose of man love for such a great guy.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Riviera said:

First caller to 5Live a Liverpool fan with a very non-Scouse accent blaming Klopp for playing understrength Prem teams and losing too many games to gamble on winning this competion. Worse Prem finish since Souness was manager he said. Wonder what he thought after Dortmund? Tosser.

Just in from spending 3 hours sitting next to Graeme Souness - his driver keeping us informed of the score.

He rates Klopp very highly, backs Arsenal for the title next season and, having told me his (second) wife controls his finances, I asked him if he could ask her if she could buy our club.

An absolutely top man, who showed time and again tonight he has a heart of gold.

Souness took too much blame for the decline of Liverpool. They were a bunch of aging stars and seemed to be affected more than most by the changes in the back pass laws - remember those days? They could be pretty negative away from home.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Riviera said:

Souness took too much blame for the decline of Liverpool. They were a bunch of aging stars and seemed to be affected more than most by the changes in the back pass laws - remember those days? They could be pretty negative away from home.
    Fascinating insight into the loss of power of managers.
    If he bollocked a Newcastle player, they would sit and grin, then get with their multi million pound mates and deliberately underperform whilst on the phone to their agents who went to the chairman.
    Chairman has the choice of shipping out £100 million worth of players or the relatively worthless asset of a manager.

Worst player he ever managed?
    Andy Cole
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Pretty disgusting to see Liverpool fans fighting at a European final.

Someone else mentioned Heysel and it makes me think that perhaps it has been forgotten too easily with all the emphasis on the Hillsborough tragedy.

Hillsborough - police and touts to blame. (people only turned up on mass without tickets because they hoped to get one from a tout)

Heysel - totally the fans fault. Don't blame the stadium - poor as it was. If the riot hadn't happened, those Italians would still be alive.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/05/what-about-justice-for-heysel/

According to Twitter reports the Liverpool fans booed the Seville lineup and they went for Liverpool fans. Poor planning by the stadium rather than Liverpool fans looking for a Punch up.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Hope the Scousers get stuffed. Disturbances inside the ground already, Liverpool fans presumably blameless as usual.

I didn't flag you but probably worth qualifying statements like that. Heysel blatantly their fault, Hillsborough not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool fans are walking breathing parodies of themselves.
  • Options
    Milner did well in that match particularly in the first half and his post match interview did him real credit .never really rated him too highly but am happy that he is in the Euro squad.both Can and Moreno were totally shit and might have played their last games in Liverpool .
  • Options
    Milner is a class act
  • Options
    Klopp has annoyed me still talking about handball decisions. You lost well and truly mate. Outclassed by better opposition. Keep quiet.
  • Options
    Yeah Klopp has let himself down with that.
  • Options
    Also, at 35 my goodness is Toure still fast. Never noticed that about him.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

So much more class than his brother. If Yaya had that attitude he would be world class.
  • Options
    ashley said:

Milner did well in that match particularly in the first half and his post match interview did him real credit .never really rated him too highly but am happy that he is in the Euro squad.both Can and Moreno were totally shit and might have played their last games in Liverpool .

I rate Can - willbe a very good player in a couple of years.

Moreno is a complete and utter liability though.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

dizzee said:

So much more class than his brother. If Yaya had that attitude he would be world class.
    I agree about his attitude but...

I think if Rooney has been called world class for the past decade I think Yaya has been universal class.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

You're not allowed to slag of Cilla's saints.