Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Up yours Pardew!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016

JiMMy 85 said:

I took a look at their message board to soak up the post-Swansea pain. There's very, very little love for Allardyce there. Some of them think they can poach Brendan Rogers from Celtic (!) and even then, many of them don't want him. Likewise, some of them think they can tempt Warburton from Rangers!

It's astonishing how deluded they are.

"Coleman, Hodgson, Fat Sam and the like of have had there chance and never really done anything in Management."

Nobody dislikes Palarse more than me - look at my user name. So I hate to say this but sadly they are not deluded to think they could nick Rogers or Warburton from Celtic or Rangers respectively.
    Warburton maybe, but I don't believe they can get Rodgers. The deluded comment was more about some of them thinking they are too good Rodgers and Allardyce!
  • Options

whilst scottish football is in a state, the old firm are still massive clubs and would not let their managers walk away to some wanky little club without being heavily compensated.

like em or loathe em they are both much bigger clubs than CP

Agree, but heavily compensating them is still a drop in the ocean for any premier league club. Don't think Rodgers would go to Palace, but if he was up for it, Palace would happily and comfortably pay a few million quid for someone who can keep them on the gravy train.

The money you get for being in that division now is astronomical compared to anywhere else on Europe. Think Palace are now one of the top 30 clubs in Europe based on turnover, just from being in the Premier League
  • Options

They could get Warburton but no way Rodgers will leave Celtic after only 6 months. He's reportedly on 45k a week at Celtic, i'd imagine that's far more than what Palace are paying Pardew.

I don't know - they paid Pullis a bonus alone of £2m to keep them up. Perhaps they'll do the same with Pards and perhaps that's why he's allowed the side to drop like a stone.
    Well, Pulis has to pay his bonus back, so they'll have a bit more money to play with soon...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/28/tony-pulis-crystal-palace-appeal

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I took a look at their message board to soak up the post-Swansea pain. There's very, very little love for Allardyce there. Some of them think they can poach Brendan Rogers from Celtic (!) and even then, many of them don't want him. Likewise, some of them think they can tempt Warburton from Rangers!

It's astonishing how deluded they are.

"Coleman, Hodgson, Fat Sam and the like of have had there chance and never really done anything in Management."

Nobody dislikes Palarse more than me - look at my user name. So I hate to say this but sadly they are not deluded to think they could nick Rogers or Warburton from Celtic or Rangers respectively.
    Warburton maybe, but I don't believe they can get Rodgers. The deluded comment was more about some of them thinking they are too good Rodgers and Allardyce!
    Parrish has already spoken with Rodgers. A week before their BetFred Cup final as well

• Options
    That's not quite the same as getting him. We shall see soon enough.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    another thing with the whole pardew/palace relegation is you know your in trouble when other teams around you start picking up result and you can only manage to throw a 4-3 lead away - thats got to effect the players and hopefully carries on.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I see Zaha wants to switch to the Ivory Coast. Perfect timing for him to miss several weeks at the African Nations cup!

Great to see the small Premier League clubs nurturing English talent.
    he isn't even English so should never have played for them in the first place
  • Options

whilst scottish football is in a state, the old firm are still massive clubs and would not let their managers walk away to some wanky little club without being heavily compensated.

like em or loathe em they are both much bigger clubs than CP

Indeed, manage in front of 50k crowds in Scotland with the chance to win silverwear and European football or try and keep some little wanky club away from relegation? Obviously it's who ever pays the most!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fiiish said:

I see Zaha wants to switch to the Ivory Coast. Perfect timing for him to miss several weeks at the African Nations cup!

One of my few soap box issues.

Players being permitted to play for a nation via residency instead of birth, parents, grandparents (at a push).....should be abolished from all sport.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Fiiish said:

Players being permitted to play for a nation via residency instead of birth, parents, grandparents (at a push).....should be abolished from all sport.
    with you on this, isnt ibra this for sweden?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Parrish really is a busy guy at the moment, looking at all the possible options open to him.

Not sure if the new owner has been pushing to find a suitable alternative to Pardew, but Woy Hodgson is the latest to be spoken to about the role of manager.

#savealan
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited December 2016

Fiiish said:

with you on this, isnt ibra this for sweden?
    Ibrahimovic was born in Malmo.

Palace could easily get Warburton if they wanted. Whether they want to appoint a manager who this week masterminded defeat to MK Dons' new manager is another question. I don't think they could get Rodgers yet, but he won't want to stay in Glasgow too long without European success.

#savealan
  • Options
    Don't want to click and read, but hoping that the answer is...no it f**king won't!!! . :smile:
  • Options
    Roberto Mancini the latest name linked to the job if Pardew goes
  • Options
    So typical of what Pardew does.

His teams usually start brightly when he takes over.....then it just always eventually goes the same direction. It all crumbles.

His greatest success was his league position achievements at Newcastle, and they all hated him up there.

Pardew cannot sustain success.

You know, that saying, in reference and support of modern day managers.

"Give him time"

Unless his name is Pardew. Minimize that time.
  • Options
    He is a dead man walking, they are waiting to pull the trigger. I don't know how restless the natives are but I can imagine if they haven't been very vocal against him, that has probably kept him in the job so far.

At least they have the Pulis money to pay him off now.
  • Options
    Off to Palace vs Southampton today with the missus. Can't wait to see the reaction of their fans if they lose another.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:

Off to Palace vs Southampton today with the missus. Can't wait to see the reaction of their fans if they lose another.

You will feel dirty.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Get behind Pardew, they need and deserve each other..
  • Options
    Sha la la la la la la la
    As loud as you can
  • Options
    Captain Sensible, in return for some Charlton based crowd abuse, asked if anyone wanted "a used Alan Pardew" at this week's Damned gig in Bristol.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Addickted said:

Been told that nice Mr Parrish spoke with Allardyce yesterday.

Shame as I was enjoying watching Pardew make such a balls up of a very decent side who should be challenging for top ten in the Premier with their squad.

Think Pardew should stay and finish them off...
  • Options
    Saints must be shit....today.
  • Options

Saints must be shit....today.

Palace had since last saturday to prepare, Southampton played on Sunday and Wednesday.