Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Turkey

Comments

• Options

Anyone know who's doing commentary? Me watching is very dependent on it with it being ITV.

Can't be any worse than Martin "I'm just going to state the fucking obvious" Keown.
  • Options
    Wilshere guys, Wilshere.
  • Options

Wilshere guys, Wilshere.

Heart, Wanker, Stone, dyer, Wiltshere, Stirling, Ali, Caine,
  • Options
    Still don't get why Sterling moving is any different to another player moving teams, except it was from Liverpool which butthurt every pundit who used to play there
  • Options

Still don't get why Sterling moving is any different to another player moving teams, except it was from Liverpool which butthurt every pundit who used to play there

My vocabulary improves every time I visit this site :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Just watching the goals from the Holland game in 96. I forgot how good the 2nd and 3rd goals were.
  • Options

My vocabulary improves every time I visit this site :-)
    Can't stand that word.

Agree Hudson, I don't get it either. He's not had a great season, but it was a pretty decent step up. It seemed like he didn't get on all that well with Rodgers, and while I don't think Pellegrini is the best manager in the world, I'm sure he'll get bigger offers than Celtic this summer.

It was always going to be difficult for him going from a team who played on the counter to City, where their game plan seemed to be to try and break things down with careful possession. I think Sterling's style of pressing and countering suits England far better. Remember how good he was for Liverpool three years ago when they played a similar game. He's decent in a tackle, and his versatility means he can play as a #10 or out wide. The nice thing about having him or Rooney at the top of the diamond is that both can run beyond the two center forwards, which can be key in that formation.

I like the team. I think it gives Roy the option to switch between 4-4-2 diamond and a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Think that can be crucial within a tournament, where due to the lack of preparation usually means teams are limited to one, maybe two formations overall. This is one of the reasons why Roy selects players who have played in qualification, he's known for working very hard on tactical positioning and shape.
  • Options
    Exciting team for once... Could be interesting!
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Let's hope Wiltshire breaks a leg

What a disgusting thing to say, to wish another human a leg break. What fucking cretin you are.
    My pleasure.
  • Options
    Hoping Wilshere proves once again he is made of biscuits before the squad is finalised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Only just noticed this was on tonight at 5.15 if anybody like me didn't realise

Good shout mate, I had no clue it was on
  • Options
    Very surprised with how few knew this was being played today.

Goal!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Decent goal that. Albeit offside
  • Options
    Excellent turn out from all those northern fans that moan about matches only being held at Wembley. Filled the place right up ain't they.
  • Options

cfgs said:

Hopefully not on ITV. Their coverage makes me want to beat my TV with a rancid haddock.

cafc-west said:

cafc-west said:

Is it on TV anywhere!?

Just seen. ITV from 4:30...
    Rancid haddocks at the ready!
    Just realised rushed out the house to procure a rancid haddock and slipped over. Now I have a leg like an angry fetid blowfish.
  • Options
    Ffs
  • Options
    Have had to turn the sound off tyldesley absolutely does my head in.
  • Options
    Cmon Woy.
  • Options

Imagine him and Matt Dawson in a room. The levels of cringe would be off the scale.
  • Options
    Why does Hodgson always look like he has a toothache?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rose done by a straight pass on his inside. No right foot?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Imagine him and Matt Dawson in a room. The levels of cringe would be off the scale.
    Not half.
  • Options
    England have got a good attack but defensively are not that solid. England more entertaining to watch than usual, but better teams than Turkey will exploit the defensive weakness.
  • Options
    Best bit so far, apart from the goal, been the booing of the turkish national anthem
  • Options

For me, Glenn Hoddle says 'for me' far too much

He does have a direct line to God though...
  • Options

Absolutely pathetic!!
  • Options

Why? Bit harsh beds to say the least.
    I little harsh I suppose . Just an sprain that lasts a couple of months then .
    That's more like it. I really rate him. He is a decent bloke as well - after a home game against Montenegro he signed one of my boys shirt, programme, posed for a picture and spoke to him for 5 mins. My boy pointed out he would never be a good as Johnnie Jackson.
    No one on here will believe that Wilshere did that for your boy ricky. How on earth could an Arsenal player be so accommodating. You must be mistaken mate, must have been an imposter!!!
  • Options

Why? Bit harsh beds to say the least.
    I little harsh I suppose . Just an sprain that lasts a couple of months then .
    That's more like it. I really rate him. He is a decent bloke as well - after a home game against Montenegro he signed one of my boys shirt, programme, posed for a picture and spoke to him for 5 mins. My boy pointed out he would never be a good as Johnnie Jackson.
    No one on here will believe that Wilshere did that for your boy ricky. How on earth could an Arsenal player be so accommodating. You must be mistaken mate, must have been an imposter!!!
    Haha, I have no doubt had he been on Arsenal duty it would have been a different matter. He was a really down to earth bloke. I was quite surprised in all honesty.