Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

But he said he will change....

...Words uttered to me yesterday I don't know who it was a lovely person that likes to see the best in people. (So please no insults towards an innocent question)

But this person also asked if he does change things (he meaning Roland) will the protestors back off and give him a chance?

I couldn't answer simply because I can't answer for everyone, but did wonder what the different individual responses would be. I for one will find it difficult to trust the regime and would worry that after fans back off things will fall apart again.

So if things do change (assuming it's not by selling the club)... What does it need to be and for how long in order for us to drop our gauntlets?

Comments

• edited May 2016
    If he doesn't pull he finger out in the next week or so it doesn't matter what he does. We will be so far behind the other teams for the coming season . We should carry on with protests regardless.
  • Talk is cheap. If he demonstrated he took the club seriously as an entity in its own right, rather than just the latest outpost of his empire, I'd consider it. But I really can't see that happening.
  • He can say that.
    But he won't.
  • Sorry Sadie, but not going to happen.
  • edited May 2016
    If he refuses to sell and he manages to appoint a team to run the club properly then in the end most will come 'round. There will be a small group that never accept him and the majority will not trust him, irrespective as to his actions moving forward, for a long, long time. For me I think I'd need to see significant improvement (including promotion this season) for at least three seasons.

However, I am not sure they want to be successful and I am convinced that they will never understand what it takes to be.
  • Sponsored links:

I know Paul, it wasn't me that thought it was, it was a question someone else asked me. Because I was talking about how much I hated them.
  • A leopard never changes his spots. The only way to get rid of the problem is to shoot the leopard. The best Roland can do now is sell the club and walk away.
  • Has he actually said he will change?
  • Has he actually said he will change?

God knows! Apparently...
  • This is a straight fight now between them and us.

They really don't want to lose. Petty isn't it

Exactly this
  • edited May 2016

Sorry Sadie, but not going to happen.

I know Paul, it wasn't me that thought it was, it was a question someone else asked me. Because I was talking about how much I hated them.
    Sorry, wasn't a pop at you, without giving the "I went to Belgium....." speech, talking to the locals, I got the impression that he seriously does believe he is never in the wrong.

*By the way, did you know I went to Belg........{...}
  • edited May 2016
    I think Katrien and Tony Cahones are telling themselves, and Roland, that a Brit as manager and a fee wins and all will be forgotten and forgiven.

I think that it will be enough for some but not most.

And that is assuming that it would even happen.
  • I think Katrien and Tony Cahones are themselves, and Roland, that a Brit as manager and a fee wins and all will be forgotten and forgiven.

They are naive though if they think any British manager will want their terms.

- you will be called the "head coach"
    - you will be told who to pick
    - you may get people turning up at training you don't recognise.
    - we sign players when we want to, you don't.
    - we sell whoever we want.
    - you will take all responsibility when we lose games
    - you will be sacked if the team we pick for you lose too much to appease the fans, don't worry we already have your replacement lined up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Too late for that now sunshine...jog on!
  • I think Katrien and Tony Cahones are telling themselves, and Roland, that a Brit as manager and a fee wins and all will be forgotten and forgiven.

Keyboard broken again, or did you just use duct tape ?
  • Even if he does change, the trust has gone, he needs to sell. I'm not interested in anything else right now.
  • edited May 2016
    TeslaGirl said:

I would want it in writing and signed. None of that verbal agreement stuff...

I'm more trusting. If he told me he was changing that would be good enough for me. I am sure I speak for most proper Charlton fans.

Edit: I'd better put a smiley face thing here :smiley:
  • how about if he got rid of KM and installed a football experience CEO?
  • It's far too late for them to win me back. However, I honestly believe that if we were to be top six in November then a lot of supporters would decide that everything was alright after all.