Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

But he said he will change....

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

He will never change because he didn't buy the club to try to improve it. His focus isn't on achieving success on the pitch or even creating a team that is exciting to watch.

Even if we had a season of success (e.g. a promotion) I wouldn't trust him to build on it, I'd expect to see him cash in on some of the better players.

It's not about the details of whether we have a manager or head coach, how many players are English, where or how we sign players from, how good the football is to watch. There are different ways clubs can progress and be successful. The issue with this ownership is isn't so much about the football, it's an experiment to prove a club can break even doing the minimum to try to be competitive on be pitch.

Spot on for me.
    It never was about the football. I couldn't care who we hire as a manager, whether we sign any decent players or not. I refuse to support him carrying out an experiment on my club.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

It's far too late for them to win me back. However, I honestly believe that if we were to be top six in November then a lot of supporters would decide that everything was alright after all.

Yep so do I.
    I think personally it will be hard not to be cheery about it. It will be hard to abstain from home matches in March if we were within touching distance of promotion or a play off spot because I enjoy seeing Charlton playing well. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who say the same.

The thing that always sticks in my mind though is this: Whenever I look back at the success of the valley party, as someone who wasn't born at the time I really wish I could have been around to make a difference. I'd have been proud of that. So during this whole thing I've been thinking of how I'll look back at it in 20 years from now and I want to be able to say that I made even the slightest bit of difference instead of giving up and going to games.
  • Options

Has he actually said he will change?

Yes, he's seen the error of his ways, and will change his shoes for a new pair
  • Options
    Champions League and I may have a re-think...
  • Options

Has he actually said he will change?

Yes, he's seen the error of his ways, and will change his shoes for a new pair
    I think he only intends to replace the one with a hole in it. For one a bit cheaper.
  • Options
    The first step would have to be getting rid of a lady who has become a laughing stock. He may have sold her down the river, but anyone with a nose for business knows that this lady is ruining the club. So, a new CEO and a manager like Warnock who is not a yes man would be a start. Curbishley as Director of Football and a transfer kitty to rebuild immediately. More communication with supporters and a clear indication that he has learnt an expensive lesson. COYR.
  • Options
    masicat said:

The first step would have to be getting rid of a lady who has become a laughing stock. He may have sold her down the river, but anyone with a nose for business knows that this lady is ruining the club. So, a new CEO and a manager like Warnock who is not a yes man would be a start. Curbishley as Director of Football and a transfer kitty to rebuild immediately. More communication with supporters and a clear indication that he has learnt an expensive lesson. COYR.

What do you think the chances of all of that happening? Or, in fact, any of it?
  • Options
    My take on this is that he wants to know what he has to do to sell more season tickets. If he manages to dupe enough people and achieves that (he won't) it will then be back to the normal lies and deceit.

My stance remains the same. I will not be back until he has gone. I didn't think I could ever hate someone as much as I do this man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way will they change and he will continue to burn millions because "they haven't got a clue what to do".

There's a song in their somewhere.
  • Options

Too late for that now sunshine...jog on!

The Burnley game showed that it has reached the point of no return for the Belgians.
  • Options
    They want to replace us oldsters with some sort of new fan base, they are a cult , run by an ego. It can't change.
  • Options
    It would take some extraordinary events before I started to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sell up and go quickly.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Squirrel face is going nowhere.

Still here after the 'Liar' flag is very worrying. The trollop has got balls and stubborness in bucket loads unfortunately.
  • Options
    Not that I ever thought about giving them another chance but the moment I walked in the North Lower and saw that net, there will never be a turn around. Really when you think about it that was a massive statement by them that they have nothing but contempt for the fans, can anyone think of game where a net has been put up to stop fans chucking things on the pitch in England? How bad does it have to get for them to realise the games up. Please go and let us get on with supporting and enjoying our club again.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

It's far too late for them to win me back. However, I honestly believe that if we were to be top six in November then a lot of supporters would decide that everything was alright after all.

If we were in the top six he wouldn't be doing too much wrong. I would have thought, he would be hailed as genius he thinks he is. Unfortunately he and about four others actually believe he knows something the rest of the known world doesn't and they all work for him.
  • Options

Uboat said:

If we were in the top six he wouldn't be doing too much wrong. I would have thought, he would be hailed as genius he thinks he is. Unfortunately he and about four others actually believe he knows something the rest of the known world doesn't and they all work for him.
    Top 6 isn't good enough, if he really wanted to redeem himself he needs to put us back where we were when he came, whatever it takes. And that's just for starters.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Think it'd be ignorant to completely dismiss the possibility, but even if he were to change, get rid of KM and RM and take a huge step back, and let someone who knows what they're doing get on with it. It'd still be almost impossible for anyone to ever trust him, and every transfer window there would be the thought in everyone's mind that he'd cash in on our decent players etc.

It's possible I think, but he needs to do something extremely major to get any remote trust back. Even if he were to do all listed above by the start of the season I still wouldn't get a season ticket purely because of that reason.
  • Options
    You've hit the nail on the head. It's all about trust. That trust has gone and for me it will never be regained. There was a time for talking, a time for changing and things could have turned around. That time was about a year ago and if there were genuine signs of change I think the majority would have brought into it. Unfortunately there has been too much water under the bridge since then. Can never trust them again.

Any success by this regime will feel hollow, whilst I want to see the Club back on an upwards path. If it doesn't feel like proper Charlton or our Charlton then what's the point?

Everyone's definition of that will be different, some will be one over by a few wins in league one. For me, it won't be my Charlton until these scumbags leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing. Because he has shown such disrespect to the club and fans, and lied too often. He is simply not a person I want to see associated with Charlton
  • Options
    Penned a little poem tother day, I don't normally share as it's personal, but I think it's relevant to this thread, so here goes, bare with me.....

Stayed in bed all morning just to pass the time
    There's something wrong here, there can be no denying
    One of us is changing, or maybe we've stopped trying

And it's too late, baby, now it's too late
    Though we really did try to make it
    Something inside has died and I can't hide
    And I just can't fake it

It used to be so easy living here with you
    You were light and breezy and I knew just what to do
    Now you look so unhappy, and I feel like a fool

And it's too late, baby, now it's too late
    And I just can't fake it

There'll be good times again for me and you
    But we just can't stay together, don't you feel it too
    Still I'm glad for what we had, and how I once loved you

But it's too late, baby, it's too late

Goodnight
  • Options
    rikofold said:

I've always considered that a Roland Duchatelet who had a genuine football ambition alongside his intent to create a self-sufficient club would be a huge asset and a good fit for us.

The fact is though that he's had 2.5 years during which he's not only showed less than zero football ambition, he's stood by a CEO flailing in her inexperience and damaging the club through her stubborn refusal to acknowledge she needs help, he's promoted a man to COO who patently wants to battle the very supporters who rescued this club in the 80s/90s.

But the Interim CEO and the Pie Man are symptoms. RD doesn't give two sheds for Charlton Athletic or the hopes and dreams of its supporters. It is nothing more than a device for him and as a result there is nothing he could do to win me over now.

I will protest until he's gone or I've gone. And without wishing to be presumptuous, I think I speak for 2% of us when I say that.

Good post Rik, I honestly think it's a lot more than 2% now though.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

I've always considered that a Roland Duchatelet who had a genuine football ambition alongside his intent to create a self-sufficient club would be a huge asset and a good fit for us.

The fact is though that he's had 2.5 years during which he's not only showed less than zero football ambition, he's stood by a CEO flailing in her inexperience and damaging the club through her stubborn refusal to acknowledge she needs help, he's promoted a man to COO who patently wants to battle the very supporters who rescued this club in the 80s/90s.

But the Interim CEO and the Pie Man are symptoms. RD doesn't give two sheds for Charlton Athletic or the hopes and dreams of its supporters. It is nothing more than a device for him and as a result there is nothing he could do to win me over now.

I will protest until he's gone or I've gone. And without wishing to be presumptuous, I think I speak for 2% of us when I say that.

??? There's loads of us!
  • Options

rikofold said:

Good post Rik, I honestly think it's a lot more than 2% now though.
    Yeah I know, was being a tad sardonic :smile:
  • Options
    Whoosh...
  • Options
    RD needs to go sell up and go forth and multiply! I talked with my cousin this evening and I asked if he's gonna go to home or away matches, he said no not till the they are gone!
  • Options

Whoosh...

I know it's late and I think I've got my bed head now lol :blush: