Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

But he said he will change....

13»

Comments

• Options
    The lost trust would take some doing to repair, but if there was a genuine total change in approach a lot of people won't have the appetite for protest. However, there are so many new mistakes to be made in league one and to me, it looks like they have started making them. It is a hypothetical question and they won't change.
  • Options
    They won't change because they think it's us not them that are wrong. The sad thing is, I don't think they arrived with bad intentions towards the club - it's just that it's the perfect storm of people who do not have a freaking clue all turning up at the club at the same time, and appointing others who don't have a scooby.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sadly the only real change Roland is interested in is the loose variety he can keep safely tucked away in his pocket.
    Rikofold summed it up perfectly.
  • Options
    words are wind
  • Options
    Everybody makes mistakes, it's what they do about them is what counts. Making mistakes can sometimes lead to better and stronger things. So far, and I may be wrong here but, I'm not convinced the current regime recognise something is not quite right. I'm willing to be proved wrong.

What could they do to win me around ? Appoint a manager who knows what to do in the division we are in; do it soon; give him a reasonable player budget to try and get us promoted; slash the season ticket prices all around the ground and try and fill it with as many fans as possible.
  • Options
    It wouldn't matter what he said........a leopard doesn't change his spots.......Roland out !
  • Options
    He isn't going to change!
  • Options
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

I've always considered that a Roland Duchatelet who had a genuine football ambition alongside his intent to create a self-sufficient club would be a huge asset and a good fit for us.

The fact is though that he's had 2.5 years during which he's not only showed less than zero football ambition, he's stood by a CEO flailing in her inexperience and damaging the club through her stubborn refusal to acknowledge she needs help, he's promoted a man to COO who patently wants to battle the very supporters who rescued this club in the 80s/90s.

But the Interim CEO and the Pie Man are symptoms. RD doesn't give two sheds for Charlton Athletic or the hopes and dreams of its supporters. It is nothing more than a device for him and as a result there is nothing he could do to win me over now.

I will protest until he's gone or I've gone. And without wishing to be presumptuous, I think I speak for 2% of us when I say that.

Good post Rik, I honestly think it's a lot more than 2% now though.
    Yeah I know, was being a tad sardonic :smile:
    Isn't that still illegal ?

Or is that sodomy ? I get confused.

• Options

rikofold said:

rikofold said:

I've always considered that a Roland Duchatelet who had a genuine football ambition alongside his intent to create a self-sufficient club would be a huge asset and a good fit for us.

The fact is though that he's had 2.5 years during which he's not only showed less than zero football ambition, he's stood by a CEO flailing in her inexperience and damaging the club through her stubborn refusal to acknowledge she needs help, he's promoted a man to COO who patently wants to battle the very supporters who rescued this club in the 80s/90s.

But the Interim CEO and the Pie Man are symptoms. RD doesn't give two sheds for Charlton Athletic or the hopes and dreams of its supporters. It is nothing more than a device for him and as a result there is nothing he could do to win me over now.

I will protest until he's gone or I've gone. And without wishing to be presumptuous, I think I speak for 2% of us when I say that.

Good post Rik, I honestly think it's a lot more than 2% now though.
    Yeah I know, was being a tad sardonic :smile:
    Isn't that still illegal ?

Or is that sodomy ? I get confused.

It's understandable. Both can be used to stick it up you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Everybody makes mistakes, it's what they do about them is what counts. Making mistakes can sometimes lead to better and stronger things. So far, and I may be wrong here but, I'm not convinced the current regime recognise something is not quite right. I'm willing to be proved wrong.

What could they do to win me around ? Appoint a manager who knows what to do in the division we are in; do it soon; give him a reasonable player budget to try and get us promoted; slash the season ticket prices all around the ground and try and fill it with as many fans as possible.

But they're not making mistakes are they? This is the result of wilful management that doesn't understand the intrinsic relationship between a successful team and a successful business. It's not a mistake, it's what they intended to do - they just expected a different result. And they're continuing the same blind path by the sham of searching for a decent British manager they know very well won't accept the terms offered to them for - as Wilder proved - any amount of money.

They can apologise all they like. It carries the same weight as Roland pretending he was over to work with the fans then blanking CASTrust when they called his bluff.
  • Options
    Recognition of the fact that things have gone badly wrong and they are at fault
    New CEO experienced in British football
    Richard Murray retiring from the board
    New SMT ditto
    New British manager who is in charge of recruitment and selection
    Other staff vacancies filled with appointments trusted by the manager and fans
    Intent shown by keeping the good members of the current squad and moving on the recruitment mistakes
    Making some good, british signings
    Genuine engagement with supporters groups
    Establish a "we are all in this together" and "Lets get back where we belong" atmosphere across Fans, players, staff and Directors

All of the above and positive performances on the pitch and I think that the majority of fans will fall into line. I probably would.
  • Options
    Is someone stopping him changing then?!
    Because there's no evidence so far.
    He's probably just rattled over the season ticket boycott and starting to panic a bit.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

These aren't mistakes. People learn from mistakes. What we have is a blind arrogance from the owner who is convinced he can break the mould and that he always knows best despite overwhelming evidence otherwise. Always. Despite all that has happened, there is no indication of a change of direction. In fact, lately he has if anything grown more entrenched (as shown by his rambling Tuesday night attack of fans as Daisy's outburst at the conference).

Too much has happened. There is no going back as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    If he admitted the mistakes he made, listens to advice from people who know, employs the right people and gets rid of Meire (her position is untenable) then acts positively to prove he has changed his strategy then and only then I would be willing to give him a chance.
  • Options
    ...............'What does it need to be and for how long in order for us to drop our gauntlets?'

I'm not dropping my gauntlets for anyone ;-)
  • Options
    I extremely dis-like them as people so I plain and simply don't want them to succeed at anything. They are not charlton and they collectively know f*ck all about football.
    They also have no passion to succeed within themselves. It's all for selfish un-football related reasons.

Has Roland Duchatelet ever genuinely celebrated a charlton goal? (pardew gif with Roland's head on it) Whether that's visible or just a euphoric feeling while he sits in his chair? No, is the inevitable answer.

It's not a case of forgiveness. They, simply are cretins. The extreme Hypotheticals are interesting to read because it judges whether or not it is personal, and or if possibly amendable.

For me, it's personal and it just has to stop.

F*ck off Duchatelet you old wrinkly sh*t bag.
  • Options

...Words uttered to me yesterday I don't know who it was a lovely person that likes to see the best in people. (So please no insults towards an innocent question)

But this person also asked if he does change things (he meaning Roland) will the protestors back off and give him a chance?

I couldn't answer simply because I can't answer for everyone, but did wonder what the different individual responses would be. I for one will find it difficult to trust the regime and would worry that after fans back off things will fall apart again.

So if things do change (assuming it's not by selling the club)... What does it need to be and for how long in order for us to drop our gauntlets?

If and it is a very big if, we seem to have a decent recruitment policy and the team starts to perform next season, then a lot of the dissaffected fans will come back. For a lot of fans its about what goes on, on the pitch and have no interest in behind the scenes if the team perform. However, I don' think this regime will ever be trusted and the moments that results turn as they always will then those that have returned will again be unsatisfied.

There will always be a vociferous hard core, who will protest regardless of the performance on the pitch, until they sell up, but there prominence is as much determined by the results. IMO