Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trust make formal complaint to FA

Comments

• Options
    Superb, well done The Trust
  • Options
    Well done to all concerned. As stated above regardless of if the FA do nothing with it, this needs to go out to all media outlets and make Meire feel more unique.
  • Options
    Well played.
  • Options
    It says it all. Thank you.

• Options
    Another thorn in the duct-taped sole, good stuff
  • Options
    From the FA handbook:

It is for The Association to determine in its absolute discretion the manner in which it conducts an inquiry.

Excellent letter though, let's hope it's picked up by the media & investigated. Well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:

According to the letter CAST say that, either as an independent body or as a member of CARD, they do not condone illegal acts. Surely the throwing of hundreds or thousands of beach and stress balls onto the pitch as organised by CARD were illegal acts.

Erm... nope. Quite apart from anything else, if there was even the silliest and most pedantic way to possibly spin that as actually illegal, KM would have at least attempted it. The fact she has not speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Excellent work, well worth it even if the FA choose to do nothing.
  • Options
    Very good. Keep up the pressure.
  • Options
    olster said:

From the FA handbook:

It is for The Association to determine in its absolute discretion the manner in which it conducts an inquiry.

So, best not hold our breath then.
  • Options
    Great letter let's hope the FA listen
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Mametz said:

According to the letter CAST say that, either as an independent body or as a member of CARD, they do not condone illegal acts. Surely the throwing of hundreds or thousands of beach and stress balls onto the pitch as organised by CARD were illegal acts.

Erm... nope. Quite apart from anything else, if there was even the silliest and most pedantic way to possibly spin that as actually illegal, KM would have at least attempted it. The fact she has not speaks volumes.
    Erm..I think it is.
  • Options

We just know that she's going to fall back on the: "I'm a female... I was misinterpretated" card

Fixed
    Thanks to hearing and seeing Mandy say her interpretation of the word misinterpreted I now have got to the stage that I doubt myself.
    Misinterpretated will probably becomes an accepted word and appear in the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary :-
    Misinterpretated
    : lack of understanding, particularly with regards to a female European Executive. Origin: 2016 Charlton, London( Ref: Mandy Anderson-Myers)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Mametz said:

I prefer blondes, but my mate is currently going at it with a redhead...
  • Options
    Mametz said:

thenewbie said:

Mametz said:

Erm..I think it is.
    Ok, if illegal (as opposed to against club rules) what law has been broken?
  • Options
    Thunderous

It's a commendable complaint but I suspect that nothing will come of it . I hope I'm wrong .

It keeps the pressure on and the issue in the news.
    If nothing else it stops the story of her latest rant being hidden.

Doubt if the FA will act or sanction but doesn't mean it isn't worth kicking up a mini-storm about it.
    That's the thing.
    Meire must be made accountable by being investigated over her comments even if she wriggles out of it.
    The authorities will eventually get the message that there is no smoke without fire and that one of Football's leading club's and a great community asset is being driven to the wall by uncaring owners acting out their own personal agenda.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

Mametz said:

thenewbie said:

Mametz said:

Erm..I think it is.
    The Football Offences Act 1991.

"It is an offence at a designated football match to throw anything at or towards...the playing area or any area adjacent to the playing area....without lawful authority or lawful excuse...."
  • Options
    When the time is right, the circumstances are crying out for a statement from a respected group & there's yet ANOTHER "bullet in the foot" moment from the regime to share, CAS Trust steps up to the plate.

Well done to all concerned.
  • Options
    Glad this has been done and great letter. Perhaps we could have alluded to RD's actual rascist comments about Thai and Chinese owners!
  • Options

redman said:

Glad this has been done and great letter. Perhaps we could have alluded to RD's actual rascist comments about Thai and Chinese owners!

We'll keep that up our sleeve for any inquiry/ hearing...

I feel another crusade by Sir Richard of Prague could be in the pipeline....

• Options
    Mametz said:

mogodon said:

Mametz said:

thenewbie said:

Mametz said:

Erm..I think it is.
    The Football Offences Act 1991.

"It is an offence at a designated football match to throw anything at or towards...the playing area or any area adjacent to the playing area....without lawful authority or lawful excuse...."
    I think we can claim lawful excuse. She is doing our heads in and we are peaceably protesting.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

No, I haven't missed any subtlety. CARD have been repeatedly involved and directing illegal acts. CAST are members of CARD and by being so and indeed remaining so have to accept they have been condoning illegal acts.

Whether Katrien reported these acts or whether the Police responded to those acts is irrelevant. The law was broken.

I'm not attacking CAST for being involved in these protests, ( I have taken part in these protests) but I believe that there letter is technically incorrect.
  • Options
    Excellent work by the Trust.
  • Options
    Well done The Trust.