Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trust make formal complaint to FA

Comments

• Options
    ver professional
  • Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments.

The CAS Trust is already one of the best supported however it would be really helpful if any who aren't currently members, sign up. The more official members we have the greater our clout.

£5 a year, less than a burger and pint.......

You can sign up on the website.
  • Options
    Well done, Steve. Excellent piece of work
  • Options
    Nice one Trust. Very pleased I am a member and you are representing us (IMO) well.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Why don't you take your evidence to the police then, I am sure that they would be interested in your information.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Why would I want to do that?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I would like to add that I'm under the impression - and open to being corrected - that The Metropolitan Police Service have actually intervened on more than one occasion where staff representing Charlton Athletic have been aggressive towards fans.

When the Met feel you've been too aggressive against football fans, you should really have a word with yourself!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Mametz said:

To justify your pedantic, snide dig at CAST.

• Options
    The only crime here, is the inability to quote properly!!!
  • Options
    iainment said:

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

LuckyReds said:

Mametz said:

mogodon said:

Mametz said:

thenewbie said:

Mametz said:

According to the letter CAST say that, either as an independent body or as a member of CARD, they do not condone illegal acts. Surely the throwing of hundreds or thousands of beach and stress balls onto the pitch as organised by CARD were illegal acts.

Erm... nope. Quite apart from anything else, if there was even the silliest and most pedantic way to possibly spin that as actually illegal, KM would have at least attempted it. The fact she has not speaks volumes.
    Erm..I think it is.
    Ok, if illegal (as opposed to against club rules) what law has been broken?
    The Football Offences Act 1991.

"It is an offence at a designated football match to throw anything at or towards...the playing area or any area adjacent to the playing area....without lawful authority or lawful excuse...."
    Perhaps the subtlety was lost on you:
    LuckyReds said:

Mametz said:

According to the letter CAST say that, either as an independent body or as a member of CARD, they do not condone illegal acts. Surely the throwing of hundreds or thousands of beach and stress balls onto the pitch as organised by CARD were illegal acts.

I prefer blondes, but my mate is currently going at it with a redhead...
    CARD is not CAST who are not CARD. They are two seperate entities.

To quote the specific part of the CAST release:
    Under no circumstances does Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust, either independently or as a member of the protest group Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD), condone any direct personal abuse or illegal action against the club, the owner, the CEO or any employees. If Meire has evidence of any criminal acts, then we urge her to report these to the police.
    Essentially CAST are stating that:

(a) They do not condone personal abuse or illegal actions against the club as an independent organisation;
    (b) They do not condone personal abuse or illegal actions against the club as a member of CARD*;
    (c) Meire should report any such behaviour to the police.

I think you're getting at (b), but it's arguable that not all members of CARD have been behind every individual action. It's also worth noting that, with regards to (c), there's been a heavy presence at our recent matches by The Metropolitan Police in an effort of preventing any breaches of the peace - they have not deemed anything worthy of an arrest other than a lone pitch invader to my knowledge.

I would like to add that I'm under the impression - and open to being corrected - that The Metropolitan Police Service have actually intervened on more than one occasion where staff representing Charlton Athletic have been aggressive towards fans.
    No, I haven't missed any subtlety. CARD have been repeatedly involved and directing illegal acts. CAST are members of CARD and by being so and indeed remaining so have to accept they have been condoning illegal acts.

Whether Katrien reported these acts or whether the Police responded to those acts is irrelevant. The law was broken.

I'm not attacking CAST for being involved in these protests, ( I have taken part in these protests) but I believe that there letter is technically incorrect.
    Why don't you take your evidence to the police then, I am sure that they would be interested in your information.
    To justify your pedantic, snide dig at CAST.

It was neither pedantic nor snide.

They said something in their letter that was clearly misleading. That has nothing to do with pedantry. My concern was that it could lessen the impact of their letter if they were not entirely open about their involvement in illegal acts, especially as they are calling for an enquiry into Katrien's behaviour. I feel that they may be leaving themselves open to accusations of being disingenuous. I support both CAST and CARD in their attempts to rid our club of the current regime and I made it clear that I have been involved in some of those illegal acts. However, I see no reason that my support for these actions means I shouldn't point out an error when I see one.

I actually think that the word " snide" more accurately describes your criticism of me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever.
  • Options
    well done CAST
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
    The Trust letter is very good. It pulls together & clearly explains Charlton Athletic supporters positive history as part of the move to challenge racism in football. Katrien Meire's ignorant, ill judged comments shows her total lack of understanding and lack of respect for Charlton supporters & the club's history. Unbelievable from the CEO who is supposed to promote a good image of the club.
  • Options
    The FA surely must take this seriously?
  • Options
    Well done CAST.
  • Options
    well written letter and fully supported by me. Keep up the good work you do in the usual dignified way. Well done.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Saga Lout said:

The FA surely must take this seriously?

They will brush it under the carpet like everything else that is too much trouble for them to deal with. Personally I would send this to the Kick it Out campaign and ask what their views are.
    That's a good idea.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

No, I haven't missed any subtlety. CARD have been repeatedly involved and directing illegal acts. CAST are members of CARD and by being so and indeed remaining so have to accept they have been condoning illegal acts.

Whether Katrien reported these acts or whether the Police responded to those acts is irrelevant. The law was broken.

I'm not attacking CAST for being involved in these protests, ( I have taken part in these protests) but I believe that there letter is technically incorrect.

Just because the FA say you can not do something doesn't make it illegal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mametz said:

Quite right. The trouble is it is not the FA saying this but the law of the land as passed by parliament, therefore it is illegal.
  • Options
    just a thought but why not also send it to EUFA ? RD operates his EgoCult across Europe so why not?
    Maybe the "transfers" of team ownership and players maybe of some interest
  • Options
    Some good ideas put forward above which we will look at.

I must say that I recall even Peter Varney had trouble getting a response out of UEFA when he complained about something on our behalf. I can't remember what it was but I remember some UEFA nob saying about it to the press " and now a small club has a problem with it". We were in the PL at the time
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Quite right. The trouble is it is not the FA saying this but the law of the land as passed by parliament, therefore it is illegal.
    Maybe not snide, I think pompous is a better descriptor for you.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

"Whatever"
  • Options
    Prague not surprising EUFA ignored Peter --- vote Out Out June 23rd !!
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Show me where, the law says missiles not beach balls.
  • Options
    Hartleypete,

I quoted the relevant section of the act about halfway down page 2 of this thread. "Missile" in this instance means anything thrown onto or towards the pitch. Under the law, beach balls, stress balls etc would count as missiles.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

iainment said:

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

"Whatever"
    Touche!