Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet to take control (again?) of St Truiden

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    edit. sorry.
  • Options
    what I want to know is why we have been told all along that he owned STVV anyway?
  • Options

what I want to know is why we have been told all along that he owned STVV anyway?

He did, according to a couple of STTV fans on Facebook that commented on my "congratulations" post
  • Options
    Plenty more posts on the STVV FB page for Charlton fans to send their warmest congratulations to the Duchatelet family. https://www.facebook.com/kstvv/
  • Options
    And what were the Belgian 20 doing at STTV if he didn't own them? :-)
  • Options
    As if he never owned STTV.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

And what were the Belgian 20 doing at STTV if he didn't own them? :-)

Just on a jolly
  • Options
    RD , as we all know, already owned STVV - his stamp is all over the team/stadium/surroundings/town - his wife 'owning' it was all a mask to try to dilute his 'interests' (which we are still unclear about, because it cant solely be about money). The fact that he has now re-bought the club can only be one thing - a tax dodge - maybe the likes of Dippenhall could explain better.

This is really worrying for me - because its clear that he cares nothing about no one - he just rides roughshod over anyone who might dare to stand in his way, and has , despite the supposed comment of him being incensed about the actions of the protesters in Belgium, still decided to progress forward with any plans he had (whatever they might be).
    He cares not a jot about people.
    Henry once put it that we are in Round 3 of a 10 round fight - I wonder now if its simply a fight to the death - and we will see who dies first, him or CAFC?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    He sold them, but his girlfriend owns the ground. They have been renting it from her. That's why they hate Roland. As for his comments, if satire wasn't already dead it would be now.
  • Options
    There are a fair few STVV fans that still seem to like them, or want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Reminds me of Palace fans under Jordan...
  • Options
    RD is such a LAD, just going around buying and selling clubs as and when he damn well wants, giving important jobs to family and friends without caring if they are suitable for the job, all while flipping the bird to everyone and coming out with classic one liners that just cause angry people to froth at the mouth even more.
  • Options

There are a fair few STVV fans that still seem to like them, or want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Reminds me of Palace fans under Jordan...

Reminds me of Charlton fans under Murray post 2006.
  • Options

Wasn't evident when we were there.They, almost unanimously amongst the people we spoke to, hated his guts.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options

RD , as we all know, already owned STVV - his stamp is all over the team/stadium/surroundings/town - his wife 'owning' it was all a mask to try to dilute his 'interests' (which we are still unclear about, because it cant solely be about money). The fact that he has now re-bought the club can only be one thing - a tax dodge - maybe the likes of Dippenhall could explain better.

This is really worrying for me - because its clear that he cares nothing about no one - he just rides roughshod over anyone who might dare to stand in his way, and has , despite the supposed comment of him being incensed about the actions of the protesters in Belgium, still decided to progress forward with any plans he had (whatever they might be).
    He cares not a jot about people.
    Henry once put it that we are in Round 3 of a 10 round fight - I wonder now if its simply a fight to the death - and we will see who dies first, him or CAFC?

If it is all about tax ... and I have no idea if that is even feasible ... then there is no way he will go ... we are just a convenient vehicle for him.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I cant see these twitter links as they are blocked at work, what does it actually say?

same with the ones from jaketbacon???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I cant see these twitter links as they are blocked at work, what does it actually say?

same with the ones from jaketbacon???
    lol dont worry, posted it on the wrong thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    To recap, in the past, RD:

- sold the STVV club - not the ground and environs - to a political and business crony of his and retained a small number of shares (less than 1%, iirc). As we have all seen, the crony often did what RD wanted as far as player loans and transfers were concerned, so the crony's independence was always questionable and may have raised suspicions that RD retained control in reality;

- gifted the grounds and environs to his girlfriend/partner, Marieke Hofte, and has continued to develop them; STVV have been paying her rent.

Since he sold Standard Liege, there is no longer a conflict of interest with him owning two Pro League teams, although he did say at the time of selling Standard that he was finished with Belgian football [as an owner], so he's changed his mind. Perhaps making his wife [does that mean MH?] President is a way to avoid a conflict of interest with his political career, if he still has one?

I feel this could - repeat, could - signal that he's had enough of Charlton and is going back to his "roots" and I think it would be a more comfortable place for the Flanders Meire, too.
  • Options
    Marieke Hofte is Roland Duchatelet,s partner,not wife .Marieke Hofte was the owner of the land that the STVV play on and STVV pay rent for using the ground.Now Roland Duchatelet has brought back STVV so he and his partner have the ground and club in their hands,that is my understanding and how i am reading it.

• Options
    belgofoot's tweets!!

• Options
    An Englishman must really have pissed in his coffee once!!
  • Options
    There's just no other way to describe his actions and words - the guy is plainly,clearly mental.
  • Options
    John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot 35m35 minutes ago
    Duchatelet says he didn't intend to get involved again in Belgian football, but there was interest in Sint Truiden by foreign buyer. (1/4)

Oh the poor sods... They got so so close in getting away

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot 32m32 minutes ago
    Duchatelet says he'll use his experience & be involved in transfers. Network will be used but emphasis on bringing through youth. (3/4)